[SPOILER] Secret ending is a hoax

+
So, I did it, and it is the worst. If you can take down the first few guards, the next step is getting worse. Enemies the game throws at you have like 99% chance of passive evasion, and able to oneshot you. No way you can make it through without cheats. If you make it to the end, you have practically recycled endings.Path of glory - Rogue disappeared without explanation, as if you went through arasaka assault with Rogue. Death during the scam mission - recycled ending as if you commited suicide.

I was already quite sick with looter-shooter MMOFPS mechanics, say hello to the game designer who made it as if there was a single gunplay design handbook, recycled over and over and over since 2008 without end, in a pursue of annoyingly boring bottom of bland mediocrity. Now I am sick with endings, I got them all - and the explanation why the protagonist should die is just an excuse to make the story "dark". Even if DNA has been altered by nanites, the same nanites might be reprogrammed to alter it back. Literally nothing can prevent that as nothing prevented the initial process. Story writing overused a checklist for practically every other mission - nothing goes as planned, someone has to die blabla and so on. Whatever.

I really tried to like this game. I played it a lot (over 80 hours now). I like the story in general, art style, atmosphere and graphics, but endings are wannabe grimdark, except nomads better ending.

I am sick with gameplay, if being specific, I am sick with gunplay, leveling, lack of role playing (I beated it on very hard without bothering to distribute the majority of attribute points and perk points). Most of meaningful choices don't require any skill checks. This is as much an RPG as Far Cry 3 - action packed linear story. Not even close to New Vegas, full of dialogues and skill checks. I can't recommend this game to anyone at full price. I don't know anyone who isn't sick of endless looter-shooter mmo gameplay. I don't believe it will ever be fixed into a game that is fun to play.

Well I just wrote almost the exact same thing :) And yes. A polished Far Cry. It was very hard for me to accept this. My friends and I argued over the story progression. They wanted to believe until the end that story sometimes changes. But in the end, we all agreed. There is nothing non-linear about this game.

Is there a reason giving why when V is "uploaded" a game with cybernetics, ripperdocs, brain dances, flying cars etc etc can't provide a healthy cloned body with zero dmg to it to "download" back into?

Well I was wondering how hard it is but if that's indeed true that they're as hard as facing the MAXTAC then I have no interest in even trying that out. Thanks for sharing the experience.

Is there a reason giving why when V is "uploaded" a game with cybernetics, ripperdocs, brain dances, flying cars etc etc can't provide a healthy cloned body with zero dmg to it to "download" back into?

Because clones in the cyberpunk lore are imperfect and only living for a couple of months - you wouldn't change anything.

Because clones in the cyberpunk lore are imperfect and only living for a couple of months - you wouldn't change anything.

Thnxz for reply m8, i know nothing of the lore as you can tell

If the chip johnny was on is a experimental one then V was "uploaded" to another, is this other more advanced? And even if not then why not go the intended route and download to a "new" body saying something like your brains beyond repair but theres this body we can "modify" and download you to, cue the Character creator

No way you can make it through without cheats. If you make it to the end, you have practically recycled endings.Path of glory - Rogue disappeared without explanation.
Not sure why she's disappearing for you? I've been doing it repeatedly for fun.
And to cleanse my soul for dipping my toes into "The Devil" ending for completionist sake. :eek:

"In the 'secret' ending, she shows up at the bar and insists you order a 'house' drink from the afterlife. Best option is probably drinking to Jackie. You cannot see her in Afterlife in any other ending."

