About CDPR's attitude

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know they have released hot fix 1.06 and made a lot of people see "hope" in the game. But don't cry with joy yet. There are things I noticed for quite some time that I want to discuss with you guys. And through these details I'm really concerned and disturbed because somehow they show that CDPR have changed from a studio with conscience to a corp with greed only.

For the advertisement part, they actually did a lot of things to lure players in a really subtle way, I'll list some that I can remember, feel free to add more if you know some.

1. In night city wire they said you could customize your gun "for example scope and suppressor", but in the game you only have scope and suppressor. They are just leading on with the certain terminology they use and leave the blame to players' imagination

2. For the media's rating they allowed them to use PC version only, so the problems on consoles weren't revealed.

3. They only permitted the media to use and edit the video clips they sent to the media in their rating, so the bugs can only be described in the ratings but not displayed in videos before the release of the game

4. In their so called apology they claimed to fail to demonstrate the old console versions so a lot of console players don't know how bad the game is on those platforms. But they CDPR knew exactly what's wrong with them. In their demonstration for ps4pro and xbox they deliberately drove really slowly because they knew if you drive fast the frame rate would drop significantly

5. In the last night city wire they said "you need to decide how to use your dirty money" and showed a lot of things including a rollercoaster kind of rail experience. But they are just trying to imply that you can spend your money in many ways however they avoided saying that explicitly. When players find out they can only buy weapons clothes cars, again it's not CDPR's fault it's your own imagination that fucks your mind.

To be honest I've become a fan of CDPR because of witcher 3, but I really don't have too much faith to this company right now. It seems much more bitchy than before and did a lot of things it would never do. I don't know how you think about this, please share your ideas.
When you look just from corp. side, yes, it looks like that. Did you tried look from their side as not corp.? I mean just all this crap happening with covid-19 it's a big deal, how you would deal with that? How you would deal with things that devs are saying they can't make this or that and they need time which you already don't have? ^^

40% of those sales were to console owners that got a game that was open beta quality at best.

They preordered not because they were okay with paying full price for a barley functional product, but because Cd Projekt Red actively concealed the state of the game on consoles until launch. The high preorder numbers were also due to the success of The Witcher 3 and people expecting a similar experience with Cyberpunk 2077.

Tl;dr: Preorder figures can't be held up as an argument that most people are enjoying the game

I think your nitpicking but ok . Even if you take console complete out of the equations ( and I have seen people saying they have played on console and are going to keep it ) .

A 7.1 average rating based on over 22k votes a good statistical sampling to make a generalization on the whole the only thing we don't know is the +/- factor.

Appreciate your reply but what I'm concerned is CDPR's deliberate misleading behaviors in the advertisement, not the game itself. I'd give it a 8 out of 10 but CDPR promised a 20. That pretty much reflects their greed since they'd rather trade their honesty for money from more sales.

So basically your complaint is you believed advertising?

Personally I looked at the minimum specs they said you needed, took past experience into account, and when I purchased a new machine this year made sure I purchased significantly above minimum spec for the game. The game runs pretty smoothly on my machine with minimal performance issues for its specs.

In your original post points 1 and 5 are your fault. You watched marketing videos and let your imagination make up content rather than taking what was said as indicative and waiting to see what you could actually do.

Point 2 & 3 are standard pre-release marketing strategies, not just in computer games. People are given samples that may not reflect the finished product and then given bits to use (that are locked down) in their articles.

Point 4 is the one thing where you probably have some foot hold outside of your opinion, but there are many conflicting reports about the console experience as well - from "OMG its the worst" through to "it works fine for me", which suggests there may be more at play here than just the console experience as well. Clearly the game's release version isn't ideal for older consoles, and MAXXVOLTAGE has the right of this - it should have been targeted to the newest consoles available at the time of release only.

I think your nitpicking but ok . Even if you take console complete out of the equations ( and I have seen people saying they have played on console and are going to keep it ) .

A 7.1 average rating based on over 22k votes a good statistical sampling to make a generalization on the whole the only thing we don't know is the +/- factor.

That 7.1 average is factoring in PC review scores that are much higher than consoles. It might be the same game, but the experience is completely different based on platform.

On Xbox One it is sitting at 4.5:

PS4 is even lower. 3.3:

To say it is a bad game on consoles isn't nitpicking. It is an accurate assessment of the state of the game, and the consensus of both critics that reviewed it on consoles and players who made the mistake of preordering it for consoles.

Go watch the Digital Foundry videos on the console versions. It's awful.

When you look just from corp. side, yes, it looks like that. Did you tried look from their side as not corp.? I mean just all this crap happening with covid-19 it's a big deal, how you would deal with that? How you would deal with things that devs are saying they can't make this or that and they need time which you already don't have? ^^
Yea, COVID specifically was not as big of a roadblock to IT-companies as people try making it out to be. We made all our deadlines this year, some teams even worked better/more efficiently from home...

CD Projekt Red isn't the only dev studio that had to deal with Covid.

There simply isn't any excuse for the state the game released in. It should have been delayed but was not because they wanted Xmas sales and probably underestimated the scale of blowback they'd received for the buggy release.
Not only xmas sales, the last current gen console xmas sales! The timing makes totaly sense...

I love how if you buy it on GOG it says DRM free, but then immediately has you download some DRM in the form of another games launcher. The lies are just that blatant. xD

It's not, one .exe has the game run from the game launcher. The one located in the bin folder does not. Galaxy is in no way required to play the game.

Their no DRM policy is real.

How? When I purchased the game all I could find was the GOG Galaxy installer, which upon installation allowed me to then install the game? How does the game update if I don't use Galaxy?

