Should CDPR return to be a PC-only company

+
Considering they are far better at programming with PC than with console (they recently admitted they developed Cyberpunk first for PC and ported later to console, with bad results), should't be better they just focus on PC only first? Myabe to conversion later on console like they did with Witcher 2. Sort of what Rockstar does but on reverse. I believe that if they concentrate mainly on one platform they could concentrate all their resources to deliver a better product

I think it's less a question of should they, I'm pretty sure all the long-time fans who played their games before any conversions even happened would appreciate if they started working for PC mainly and made the conversions later on, but it's never gonna happen.
PC money is nice, but no company will not try to get their piece of that sweet, sweet console money.
I mean, they are going to make mobile games, that says it all.

Whatever...

No matter the platforms ... CD has conditions to make games for all, if you want. But it matters why making games, it does.

Mere form does not determine anything. What determines is the essence: what you want.

PC only seems extreme.

But I think there's a good argument to be made that if a game is ready on PC, then it should be released. No reason to make PC players wait.

Nope, they have the talent and competence to build games for console systems as is evidenced by TW2 and TW3. Their problem lies with the management and how horrible they are at handling these huge projects. They overpromise, change and meddle with the vision of a game's concept and push their employees to work hard on features that only get dumbed down or removed completely.

The game isn't exactly flawless on PC, without the console ports it'd still likely be in a similar state, buggy, content stripped on the backs of overworked employees.

Last edited:
Doesn't matter in the long run at the rate that CDPR management is going. The only difference between a mismanaged PC only game and a mismanaged console game, is the name on the platform, nothing else. Doing old gen and next gen consoles certainly didn't help them, but piss poor management and management decisions based on the bottom line and not on their customers screwed up 2077, doesn't matter how many platforms they launched it on, it still would have been a hot mess.

Pc only? No.
PC FIRST? Yes.

Why are console exclusive companies allowed to take a year before giving us a pc version but pc companies want to launch it all on every platform at the same time?

Make the game perfect on PC first, then port it over. if Take two is allowed to do it with Grand theft auto and red dead redemption, then CDPr is allowed to do it with their titles.

PC only has issue.
It's hardly to guess, how many potential customers meet the requirement. Console version is very solid and is one of the big market shares, which is very profitable and would help to continue the progress of the product.
They wanted Last-Gen to give a free upgrade for Next-Gen, if they purchase, that seemed very risky move.

BOD says why are we leaving money on the table? It's primarily a business after all. They can't walk away from consoles.

Interesting question, CDPR's problem is not to focus on PC or console, but the low technical ability, on steam you can still see a large number of low-end PC users complain, CDPR if only count on high-end PC users that he went out of business, even many PC users are not as functional as PS5/XSX. so a focus on the PC market is simply not possible

As a cosole player.. yes. I've spent the last 6 years wondering why I bought an Xbox One and 97% of my usage of the console has been for computer related tasks like youtube, streaming apps(which I also have on my TV), web browser & CD player & bluray/DVD player.. It's taken the place of a computer for me as I don't do smart handheld devices either... being able to blast music for the neighbors while day trading from the TV in my living room after following along with a yoga video was an enjoyable time. But as it closes out and looking at the current console landscape, it makes zero sense to buy another console as I don't think it has ever been more apparent at how much better PC gaming is over consoles... especially from an Xbox perspective, when they are pushing the very limited and only semi decent at best exclusive titles for PC... There's a lot more I can do with a PC compared to a console, even if I only play 2 or 3 games a year, I'm still in a better position value wise than spending $500 on a glorified $200 computer with low end game abilities..... also nearly every game I've purchased on X1 is a remake or remaster of a game I still own for whatever console it orginally came on..

Then seeing the difference in Cyberpunk from console to PC... playing on a base xbox one, loving the game, finding it very beautiful and then seeing just how much better it could look and be if I just doubled my investment on something that could actually help return on that investment because of the freedom and capabilities beyond gaming... IDK...

I was going to buy a new computer anyway for college courses, what would be the point in shelling out console money when I could just dump it into the computer?

Why make a watered down product for a watered down product?

Yes they should and also Personally I think dev companies need to stop putting " Minimum requirements" on games and instead put a disclaimer .

This is what you need to have the best chance of smooth game play we cannot guarantee performance on every possible hardware software combination"

Top Bottom