The more I play the less I love.

+
I agree

the city looks good on a superficial look, it's shallow

30 hours, I completed all side quests, some gigs, the main story, I think I got the worst ending
I'll complete it again and try to complete everything after some more updates.
A different lifepath, build etc
I love the setting, environment, cyberpunk future, smartguns
dialog options, characters

Too many bugs, T posing npc's, enemies not reacting, enemies spawning inside each other, textures not loading, floating vehicles
bad performance
npc's pulling bottles or food out of their asses

falling through map

Johny Silverhand should have been a dlc or expansion, he breaks immersion of main story and sidequests
very unpopular opinion I know, but I think the game could have been better on it's own and it needed more time, the red devs know it.

Johny Silverhand should have been a dlc or expansion, he breaks immersion of main story and sidequests
very unpopular opinion I know, but I think the game could have been better on it's own and it needed more time, the red devs know it.
Johnny Silverhand ruins this game hard. A lot of people came into this game expecting it was going to be about V, heck the trailers implied this was about V building a legacy for their self. But the reality is V is just some lame sidekick to this badass named Johnny Silverhand. The world revolves around him and the other characters and V is just taken along for the ride.

My two biggest gripes with the game are a lack of meaningful quests and role playing elements.

Side gigs are fun in short bursts, but they are no substitute for proper quests. The devs also skimped hard on the role playing elements. I've seen tons of people point out missing role playing content. Life paths mean nothing, no faction system, dialogue choices don't have much impact, etc...

Lastly, the main quest line was criminally short.

But despite all this, I still think the game is pretty good. The foundation is there, the devs just need to add more content.
Post automatically merged:

Johnny Silverhand ruins this game hard. A lot of people came into this game expecting it was going to be about V, heck the trailers implied this was about V building a legacy for their self. But the reality is V is just some lame sidekick to this badass named Johnny Silverhand. The world revolves around him and the other characters and V is just taken along for the ride.
I wouldn't go that far.

Remember Johnny Silverhand died over 50 years ago. A lot of people have forgotten about him. He only has a few friends left in Night City. And V is the only person Silverhand can interact with. All the other major characters in the game talk with V. Also, keep in mind that V is still in control over his/her own fate. Johnny Silverhand can give his input, but the player can choose to completely ignore him.

So while it may seem the whole game revolves around Johnny, he's really nothing more than a co-inhabitant of your body (with no real power) who commentates on the events happening in the story.

Last edited:
Well the game isn't just about johnny, thing is that the whole game is just a continuation of 2020's story between Alt, arasaka and Johnny, pretty much the most notable characters back in 2020, that's why almost all of them make yet another appeareance in 2077, did miss Spider Murphy and Morgan B., but 2077's story is clearly about night city and closing off what started back in 2020 with soulkiller and arasaka, now with that out of the way the game can go into more interesting stuff like the AIs like the merged delamain, the blackwall, Alt and other digitalized consciences, the inner workings of Night City's politics and more stuff that 2077 just touches upon a bit.

I was planning to finish all side quests + clear those police markers on the map, but it got really boring so I went back to the main story. I don't know if I'll be able to finish all of those because there are waaaay too many on the map.

I would like the achiev for clearing those police markers though. I do think I'm OP, I'm basically head shotting everyone and doing 30k+ of critical damage.
I'm having fun but the side missions can get pretty repetitive, also there's no point in those police missions aside from getting loot and leveling up. They're all the same. They're like those loot markers in the sea in Skellige *shudders*

I mean 3 playthroughs in the course of 14 or so days... I'm not surprised you like it less after playing it repeatedly so soon since launch. Any game would have me feeling the same. Not to say many of the complaints raised in this thread ring true, hell I myself have been voicing similar concerns since launch. But I think playing that much over such a short period of time is almost always going to result in a similar outcome no matter how packed or not packed with content a game is.

That's just my perspective.

he literally drives the whole narrative?
V drives the narrative. V makes his/her own decisions. Silverhand "can" be influential if you let him. But as I said, Johnny has no real power. He's just an interesting character that accompanies you on your journey.

The story doesn't unfold based on what Johnny does. The story unfolds based on what V does.

The more I read comments, the more obvious a common thread becomes - players do not want to read. Spending the time to read all shards and messages gave me so much insight into the evolution of Night City and the general history of the world it resides in - the places, the people, their desires and fears, motivations for starting a war with the press of a button or the lack of any will to keep living in a brutal world where the line between real and virtual is imperceptible.

