[Spoiler Alert] About the endings

+

Do you want more RPGs with happy endings?

• Total voters
That is the other big issue, endings are determined by who you fuq with and not your choices.
That's just a longer chain of your choices, isn't it? Don't you find your statement contradicts itself? Because first your choices determine if you fuq someone or not and later your choices determine if you see her at the prologue.

And btw I am glad that this story is not like a Disney fairy-tail and the ending I achieved pretty much fits my expectation.
For those who are still upset: no one said that V won't find a way to transfer his identity to some construct chip and became the next Johny in someone's mind or just in some donor body (hello Altered Carbon) in Cyberpunk 2078. He did so much for 2 weeks, so he got enaugh time to achieve it for half a year.

Ok, I am just tired of trying to explain why all the endings can't be called "unhappy".

Here is another argument:
I don't know how someone dares to call this ending not happy:

I know you are joking, but that they put this into the Legend ending only for her to break up with you afterwards is adding insult to injury lol.

Could have at least salvaged the romances in this.

That's just a longer chain of your choices, isn't it? Don't you find your statement contradicts itself? Because first your choices determine if you fuq someone or not and later your choices determine if you see her at the prologue.

And btw I am glad that this story is not like a Disney fairy-tail and the ending I achieved pretty much fits my expectation.
For those who are still upset: no one said that V won't find a way to transfer his identity to some construct chip and became the next Johny in someone's mind in Cyberpunk 2078. He did so much for 2 weeks, so he got enaugh time to achieve it for half a year.

And it is totally fine and cool that it meets your expectations. It didn't meet the expectations of a lot of other people, which is why everyone asks for ADDITIONAL endings, so that everyone is allowed to enjoy stuff.

Btw Disney killed Han Solo in 60 minutes. Not quite my benchmark for happy stuff.

For those who are still upset: no one said that V won't find a way to transfer his identity to some construct chip and became the next Johny in someone's mind or just in some donor body (hello Altered Carbon) in Cyberpunk 2078. He did so much for 2 weeks, so he got enaugh time to achieve it for half a year.
Nobody wants to replace what we have, but having one ending where V lives without preset timer would be bad? I dont think so.

Beats the fuck outta me, but probaly that be not edgy enough, but idk.

All comes to the question of time and effort from developers, who, i guess, had been whipped and hurried by men in expensive suits: stakeholders, top-managers and other capitalists.

Let's just dream for a minute. About properly implemented plot mechanics, such as Empathy and johny-meter, directly affecting our ending. Possibility to call all hands on deck, not only nomads or Rogue, but plan real operation. Nomads distract Arasaka forces by attack from desert, Rogue goes Fixer Maximus by gathering intel, hiring and organizing the mercs, Moxes... provide their club and dolls for massive celebration orgy, i guess, etc.

Last edited:
All comes to the question of time and effort from developers, who, i guess, had been whipped and hurried by men in expensive suits: stakeholders, top-managers and other capitalists.

Let's just dream for a minute. About properly implemented plot mechanics, such as Empathy and johny-meter, directly affecting our ending. Possibility to call all hands on deck, not only nomads or Rogue, but plan real operation. Nomads distract Arasaka forces by attack from desert, Rogue goes Fixer Maximus by gathering intel, hiring and organizing the mercs, Moxes... provides their club and dolls for massive celebration orgy, i guess, etc.
One can only hope.

btw this is a game where, after they try to kill you, you can pull out a sword and completely wipe out the leadership of the most reclusive and feared gang in the city from the inside out by yourself. I'm pretty done with this assertion that bleak endings that show you how powerless you are are somehow thematically appropriate when the rest of the game disagrees.

I finally found the courage/time to watch videos of the other endings and got to say that the Space Heist one is probably better than the Nomad one bar the romance integration.

If V actually survives the Space Heist and we get DLC that rebuilds the bridge to our romance option (or we get a change that preserves the option of him/her not breaking up before the heist) and defeats the 6 month timer I would be completely happy.

It will be years before proper edition, i guess.
Still blows my mind how no one in dev team thought "Man, these endings are kinda dark and gives no direct closure"
Post automatically merged:

I finally found the courage/time to watch videos of the other endings and got to say that the Space Heist one is probably better than the Nomad one bar the romance integration.

If V actually survives the Space Heist and we get DLC that rebuilds the bridge (or let her/him not break up in the first place) to our romance option and defeats the 6 month timer I would be completely happy.
I'd be happy with just V living.

Sorry to break it to you, but the ending you are happy with is pretty much a Disney fairy-tail, Panam and V riding into the sunset and they live happily ever after*. (for six months*)

There is a reason that option is made the way it is. If you are really asking for a dark ending, then let's remove that one, and maybe the "legend" ending as well. Let's see how the endings fit your expectations now.

One can only hope.
Also, i don't want to be literally fucked by Meredith. Laugh as you like at my naivety, but i really thought we would discuss biz, possibly about mutually benefit partnership with Militech against a common foe, Arasaka. I expected a fully-fledged questline about Militech with toxic remarks from Johny about V selling out to corps like bitch. Alas, i got only sex, where i wasn't even given an option to refuse.

Still blows my mind how no one in dev team thought "Man, these endings are kinda dark and gives no direct closure"

Devs were probably too exhausted and discouraged by inferior project management of their superiors to think of anything but finishing the job to deadline and then sleep 48 hours.

Devs were probably too exhausted and discouraged by inferior project management of their superiors to think of anything but finishing the job to deadline and then sleep 48 hours.
That is probably the main reason and super sad. In the end everyone loses: The players, the companies, the employees.
Real cyberpunk(. Dumb, greed-driven decisions of suits leading to shit for each and everyone. Who said "politics IRL"?)

Also, i don't want to be literally fucked by Meredith. Laugh as you like at my naivety, but i really thought we would discuss biz, possibly about mutually benefit partnership with Militech against a common foe, Arasaka. I expected a fully-fledged questline about Militech with toxic remarks from Johny about V selling out to corps like bitch. Alas, i got only sex, where i wasn't even given an option to refuse.

Ah yeah Meredith scene. That was so unexpected. I wnet in and was like, wait, what the fuck is goin on.

Sorry to break it to you, but the ending you are happy with is pretty much a Disney fairy-tail, Panam and V riding into the sunset and they live happily ever after*. (for six months*)

There is a reason that option is made the way it is. If you are really asking for a dark ending, then let's remove that one, and maybe the "legend" ending as well. Let's see how the endings fit your expectations now.
where did you read that all the endings fit my expectations? I said about certain one I got.
My key point is that not all the endings are "unhappy" like many are crying here.

btw this is a game where, after they try to kill you, you can pull out a sword and completely wipe out the leadership of the most reclusive and feared gang in the city from the inside out by yourself. I'm pretty done with this assertion that bleak endings that show you how powerless you are are somehow thematically appropriate when the rest of the game disagrees.
I made a post arguing against this earlier today

Top Bottom