These disappearing cars and the game's overall draw distance and pop-in is killing my vibe. [PC VERSION]

+
Sounds to me like your computers just crap at streaming. I dont have to prove anything to you I know what changes it made and how far out the spawn distance of world assets has been pushed from the original.

You just seem to want to complain. I mean what do you want, the entire world all loaded in one go without any streaming?

Theres a reason that game from 7 years ago had a big draw distance. The world was low res, the models were low res, the textures were low res and the object density was extremely low in comparison. It takes a fraction of the time to load such simple data structures from a disk in that old game compared to CP2077.

There are several methods of adjusting how the world is streamed in this game, Ive been playing with them for a long time now and it depends whats important to you and what you want loaded quick. I originally came into this thread to try and help you out but your attitude has put me off. bye
You're wrong. 2080 Ti and i7 8700k. I have everything on ultra in 4K except RTX is off. Like I told you, I tried your settings and did not notice a difference at all. Tried your settings + the draw distance exit and THEN is when I got the world not loading in right when fast travelling. Calm down. Again, CDPR needs to properly optimize the game for PC. Hell even the update 1.06 downgraded the PC version, as I've noticed certain ini settings that were turned down for the console versions carried over into the PC update too. For example, rendering.ini was set at 40, and after the 1.06 patch, it's now at 30 and after testing it, now even more pop-in issues.

Templar your screenshot with the NPCs doesn't look any higher quality than normal settings though.
Do those .ini edits actually increase the car distance? Because that's what I really care about.

Templar your screenshot with the NPCs doesn't look any higher quality than normal settings though.
Do those .ini edits actually increase the car distance? Because that's what I really care about.

Not higher quality crowds, or really higher density. Just the intended density of crowds/traffic regardless of the games current performance or your movement speed. Depending on your FPS, density will decrease, and depending on how fast your moving again density will decrease. There is also a slight decrease in density directly in the players zone (I assume to make navigating easier) and I removed that oo.

I also got rid of vehicle and NPC background teleporting (which makes them disappear when you turn around) so it has to generate new vehicles/NPCs instead of just moving the existing ones

crowd2.png

vehicles.jpg

Unfortunately there is no separate controls for traffic spawn distance that can go beyond the streaming distance.

Not higher quality crowds, or really higher density. Just the intended density of crowds/traffic regardless of the games current performance or your movement speed. Depending on your FPS, density will decrease, and depending on how fast your moving again density will decrease. There is also a slight decrease in density directly in the players zone (I assume to make navigating easier) and I removed that oo.

I also got rid of vehicle and NPC background teleporting (which makes them disappear when you turn around) so it has to generate new vehicles/NPCs instead of just moving the existing ones
Unfortunately there is no separate controls for traffic spawn distance that can go beyond the streaming distance.

This is my unmodified game in the same spot. I don't see any difference with the crowds??

Attachments

• crowd comparison.png
    crowd comparison.png
    4.2 MB · Views: 89
This CAN be changed in the .ini file via "Draw Distance Boost" mod, or do the following manually:

Create a text file called DrawDistanceBoost.ini (any name works) under "Cyberpunk 2077\engine\config\platform\pc"
Then add the following:

[Streaming]
DistanceBoost = 42.000000

The default value for the vanilla game is 0
Can be decreased or increased as desired, high values such as 50~ and above start to create flickering (this may be fixable if other settings get tweaked).

With a high draw distance though, be prepared for an fps hit. I'd suggest testing a lot to find your sweet spot between performance and visuals.

That does nit help with everything though, especially light sources
Post automatically merged:

SSD? Ancient overly filled 5200 RPM HDD? There is more to PC than CPU and GPU, what PCIE lanes do you have? Ram speed?

Just trying to let you know there is a lot of variables in a PC build.

Having it installed on an NVMe-SSD, with DDR4-RAM on a i7 7700k and a RTX 3090 I can feel his pain... In my opinion it even got worse with patch 1.1

We need the car despawn to stop. But how? When you drive on the highway look back and the shit disappears constantly from pretty close range

Top Bottom