I cannot put a hand to my heart and swear that what most people coming to this thread to complain about is not there. It is. Missions become repetitive. Storylines end abruptly with little to no resolution. But the journey, what you can hear NPCs talking about along the way and see written on their computers, is so rich and satisfying. And that comes from a man who hasn't touched a book in almost two decades.

What I'm trying to say is: Stop and smell the f***in' roses! You will be occupied until the next patch, until the next DLC, expansion etc. And you will (hopefully) understand where so much time and passion was poured during the last couple of years.

When i've heard for the first time about Keanu joining CP2077 as a Johnny i was in heaven - but now when i'am playing the game... not so much.
Very annoying character, way too many odd conversations plus it's supposed to be RPG game when i'am writing my own story - well at the moment it's not my story ! Everything is pre-made, I do not have any real choices, I cannot shape the world around me plus this story is about Johnny - not about me, V.
V ? Probably means Vehicle... for Silverhand.

I have to cut CDPR (the dev studio, not the company as a whole) a li'l slack, cuz they were really kind of between a rock and a hard place, wedged between a segment of the pre-release player base begging for it's release, plus everytime they did delay release, they got blasted for it by angry, over-eager fans all over social media, while on the other side they have their stock holders to whom they ultimately answer to, demanding a pre-2020 holiday season release so that they could reap in those phat, phat holiday spending cashmonies.

I'd bet dollars to eddies that the studio itself, those who've poured their hearts into the game, wanted top puch release into 1st quater 2021, but the board said HELL NAW! And they did indeed make bank. Even with the refunds, their sitting pretty and as they fix bugs and improve QoL, etc, and a decent segment of those who asked for refunds start reading how good the game is in a few months, will be buying it back.

I'm still digging it, though I do have my gripes, and only time and updates will tell how long I dig it.

This. Exactly.

Your perspective is wrong, if he genuinily liked the game he would not be saying what he is saying, you are reaching really hard to blame the fact that he has played it multiple times rather than the more he played it it recognized more and more the flaws of the game, the broken promises etc. For example the lack of consequences in the game desicions would be even more apperent the more you play it, the illusion of choice, the really unbalanced difficulty would also be more obvious, the things they cut out would also be mor obvious etc.
Post automatically merged:

Guys! it's fine!, just read the damn shards!

Are you for real? from blaming the player for expecting too much, then for playing too much and now blaming them for not reading the shards...

Stop the apologism.

No, reach here brother. Why would I need to reach? That's just my opinion on it. Shit, I think the game was released too early and with many many problems, like I said in my original post a lot of the problems mentioned are true. But I also think playing the game 3 times in 14 days is also gonna add negative feelings that aren't perhaps... 100% fair.

Admittedly I've only done one playthrough on Normal (which was just to acquaint myself with the game). But I finished after 110 hrs 26 mins on Lvl 24 with 39 Street Cred...and with 8 attribute points and 20 perk points unspent.

I pretty much forgot about them and just relied on heavy application of quick hacks and a lot of bullets. Something I'd never normally do in any other 'RPG'...

When i've heard for the first time about Keanu joining CP2077 as a Johnny i was in heaven - but now when i'am playing the game... not so much.
Very annoying character, way too many odd conversations plus it's supposed to be RPG game when i'am writing my own story - well at the moment it's not my story ! Everything is pre-made, I do not have any real choices, I cannot shape the world around me plus this story is about Johnny - not about me, V.
V ? Probably means Vehicle... for Silverhand.

Totally agree.

You're not on a roller coaster ride in this game. You are the roller coaster on a predefined track to hell, and Johnny's the passenger.

Overall, it's all very dull and feels like a grind. The saving grace is that the main story is pretty short, if ultimately terminal.

Same here. The gameplay feels a bit repetitive even some gigs are plot-driven. Taking out NCPD quests are even more so. After completing the side jobs and the campaign there's really not much you can do. Also, I feel like a lot of NPCs were under utilized, like they could definitely squeeze out more from Adam Smasher, having him to be a more disastrous foe.

No, reach here brother. Why would I need to reach? That's just my opinion on it. Shit, I think the game was released too early and with many many problems, like I said in my original post a lot of the problems mentioned are true. But I also think playing the game 3 times in 14 days is also gonna add negative feelings that aren't perhaps... 100% fair.

What criticism he made is "unfair"?

Top Bottom