Gta vs cyberpunk

+
found this video in another thread posted by another user. But my god, it's like nailing every nail with a hammer.
I'm trying to grasp how this could have happened, but honestly story driven or not- a 2004 game is showcasing what true immersion looks like. and keep in mind, we all already agree that cyberpunk has a better story and lore. We get that.

With all that is missing, do you think this game can be fixed?

As it is now , especially with the story, I don't see CDPR ever making CP2077 what it was advertised as. Makes me wonder how Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines 2 will turn out... At least they pulled a release date completely.

Guest 4211861

CDPR lied about game features and got paid for it. They will lie again, but I'm not buying it anymore.

Waiting to see if they fix this mess... although getting less interested by the day. What a shame, what a lost opportunity to make something great.

GTA4 also beats cyberpunk:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, then make it and post here. You know, you need to back up your words about hundreds of features.

Things done better in Cyberpunk than GTA:
1) gunning --> weapon design is unique and fanstatic both in design, styles and variety in functionality (power, tech and smart weapons all behave differently)
2) melee --> lots of options in Cyberpunk, Katana, punches, Gorillas arms, manthis blades, mono-wire, blunt weapons. They all have different mechanis, they are not just for decoration
3) weapon modification --> non-existent in GTA
4) looting --> almost non existent in GTA, very rich in CP
5) character leveling --> almost non existent in GTA, very rich in CP
6) narrative --> actually not bad in GTA and I believe very underrated (Trevor fan here), but CP is on another level of quality
7) art styles --> vehicle, clothing, builings is just original and refreshing
8) music --> I mean just listen this. It's ever better than Doom Eternal, which was already phenomenal
9) quest design --> GTA is far too linear, if you deviate a tiny bit from what the developers had in mind, it's automatic failure

GTA on the other hand is more advanced in many other aspects (especially NPC driving, it is so realistc that Tesla tested its AI in this game before putting it into the road), but does not mean CP is shit. Why cannot we enjoy both?
Post automatically merged:

Obsidian made Fallout New Vegas in 18 months. Its a matter of skill.
They did not have to start from scratch, they could leverage on all technical assets made for Fallout 3. Also Ubisoft release an Assassin Creed game each year, but they reuse most of the technical assets.

Obsidian made Fallout New Vegas in 18 months. Its a matter of skill.
They did not have to start from scratch, they could leverage on all technical assets made for Fallout 3. Also Ubisoft release an Assassin Creed game each year, but they reuse most of the technical assets.

Ok. Hello Games was a team of like 12 people who made No Mans Sky. Today they're still under 25. There's no excuse for how amateur CP2077 is on countless levels.

Does anyone even watches these lol
Why would you compare GTA 5 and Cyberpunk, so pointless

Just play the game and see if it's for you or not

Ok. Hello Games was a team of like 12 people who made No Mans Sky. Today they're still under 25. There's no excuse for how amateur CP2077 is on countless levels.
What's your points? What a team of 12 could make something like Cyberpunk? Or even better?

Guest 3573786

Cdpr are a smalldev compared to rockstar who are the literal masters of the genre. We expected too much
We didnt expect anything they couldnt have easily delivered with better management, or more importantly, that they havent already delivered in the past. Simple example: water. Just compare W3's water to that of C2077.

My point is a person with genuine talent is worth more than 20 people with little to no talent. There are parts of CP2077 that are amazing, the build of Night City and the art/game assets. Most of the rest of it is average to terrible.

And when it comes to large teams, leadership is huge. I am sorry but it isn't hard to make a great looking game. It is hard to make it work. The gameplay design process is tedious and requires endless revisions and that many more tweaks. Programming... ugh... I was never good at it. I understand it and I feel their pain. But all that talent and even lack there of has to made into a focused goal oriented team of maniacs. That is the biggest challenge. Few are truly great at what they do, but hopefully everyone can bring something unique to the table. Leadership has to see that and create the opportunity.

One of the reason why the leadership is being blamed is because this was clearly a failure in leadership. We know CDPR is capable of good things. This was their moment to really break that barrier of being a one trick pony. I played every Witcher game. Yes, The Witcher ( 1 ) I bought on release. It was so buggy and had such bad performance I couldn't even fight the demon dog boss in the first area, but CDPR kept plugging away at it. They were so grateful to those that bought the first game they literally gave me the entire collection for free when I registered it on GoG. 1 - 3 just handed to me. I actually never planned on playing one of their games. Then I played the sequals...

