Hotfix 1.06

+
The 8mb PC bug; does that affect all PC saves prior to this patch? Are those saves corrupted even if the save was less than 8mb? Or does that bug only affect PC saves >8mb.

How exactly do we know if our save is corrupted or not? I don't want to continue playing with my currently 2mb save if it will not work once I get to 8mb.

I was literally just checking what new patches will bring, and then BAM, this came out. Now go get some sleep, it's past midnight guys and you deserve a break from this mess! Merry Christmas to all celebrating and let's hope this game becomes what it's supposed to be :)

yeah.. fixing a single NPC on a SINGLE quest really helps... lol..

important and quick fixes for a lot of problems:
  • quests still brick
  • save files still brick (seems to be fixed)
  • performance still worse than 1.04
  • bulk crafting/disassembling
  • item favorization (aka disassembling protection)
  • some keybind configurations / toggles (i.e. walk, dodge and other keybind overlaps)

Last edited:
This and the previous hotfixes wont download if I have 30 GB available in disk or less. Had to delete Star Citizen to download last patch that turned to be a few megabytes.

The 8mb PC bug; does that affect all PC saves prior to this patch? Are those saves corrupted even if the save was less than 8mb? Or does that bug only affect PC saves >8mb.

How exactly do we know if our save is corrupted or not? I don't want to continue playing with my currently 2mb save if it will not work once I get to 8mb.
Only save files above 8MB were affected, so every save below that is going to work fine.

I've been looting anything i can, breaking most of it down to upgrade gear and weapons i like, the save file memory increase being only for pc isn't fair to the people like myself who press on through the issues on in my case a 1 tb memory ps4. Please give us the save file size upgrade as well, thank you. and happy holidays

Hopefully after this hotfix will be no more game crashes like this one on the picture;]
On my PC build events (crashes) like this should not existed at all!

im on a i5-7600, 16gb ram, gtx 1060, game has never crashed on me. what i meant is that might be your hardware? other than that well its odd

I've been looting anything i can, breaking most of it down to upgrade gear and weapons i like, the save file memory increase being only for pc isn't fair to the people like myself who press on through the issues on in my case a 1 tb memory ps4. Please give us the save file size upgrade as well, thank you. and happy holidays
The change was necessary on pc, because the game could not create bigger save files than 8 MB, making them corrupted. As this is not an issue on console, there is no reason to change it.

So the 8mb file size limit is listed only for PC specific fixes. Does this mean it's not affecting console users or that console users are going to need to wait for another actual patch and not just hotfixes for this issue to be resolved? Some actual communication and clarification are very much needed. I'm trying to do a 100% run on the PS4 and I don't wanna be sat there worrying about my save getting corrupted whilst I try to enjoy this game only for all my progress to be lost.

Top Bottom