Not raining often enough?

+
the only time rain appears for me is in the scripted moments. i would really like it to be more dynamic.

I assume that they will implement it when it is more stable or it will not be incorporated, there is no news of all the cut content.

Rain happens very rarely. You get wet streets a lot, but mostly without rain. But it does happen. Especially at evenings.

especially at night it looks better,
notice puddles of water or moisture only with raytracing enabled
but I hope that at some point they will add the drops to fall
I did not experience it even with 14hs,
it must be something random

Night City está en medio de un desierto, es normal que no llueva.

Last edited:
the only time rain appears for me is in the scripted moments. i would really like it to be more dynamic.
Simple ... but true. I was imagining a much darker themed city.

I was expecting Tim Burton’s Batman (1989) but I was given Joel Schumacher’s Batman (1995). Ewwwww

No, definitely no raining enough. But it is supposed to mimic a SoCal or Los Angeles area... which barely gets any rain compared to other major cities. Yet the game is similar to folklore of the ORIGINAL Blade Runner movie, which rains ALOT in that.

But I do want more of it and better sounds of rain hitting various surfaces in the city. I want to hear it when it hits the car windows, roofs, sidewalks, etc.

Last edited:
I think it'd be cool if we could choose weathers atleast for Photomode but that's for another topic ;)

But like the person above me said - Night City is supposed to be in a kinda dry climate! I've seen it rain a few times tho!

Attachments

• photomode_19122020_083127.png
    photomode_19122020_083127.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 38
Well there's a desert outside of NightCity for a reason. I even found a shard where someone talks about the drought and water scarcity. Beside some small rain showers in the afternoon there shouldn't be that much rain to be honest.

My problem isn't that it barely rains (altho, 2 times in 50 hours, both of which I'm still unsure if it was scripted with side missions or random, is kinda low, I don't care that this is calli, beauty over realism) no, my problem with the rain is that it literally is the worst rain effect i've seen in the last 5 years at least, it looks like a low res png with stripes that wiggle.

Simple ... but true. I was imagining a much darker themed city.

I was expecting Tim Burton’s Batman (1989) but I was given Joel Schumacher’s Batman (1995). Ewwwww
me too, I expected more dystopia as well

It rains randomly, just rare. But you're in Cali, how often does it rain in California? The world outside cities like Night City is like Mad Max as well, a dry wasteland.

It rains more and better sound effects in GTA San Andreas for the PS2 than for Cyberpunk 2077 lol. And there both in California.

It rains more and better sound effects in GTA San Andreas for the PS2 than for Cyberpunk 2077 lol. And there both in California.

Except that GTA is in modern day Cali. You should probably look into the setting a bit more, there was a nuclear war recently.

As a side note. On average there are 284 sunny days per year in LA. Let that sink in :D

Top Bottom