[Spoiler Alert] About the endings

+

Do you want more RPGs with happy endings?

• Total voters
So what you´re trying to say is that there is no 6 months cloud over our heads, because Alt just lied to us, because she wanted us to join her? Maybe, idk
It is a probability. Viable one, in a game, where you sometimes rewarded for breaking the rules and not taking what you heard for granted. For example, you can save Takemura during arasaka enforcers attack only if you defy quest marker, go opposite direction, find Takemura and help him fend off bad guys.
Yeah, you have every reason to be sceptical about Alt's words. Not to mention her sudden expertise in neurobiology. She has every piece of medical knowledge store in the Net plus vast AI computational power to analyze, okay, but can she really replace professional human neurobiologist up to a point of predicting V's life expectancy with such accuracy? No real-life doctor would give so exact estimation in such unique case, as Relic problem. So yes, Alt could lie, it is absolutely possible and has sense to her known agenda — to gain more engrams.

a question. maybe i didnt get it.

why is V still dying after johnny is out of her/his head? didnt Alt say that everything will be OK in case johnny stays in cyberspcae?

a question. maybe i didnt get it.

why is V still dying after johnny is out of her/his head? didnt Alt say that everything will be OK in case johnny stays in cyberspcae?
She hits V with soulkiller, copies him and puts him back in his body (at this point you can argue whether it's V, copy V, AI V)
He dies 6 months later or so she says anyway.

She hits V with soulkiller, copies him and puts him back in his body (at this point you can argue whether it's V, copy V, AI V)
He dies 6 months later or so she says anyway.
ah, the point i missed was... the phrase "everything will be ok" means the copy process back to her/his body. but thats not for the health, she/he stays brain damaged. ok, got it, now it makes more sense.

thx!

Not to mention her sudden expertise in neurobiology. She has every piece of medical knowledge store in the Net plus vast AI computational power to analyze, okay, but can she really replace professional human neurobiologist up to a point of predicting V's life expectancy with such accuracy?
I think you meant this completely seriously but this reads like satire.

Attachments

• Alt.png
    Alt.png
    333.3 KB · Views: 102
What do you think? Could Alt just lie to us?
About V2 having only six months left? I don't think there's a reason to. Once you jack into Mikoshi, Alt's running the show. If she wanted your engram she would just take it. Hell, maybe she made a copy to take anyway.

It is a probability. Viable one, in a game, where you sometimes rewarded for breaking the rules and not taking what you heard for granted. For example, you can save Takemura during arasaka enforcers attack only if you defy quest marker, go opposite direction, find Takemura and help him fend off bad guys.
Yeah, you have every reason to be sceptical about Alt's words. Not to mention her sudden expertise in neurobiology. She has every piece of medical knowledge store in the Net plus vast AI computational power to analyze, okay, but can she really replace professional human neurobiologist up to a point of predicting V's life expectancy with such accuracy? No real-life doctor would give so exact estimation in such unique case, as Relic problem. So yes, Alt could lie, it is absolutely possible and has sense to her known agenda — to gain more engrams.

Alt...

Now, looking at Alt from a 20+ gamer's experience + other media...Alt is like the prime suspect if you need a main villain for this story.

She is the "ghost" of a woman, trapped behind a gigantic wall that is supposed to keep her out, away. In a place that is full of "malicious" wild savage AI's...and that for like 50+ years. And where she is now, she is all powerful. But outside?

Typically, what is the agendas of such creatures in other media? Cursed "Ghosts", Banshees etc. Usually revenge...and usualyl they went mad at some point. Revenge on Arasaka? Saburo? Humanity as a whole?

I can't name a specific example, but I have seen such characters so often in various media. You know, the character that seems to be nice, helpful, on your side, sympathetic to your cause from the start. Maybe even become the sidekick of the hero, or the mentor figure...

And then its revealed nope, he or she played her own game all along.

However - such a thing would have worked better with a post-credit teaser of sorts... ^^

About V2 having only six months left? I don't think there's a reason to. Once you jack into Mikoshi, Alt's running the show. If she wanted your engram she would just take it. Hell, maybe she made a copy to take anyway.
But if she can do that then why not make infinite copies of V to take with her though..

What do you think? Could Alt just lie to us?

if Alt lies, then Hellman lies too, independently, since his prognosis is the same (which is absolutely plausible)

however, the Occam razor would suggest that it's just a plot gimmick to let us know how deeply V's body is affected, whether you keep the chip or extract it.

Probably, and probably not. After all, all we know about Alt and engrams we know from Alt herself. Maybe she can't take unwilling engrams.

Alt...

Now, looking at Alt from a 20+ gamer's experience + other media...Alt is like the prime suspect if you need a main villain for this story.

She is the "ghost" of a woman, trapped behind a gigantic wall that is supposed to keep her out, away. In a place that is full of "malicious" wild savage AI's...and that for like 50+ years. And where she is now, she is all powerful. But outside?

Typically, what is the agendas of such creatures in other media? Cursed "Ghosts", Banshees etc. Usually revenge...and usualyl they went mad at some point. Revenge on Arasaka? Saburo? Humanity as a whole?

I can't name a specific example, but I have seen such characters so often in various media. You know, the character that seems to be nice, helpful, on your side, sympathetic to your cause from the start. Maybe even become the sidekick of the hero, or the mentor figure...

However - such a thing would have worked better with a post-credit teaser of sorts... ^^
Alt is good in 2020 canon, she made a haven for victims of soulkiller (her own project).
The blackwall wasn't created -for- her, she went there because it's the only place where netwatch & Arasaka cannot trace her and put her in Mikoshi again after she had escaped (and recaptured like twice already).
Way more powerful AIs than Alt are beyond the wall and they're constantly trying to break in and they inevitably will as they keep advancing in technology and power.
There was a "war" already between rogue AIs and netrunners I think, which is when the BICE (Black ICE) was put in place for the blackwall.

Alt...

Given the overall unfinished state of the game we can assume entire plot line about Alt just cut like other tonns of content.

The more i think about the endings and the game, the more i believe it's dark for the sake of, well, dark. None of the endings really make sense, except the one where you blow your brains out. It's like they went with every ending towards ambiguousness, questions, but in the middle they went, fuck it, lets put some dumb shit now.

The one with the legend, go in, destroy Arasaka tower. Like, it was blown up by nuclear blast and it was rebuilt, its an empire of Arasaka, not a tower of Arasaka, the empire wont really even feel it. Also the fact of the legend will be only amongs some mercs, for regular people you gonna be just a terrorist, nothing changes if you destroy the tower. Some other will take the empire and it will live on, unlike V.

The nomad one is similar, attack a tower, get soulkilled. Okay, soulkilled, good, let people guess what it does and is V now real. But nah, lets add some dumb explanaition, solidifying death for V and then just randomly make V leave with Aldecados just because? Helped Panam 2 times? And then they risk everything for some merc from the city? And the lover part, what is that? Its like they needed to include them in some way and just placed them randomly in the endings.

If game got proper ending you wouldn't have to look for hidden enemies in Alt and some other who know which entities. Fact is CDPR just dropped ball with whole game. Not just from technical standpoint but storywise too. They promised that YOUR CHOICES WILL MATTER. They don't. Nothing you do through that 100h+ gameplay matters. It's not ME2 where all your choices actually did mattered. In CP77 you just get one of 7 different colored bad endings.

Top Bottom