Mini-map at High Speed

+
Hey, everyone. Anyone else think the mini-map needs to be adjusted? When you're going at high speeds, I think the mini-map should kinda zoom out a bit so we know when a turn is coming. As it stands right now, even when you're watching the mini-map at high speeds, the turn comes up on you, like "BAM!" and it takes a loooong time to brake, especially if it's raining in-game.

Anyway, I'm really enjoying the game, except for this minor thing. I'm more than 30 hours in, and I've not encountered any bugs and glitches. Just lucky, I guess? I'm on PC.

So... Yeah.

I play on triple monitors, and anytime anything from loot to calls to anything, appears on my left screen then my mini map disappears.

This sort of conditioned me to not use the mini map at all. And I highly recommend it.

Point your character at the waypoint and just drive. It's 10x funner and you can haul ass without limits.

It took me forever, but try to avoid using it. I wasn't really absorbing the city all that well just staring at my mini map for that turn. It is helpful as a reminder, but for real, pretend it is just an annoying little fairy that just pops out every now and then saying, "Hey, Listen!" as you're on your way to China Town to break all their pots.

LOL
Post automatically merged:

It took me forever, but try to avoid using it. I wasn't really absorbing the city all that well just staring at my mini map for that turn. It is helpful as a reminder, but for real, pretend it is just an annoying little fairy that just pops out every now and then saying, "Hey, Listen!" as you're on your way to China Town to break all their pots.

Yeah, I stopped looking at the mini-map for driving altogether. I'm still hesitant to use any mods to fix it given the evolving state of the game. And yep, I did actually go to Chinatown to break some pots. Thanks for the idea :)

On Twitter, I brought this to to them also! Either zoom out at high speeds or put arrows on the road or a single arrow in the air! It does make it hard to stop and make a turn when the cars physics just don't work like you want them to! Hopefully they see these forums and get ideas from them. I feel that they will work for the best!

Top Bottom