I am not a CDPR fanboy. I root for these guys because I know where they are coming from. It is just shocking to see them fall on their faces like this. Hopefully this will be lesson to them. A reminder that failure is always at your heels no matter how much success you may have had. They were a B-rated house that could adapt good stories to the video game format. Maybe they still are.

A long time ago in my fledgling management type days I was told by a wise old person: "You are here to make sure your people have the tools and resources they need to be successful as a team and as individuals. They have to want it, but the rest is on you."

8 years for this...? No, bad leadership led to haphazard last minute "solutions" and a half baked game.

And when it comes to large teams, leadership is huge. I am sorry but it isn't hard to make a great looking game. It is hard to make it work. The gameplay design process is tedious and requires endless revisions and that many more tweaks. Programming... ugh... I was never good at it. I understand it and I feel their pain. But all that talent and even lack there of has to made into a focused goal oriented team of maniacs. That is the biggest challenge. Few are truly great at what they do, but hopefully everyone can bring something unique to the table. Leadership has to see that and create the opportunity.

One of the reason why the leadership is being blamed is because this was clearly a failure in leadership. We know CDPR is capable of good things. This was their moment to really break that barrier of being a one trick pony. I played every Witcher game. Yes, The Witcher ( 1 ) I bought on release. It was so buggy and had such bad performance I couldn't even fight the demon dog boss in the first area, but CDPR kept plugging away at it. They were so grateful to those that bought the first game they literally gave me the entire collection for free when I registered it on GoG. 1 - 3 just handed to me. I actually never planned on playing one of their games. Then I played the sequals...

I am not a CDPR fanboy. I root for these guys because I know where they are coming from. It is just shocking to see them fall on their faces like this. Hopefully this will be lesson to them. A reminder that failure is always at your heels no matter how much success you may have had. They were a B-rated house that could adapt good stories to the video game format. Maybe they still are.

A long time ago in my fledgling management type days I was told by a wise old person: "You are here to make sure your people have the tools and resources they need to be successful as a team and as individuals. They have to want it, but the rest is on you."

8 years for this...? No, bad leadership led to haphazard last minute "solutions" and a half baked game.
There apparently were also a lot of Mass Effect Andromeda developers who worked on CP2077. I think many of the developers were way out of their league.

There apparently were also a lot of Mass Effect Andromeda developers who worked on CP2077. I think many of the developers were way out of their league.
I didn't know that... I didn't play ME:A. I was tired of ME by that time.
Damn, that explains a lot. Certainly the shallowness of CP2077.

They sold most of them pre-orders on the basis of a open world where you can be a criminal netrunner working yourself up to running the city and designing the character of your dreams in a living breathing city with a day night cycle with dynamic npcs. A place where you can do activities around the city. Like all the stuff you see in that video with Jackie which fast forwarded 6 months. Commit crimes, go to clubs, buy apartments etc... All cut.

What we got was a linear story with countless features butchered so badly you can see the placeholder assets everywhere which is inexcusable, you even see these missing assets in the main story. A game that is technically still alpha as most of what they said would be in the game in videos from this year isn't there. You can't even change your hairstyle and character customization is limited. Placeholder Assets everywhere,the subway, doors you can't open, places where you can fall through the map, loot that should do things but was changed to Junk, NPC's that had dialog options cut or changed, Shops which are all the same. You can't even rob places. Police Spawning right behind you like a game made in 2000 and giving up after you walk 20 steps round a corner. NPC AI is terrible. Clearly unfinished and a place holder for future development that will likely never happen beyond band aiding it to be basic at best.

If any other developer made this mass it would rightly be slated even by its most ardent of fans but people still believe this can be fixed because its CDPR the chosen one.

The fact is we won't EVER see most of the features they said would be in the game as it would take them 2 years to develop them and right now they have zero incentive to do it. Whoever has gained control of CDPR since Witcher 3 has destroyed CDPR reputation and forced them to release a game that needed at least another year in development to meet half the promises they made in videos from this year.

Last edited:
Top Bottom