Im staying away from the forums until next big patch now.

The game is missing 70% of all content CDPR said would be in the game. Its an early access game, a alpha/beta version and people here actually defend it saying its good, then i believe you wont install coming patches because why should you.

Its like saying Conan Exiles or another early access game was finished at release ffs.

This final version does not represent the vision and expectations even cdpr devs had in mind.

Management released the game even if it were unfinished, that is fact period. Defending the state the game is in now is ludicrous. We have seriously paid for a beta version of the game and the worst part is that we may never see the true finalized version that cdpr devs were making and wanted us to have.

Management released the game even if it were unfinished, that is fact period. Defending the state the game is in now is ludicrous. We have seriously paid for a beta version of the game and the worst part is that we may never see the true finalized version that cdpr devs were making and wanted us to have.
That's the worst part of it, isn't it... they could have gone and told people: Look, we'll release the early acces/beta now - it will only be the basic framework and some early missions - if you want to support us, please do - otherwise wait for the final release... but: No. They hyped that thing up so much, and for so long, they instead opted for taking what they had, cobbling it together so it's somewhat playble from start to finish, and threw it out there, banking on their good name and games media/fans (and the more or less last minute addition of some Hollywood star power) to make it a success anyways... and it looks like it might have worked! With a beta/EA game, people expect for the game to be completed someday, but with this? Probably not. Enough people are enjoying it as is, or once the bugs are mostly fixed, and that's that... beta/EA investment, full product returns!

Last edited:
How? When I purchased the game all I could find was the GOG Galaxy installer, which upon installation allowed me to then install the game? How does the game update if I don't use Galaxy?
Galaxy is their centralized platform. It is required to update the game. Once it's done, go ahead and close Galaxy and run the game from the .exe located in the bin folder which is itself located in the game's folder.

Im staying away from the forums until next big patch now.

The game is missing 70% of all content CDPR said would be in the game. Its an early access game, a alpha/beta version and people here actually defend it saying its good, then i believe you wont install coming patches because why should you.

Its like saying Conan Exiles or another early access game was finished at release ffs.

This final version does not represent the vision and expectations even cdpr devs had in mind.

The problem lies on both sides of the fence. Those saying the game is fine as is are wrong, there are many issues. Those saying the game is an unplayable mess are just as wrong. That's the real problem today, there is no nuances, it's all extremes. A bit like you just did, calling CP an alpha? Not even close. A beta is getting closer and saying it could be branded early release... now that's much more on point.

But again, no one deals in moderation anymore and that's just wrong.

I mean, you just said if you defend the game you shouldn't install patches? What kind of reasoning is that? Of course install patches. Even you think the game is great in it's current state, of course download patches, anything that makes it better is worth downloading. That's just common sense.

On the other side you have people saying the game is great, CDPR did nothing wrong and it's consumers who misunderstood. Which is just plain wrong. CDPR promised the moon and gave you a 2 meter squared island. Going around telling people they are wrong for even believing 10% of what CDPR advertised is just as wrong as acting like CDPR killed your dog.

Both sides need to see that the game is seriously flawed but it is also not the unplayable mess some claim it to be. People need to stop hunkering down and getting entrenched in their position and realize there a lot of good stuff in the game and a lot of bad stuff.

If people could be honest instead of sitting at one of those extremes, we could actually get some real conversations in very focused threads that CDPR can actually consult and take decent feedback from. There is much more to gain from actually standing together.

Note that I say this as a PC player and fully understand where current gen consoles players are coming from.

Now I'm done ranting and I realize I wrote all this for absolutely nothing because the point will be lost on most but I don't feel like erasing all of it.

They showed the cutscenes for the eyes and hand upgrade, and essentially it implied that you’d get to get a cool cutscene and what not with every upgrade.

Honestly most of my gripes are in the “missing features/cut content” gripes.

They advertised the game as being heavily centric on V and Jackie’s journey, it seemed, with Johnny being tied to the story somehow.

They said you’d be making choices that would affect the game world—but that could just be legal argued away as “well, during the story what V does changes the world”, and not meant as a “you can make choices that change the world depending on those choices”.

It’s misleading, what CDPR did and I’d argue its false advertising.

Well said.

I still think johnnys content was intended as a side story just something about the whole thing feels of.
Like it was intended as a expansion im not saying i didnt like it but didnt seem like it was ment as the main story.

I still think johnnys content was intended as a side story just something about the whole thing feels of.
Like it was intended as a expansion im not saying i didnt like it but didnt seem like it was ment as the main story.
I don't know if you realize there is one computer pad on Arasaka's flying car. I guess there was a possible path that you escape with the vehicle if you have enough intelligence attribute then avoid the death of Jackie and the plug of Johnny's shard into your head. Then they ran out of time to work on so many different possibilities of the main story so they just cut everything and left only one story line. However the control pad for the air car is not completely removed from the game. What a huge mess:shrug:

Lol, "the dangers of hype" from youtubers who milked the hell out of the "hype" they helped creating, and they're now bashing to milk it even more.

Open your eyes, grow up, there was never such a game you were all expecting.

I guess nowadays being the unexpected underdog in game developement is far better. Every major company releasing a major title ends up being bashed.

Lol, "the dangers of hype" from youtubers who milked the hell out of the "hype" they're now bashing to milk it even more.

Open your eyes, grow up, there was never such a game you were all expecting.

Expecting a game to be functional is not an unrealistic expectation.

It was not shipped in a state that was functional on consoles, and console sales accounted for around 40% of the total.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom