RedEngine 4 modding compatibility

+
Hey

I want too talk/ask about the possibility of modding on RedEngine4 will it be limited like the RedEngine3 because witcher 3 has mods but nothing crazy like new monsters or weapons or more features like "player houses" etc.. What is the chance that RedEngine4 will support modding better then RedEngine3? I think Cyberpunk 2077 is perfect for modding since its futuristic & also openworld that gives insane amount of possibilities, could easily say endless for the modding community... CDPR did write in one of their past updates that "more info on modding soon" it excites me and its kinda nerve wrecking when thinking about the limited modding capablities in witcher 3.... What do you think CDPR will announce or rather what is the chance that they will say that " We gonna support modding without any limits like the RedEngine3 had".

kind regards
VK

Hey

I want too talk/ask about the possibility of modding on RedEngine4 will it be limited like the RedEngine3 because witcher 3 has mods but nothing crazy like new monsters or weapons or more features like "player houses" etc.. What is the chance that RedEngine4 will support modding better then RedEngine3? I think Cyberpunk 2077 is perfect for modding since its futuristic & also openworld that gives insane amount of possibilities, could easily say endless for the modding community... CDPR did write in one of their past updates that "more info on modding soon" it excites me and its kinda nerve wrecking when thinking about the limited modding capablities in witcher 3.... What do you think CDPR will announce or rather what is the chance that they will say that " We gonna support modding without any limits like the RedEngine3 had".

kind regards
VK

Well! They did state something interest in the 1.05 patchnotes about modding buuut... nothing else popped up yet! I do think the game would profit A LOT from actual, in-depth modding tho!

Anyway, no official word yet - we'll just have to be patient and hope CDPR hears our prayers ;)

My theory is CDPR is locked on what they can get away with anymore with their PG-13 rating, and they're going to try their best to give modders the tools they need to make the game look more like how it was supposed to be.

Yeah, really hope they let modders work their magic. The possibilities are endless, new clothes, new weapons, new missions, cars and so on. I think this game could rival skyrim in the long term if they give modders the right tools.

Working WITH the community by giving access to modding tools, would definitely help the game's longevity.
With all the bad rep they've gathered in the span of a few weeks, things like this would be beneficial for the game.

Though I don't think we'll be seeing much of this in the coming months.
Main focus for them is getting (the consoles) stability and performance fixed.

Top Bottom