Hotfix 1.06

+
If removing the 8 MB save file limit was as simple as a snap of the proverbial fingers, then why was it there to begin with? What purpose did it serve?

If removing the 8 MB save file limit was as simple as a snap of the proverbial fingers, then why was it there to begin with? What purpose did it serve?

It was most likely just an oversight, not an intended limit.
Post automatically merged:

Go home to your families people, we nerds can manage till next year.

im on a i5-7600, 16gb ram, gtx 1060, game has never crashed on me. what i meant is that might be your hardware? other than that well its odd
Never had a crash on pc either. 50 hours in.

Kudos to devs for fixing critical problem during holidays.
Now I won't need to watch my save file size and I will be able to enjoy this game again... despite the crashes.
Crashes? Have had no crashes in my 50 hours on pc.

hotfix 1.06 and Judy's van continues to be under the ground and the mission cant be done (Disasterpiece mission).
I do more report without response...I wish CDPROJECT fix the mission.
Im angry e i want back my money
Stop complaining and do another mission.

e:\r6.patch0hotfix2\dev\src\common\gpuapi\src\dx12\gpuapidx12error.cpp

1.04 to 1.06.. always crash if on DLSS ... what is CDPR doing? Its not getting better for us. Before anyone tells me my drivers are not up to date, i already did before since on 1.04 with latest 20H2 windows 10 build, latest gpu driver and other drivers from my devices and hardware as well.

This is getting BS!
Your drivers are not up to date, no crashes here in 50 hours playtime

Last edited:
Thank you guys from CDPR for patching game that frequently.

I hope than 1.07 will have a fix for Mr Hands quest issue. I have completed almost every in-game activity so far ( except for fistfights which I dislike ) and I am stuck on M'ap Tann Pelen quest - 107h spent in Night City on hard mode so far and can't play any further as this main storyline quest is bugged.

Started new play with a different life path in wait for the fix to the above issue.

Merry Christmas to everyone and let's hope 2021 will be better than 2020
Did this quest, didn't have a bug. If you do check out how to fix mission if bugged search "Answer call from Mr Hands►"BUG"►Main Quest►How to FIX" on youtube.

Last edited:

Hotfix 1.06 is available on PC and consoles! Here is the full list of changes:

Quests
  • Dum Dum will no longer go missing from Totentanz entrance during Second Conflict.
Console-specific
  • Improved memory management and stability, resulting in fewer crashes.
PC-specific
  • Removed the 8 MB save file size limit. Note: this won’t fix save files corrupted before the update.
This patch is causing nothing but crashes.
I'm playing on a base PS4. Everytime I try to look at my inventory, crash within 2 minutes. Weapons and clothes are not shown on the inventory screen. The boxes are empty. If I change a weapon I can't use any of them, crash within 1 minute.
Skill tree boxes are empty too.
All of my missions have an "!" in the box as if they are all active.
The map works sometimes but the directions are wrong if I select a location.
Can't save, load, or go back to the main menu once I've loaded into a game either. Also causes a crash.
I had far less issues before this last patch.
Keep up the good work

Never had a crash on pc either. 50 hours in.

Crashes? Have had no crashes in my 50 hours on pc.

Stop complaining and do another mission.

Your drivers are not up to date, no crashes here in 50 hours playtime

What is the point of "i had zero crashes on my PC"?? What you call people who have crashes liars?

Your post doesnt help anyone with issues.

You dont have issues? That is great! Go and enjoy the game, in fact since your game is trouble free you have no reason to be here. This is a thread for people who do have problems and you need to respect that.

Patches werden ausgeführt...seit fast 2 Stunden...ich habe das automatische updaten gerade ausgestellt.Ich wollte ein wenig zocken,und sitze dann stundenlang davor,weil ein 500 MB update Stunden braucht....Schwachsinn....da es meine Spielefestplatte ist geht auch nichts anderes mehr,denn die Platte ist so ausgelastet , das z.B.Steam garnicht mehr startet.Das nun auf die HDD zu schieben ist Schwachsinn,denn andere Spiele machen auch nicht solche Probleme...ist doch Scheisse !!!

Last edited:
Improvements and bugs related to traffic that need to be addressed in some future patches:

-Car takes too much damage when knocks off a pedestrian, after hitting 10-20 people car blows up.
-Car does too little damage to pedestrians, usually they survive (sometimes even after few hits).
-When you drive a car and knock off pedestrians, sometimes they stick to a car and a car starts to roll over for some reason.
-Pedestrians need to react somehow to your car, when they are on your line of movement.
-Other cars need to react at least somehow, when you hit their car with yours.
-Cars need to stop movement and signal beep or drive around V, when V stays on the road instead of knockin' him off.
-Cars need to follow traffic rules (at least some basic). Many people (including me) like to ride by the rules, it gives massive immersion.

Thanks for updates. For now i just wish you to let the work wait to January and just to enjoy holidays! Merry Christmas! :)

Did the 8 MB save file issue effect consoles? Or was it a PC only bug? I see it was fixed just for PC. I'm just curious if the bug still exists for consoles or if it was never a bug there to begin with.

I'm still having a bug were it won't continue after you beat the game I'm on xbox

Patch 1.06 made the the game unplayable for me on PC.

I never had any major problems since day one, but the latest patch lead to following problem:

In dialogues I can either:

1. Not choose an answer by pressing up or down, i have to choose the first one, no matter what

Or

2. I cant confirm the chosen answer option. I am hitting the F button (tried gamepad as well) like crazy but it doesnt confirm the highlighted answer so i am stuck in that conversation and have to reload the game

Both problems accure in more or less 50% of conversation by random. If i save before the conversation and reload after the problem there is a 50% chance that it is solved. It doesnt seem to be connected to any mission it can happen in ANY conversation

I think it was an overlook, probably optimization for quicker saving an making smaller storage for savegames on their cloud sync service. Makes sense from first look, but only from first look and required testing.

Top Bottom