Recon Grenades do wonders here. (They're better than ping for the hallways)
  • Legendary Ping is a must-have for quickhack builds
    • Contagion (Legend)
    • Ping (Legend)
    • Cripple (Legend)
    • Cyber Psychosis (optional Epic)
    • Short Circuit (Legend)
    • Weapon Jammer (optional Legend)
    • Netwatch Mk4 deck (or your favorite)
  • Cold Blood is King
    • There's a synergy here with Legendary Short Circuit for clearing the big mechs
  • If you're not running smart guns, make sure you have enough ricochet to blind fire corner hallways.
  • Spray and pray with a smart gun can sometimes stagger long enough for you to move to cover and puff your inhaler.
  • Even at Max level, a few unlucky rounds will absolutely murder you.
    • Armor up, play smart.
  • Load!
    • Seriously. If you get shot and go down, load the autosave of when you're strolling through the security gate. You don't have to start at Embers or the roof each attempt.

Absolutely wrong. Case and point a character by the name of Adriana. Clone of a tragically diseased daughter. Looks like 20, but she is already 5 years old, healthy and still going strong without a hint of dying.

Thnxz for reply m8, i know nothing of the lore as you can tell

If the chip johnny was on is a experimental one then V was "uploaded" to another, is this other more advanced? And even if not then why not go the intended route and download to a "new" body saying something like your brains beyond repair but theres this body we can "modify" and download you to, cue the Character creator

V's engram is not uploaded on a Relic chip - you are just an engram in Mikoshi.

Unless you are choosing the Arasaka ending it's implied that there isn't any other Relic chip as advanced as the prototype and because it is lost it's going to take quite a long time to develop another one. But assuming you (or better: a friend of yours) would get your/his hands on another advanced relic chip taking over another human would be possible, as far as i can tell.

E.g. if you would have a "fresh" relic chip as advanced as the prototype and you would enter Arasaka Tower with Panam, your engram could be saved on the empty chip and then used by Panam to insert your consciousness in any of the dead bodies left in the Arasaka Tower.

Well I just wrote almost the exact same thing :) And yes. A polished Far Cry. It was very hard for me to accept this. My friends and I argued over the story progression. They wanted to believe until the end that story sometimes changes. But in the end, we all agreed. There is nothing non-linear about this game.

You're totally wrong!

In FarCry 5 the water reacts to what you're doing. Fire reacted in a realistic way, and the loot system makes you feel like a survivor, not like a drug addicted that's willing to scavange trash to sell and buy it's stuff. There is a variety to take downs and the skills were well made.

Cyberpunk 2077 is an unpolished Far Cry, at best. Too much pretentious marketing lies, and very little delivered.

There were more investment in marketing and internet connection, so they can openly lie to investors in conference calls about the state of the game on PS4, and lie to costumers about the branching gameplay options than the entire budget in quality.

It's the "Steve Job's marketing/product paradox". The better the company does, more they invest in marketing, and less they invest in the actual product quality.

Attention to 1:17 - "The product genious that brought the company to that monopoly position gets rooted out by the people running these companies that have no conception of a good product versus a bad product. THEY HAVE NO CONCEPTION OF THE CRAFTSMANSHIP REQUIRED TO TAKE A GOOD IDEA AND MAKE A GOOD PRODUCT"

Last edited:
Absolutely wrong. Case and point a character by the name of Adriana. Clone of a tragically diseased daughter. Looks like 20, but she is already 5 years old, healthy and still going strong without a hint of dying.

Oh i see - just did a quick google search and there it was mentioned that it wasn't perfected yet (and cyberpunk clones would be prone to several deadly illnesses).

But yeah, taking a look into this case of Adriana, it looks like Biotechnica and Francis Young were able to create self-aware clones using similar techniques as soulkiller.

Oh i see - just did a quick google search and there it was mentioned that it wasn't perfected yet (and cyberpunk clones would be prone to several deadly illnesses).

But yeah, taking a look into this case of Adriana, it looks like Biotechnica and Francis Young were able to create self-aware clones using similar techniques as soulkiller.
I think devs wanted just to make the story tragic and discarded any "happy end" options, even lore-friendly, or that make common sense.

So, the explanation of deadly disease is V's DNA altered to fit Silverhand's personality. But it is just an excuse that ignores two things.

There was no any need to alter DNA in the first place. We know (both of: actual real-life scientific fact, and initial ingame explanation of how the chip works), that brain functions, memory, skills and everything are made of neural connections - a literal neural network, where brain cells receive an electric signal and basing on accumulated charge received from multiple incoming connections, they may either generate a discharge and pass the signal further, otherwise weak accumulated charge leaks away eventually. Countless connections make complex reaction chain and form out memories, skills and personality. The chip works, as explained in the game, by rewiring brain cell connections, to restore the brain network similar to Silverhand's brain and therefore effectively restoring him into host's brain. There is no any need to involve DNA modification.

But even if we follow the ridiculous excuse, there are still several options.
1. Nanites that alter DNA potentially can be reprogrammed to alter it back. So in few weeks V might be cured.
2. Alt might modify V's engram to make it compatible with altered DNA.
3. The explanation of threat is the immune system attacks neurons and kills them. So it might be possible to suppress natural immune system and get some immunity system implants to protect the body from infections (we even have immunity system slots in cyberware section!).
4. In the path of glory ending, it is stated that V is rich AF, so V may invest a lot in either or both: hire corporations to research for the cure, or to clone V's body, as mentioned in posts above, clones are able to live at least 5 years.
5. It is sci-fi! You may come up with more options, and I don't buy this "we can do anything except one thing you want", especially when medical treatment is so advanced.

Its not a movie though, its a game. Your decisions should matter above all else. Name one Cyberpunk 2020 storyline that ends with all characters dying by necessity.
It doesnt exist, because these stories respect the medium they are in.
And as a game with several endings it would be very nice to see something different and proportional to efforts players invested into the story. Now all game endings with some degree of generalization, may be reduced to two options: you die or you die a bit later. A good rival of mass effect 3 endings, which are the same but with differently colored explosions.

what is the first guy talking about ,you can easily run through the tower , why are you trying to solo the tower at level 30 and underprepared everything else makes no sense besides that they should add more RPG elements

Its not a movie though, its a game. Your decisions should matter above all else. Name one Cyberpunk 2020 storyline that ends with all characters dying by necessity.
It doesnt exist, because these stories respect the medium they are in.

You're assuming that they are going to go against an entire genre by giving us a cheery ending. Btw, Nearly every rpg I've ever played has had a bittersweet ending, regardless of choices I made in game. This illusion of choice has always been an illusion, especially in open game worlds. Skyrim had no ending, for example. People are nitpicking over something I have yet to see in a video game. Even when players are given the illusion of choice, like in Mass Effect 1-3, there are only a few scripted endings, and players still thought those endings sucked and weren't comprehensive enough.

You're assuming that they are going to go against an entire genre by giving us a cheery ending. Btw, Nearly every rpg I've ever played has had a bittersweet ending, regardless of choices I made in game. This illusion of choice has always been an illusion, especially in open game worlds. Skyrim had no ending, for example. People are nitpicking over something I have yet to see in a video game. Even when players are given the illusion of choice, like in Mass Effect 1-3, there are only a few scripted endings, and players still thought those endings sucked and weren't comprehensive enough.
What sad games have you been playing where there wasn't a good ending? Even Mass Effect 3 had a good ending, you just had to work hard to get it.

What sad games have you been playing where there wasn't a good ending? Even Mass Effect 3 had a good ending, you just had to work hard to get it.

The "good ending" in ME3 was added after fans complained about every ending being bad, and it still wasn't good enough for some people.

I'd actually like to know what games you're playing that have these happy rainbow endings. Even in the Final Fantasy series we don't get happy endings, and those games are on the accessible and cheery side of rpgs. In FF7, Cloud was still devastated by the loss of Aerith, and Tifa (who was obviously in love with Cloud) fought through her broken heart and vowed to help Cloud find her. In FF8, Squall died. In FF10, Tidus died. In FF15, Noctis sacrificed himself, and Luna (his love interest) died before him.

Top Bottom