Why did Car customization get cut ?

+
I love Cars and I think the cars in cyberpunk have a nice vibe to them,
i've seen alot of variations of parts so why cut it if its there.
I might be wrong, but are you really to lazy to add a function to apply those custom parts?
Atleast let me change the color of my Vehicle...

I love the world that you created but everything else besides world + story is way
behind my expectations.

Was it ever promised, i agree though this feature would be neat. There is so much missing from that game that i would have expeected from an RPG of this caliber! I have faith they will listen to some of our requests :)

Was it ever promised, i agree though this feature would be neat. There is so much missing from that game that i would have expeected from an RPG of this caliber! I have faith they will listen to some of our requests :)
Yes it was a feature that would've been in the end release if it didnt get cut

More info:
Here

i hope they put it back in, i really need a custom car XD,
improve some of that handeling i like my gunmetal quadra type 66 avenger but it just needs some handeling love LOL,
i could also be in for some basilisk action :)

What we rlly need is a bounty gang and law system so we can use our custom cars to run away from MAXTAC drop ships chasing us....

At some point they were just trying to wrap up what did work in the game and abandoned everything they didn't have ready yet. It's obviously very unfinished. I just hope they do try to fix and finish it and it doesn't end up as yet another unfinished game in the list of "games I love but weren't actually ever finished."

Ziffa

Forum regular
The game has already tons of content to keep you occupied, in detail:

Tons of different quests with different outcome
Challenging and worthy world encounters
A deep campaign where you, the main character, can mold the future of Night City.
Tons of build to fit your gamestyle, POE in comparison is a baby game.

Heck why you even bother about car customization.....
Nowdays gamer are so entitled they just want more without digging deep enough first.

I do hope they bring all or at least most of cut content back.
On the other hand i think they won't do that as for what reason? Sales are trough the roof and money is coming in amounts to book this under done and move on.....

A deep campaign where you, the main character, can mold the future of Night City.

Nowdays gamer are so entitled they just want more without digging deep enough first.
Have to disagree the game doesnt have enough content to make u level cap youself im the perfect example ran a pacifist build didnt kill a soul used a non lethal mod on a gun completed all the quests everything its basically just me roaming around and my lvl is 32 and 50 street card dont have enough to buy all cars or to invest in other gear or weapon no more money

Have to disagree the game doesnt have enough content to make u level cap youself im the perfect example ran a pacifist build didnt kill a soul used a non lethal mod on a gun completed all the quests everything its basically just me roaming around and my lvl is 32 and 50 street card dont have enough to buy all cars or to invest in other gear or weapon no more money
Oh and the outcome dont even impact id throw couple examples but i dont want to spoil to everybody not saying the game is bad i actually love this game to death but your statement has no fundamental

Your post is the funniest thing I ever read XD "A deep campaign ... can mold the future of Night City." "Challenging and worthy world encounters" those are the best XD

Nobody knows. It's strange. This is some shell of a game (alpha) without any features except main story. Not that good one too. So who knows? It's shady. Rushing out for political reasons?

It's very strange for a multi billion dollar company.

The point is that CB2077 is clearly an unfinished 'work in progress' and after 10 years of development, and much uber hype everyone in the player community expected a lot more. Half the stuff in adverts and interview media has been left out, dumped or forgotten including the whole of the transport system where we now see blocked entrances in game to a feature that was left out. The audience expectation for this game after so many years of development was super high, and with new engine and creative expertise we expected a game so full of variance, depth, interactive options and breath taking imagination and customisation as would befit the ultimate cyberpunk city, dark, brooding, dangerous, full of wonders and random events and instead.. a game to ride around and pose in through a scripted progression with little else to do and life path options and dialogue choices that have zero effect on the eventual outcomes.

What we got was a totally watered down version, an incomplete shell of an alpha early build game, fatally flawed on consoles, rushed through to Christmas release where much of this bold vision and hyped content was lost or shelved, after the game owners and devs sold themselves down the river to accommodate the ego and commercial sales potential of Keanu. It's not even as creative or engaging as Skyrim or games made many years before CB2077. Night City is a dead end populated by non interactive repetitive NPC zombies, restricted by a storyline gameplay, lacking TPP, barely any object interaction, limited physics, broken crafting system with a major (int_0) bug, ghastly player character clothing which is lacking any form of skilled design consistency or imagination, and to add insult to injury they censored and dumbed down all adult content 'welcome to Vanilla City'

It has Japanese and Chinese influenced design as per Blade Runner but has glaring bright day sunshine and zero smog or pollution... yet you can't even wield dual blades or katana, and the list of broken promises on features has been written about by many reviewers... All in all, it's pretty as a city but as a game it's a sham and a shame, and really after the storyline is done, there is nothing to do, it's a dead environment like a glossy movie set stage but nothing like the futuristic vision and masterpiece it could have been if they'd not nerfed it to suit their Keanu fetish.

So much of what this 'might have been' was lost in this change of style, and the only thing that will now save this game for the future will be the modding community

Last edited:
CDPR already confirmed that there's going to be a multiplayer with microtransactions so they may be saving a lot of the cosmetic content for that. Cosmetic content MT's do tend to be big sellers on other games.

Top Bottom