What happened to Masquerade Ball's art?

+
So I finally crafted the premium version of Ball and had a closer look at the card once more. I couldn't get rid of the feeling that something was different in the artwork. Then I saw that the wine glass of the dancing lady got removed and instead she now has a bloody hand. Is that a bug? Or did the Thirsty Dame steal it (she still has hers)? Genuinely curious about this.

Last edited:

Lexor

Forum veteran
Game has spaghetti code and CDPR brokes it "even more" with every update. It's "normal". And the change to the artwork you mentioned is not the only one done recently.

Sometimes they even do such "fixes" intentionally, to pave the way for the game on "one specific Far East market" where such things are forbidden. Yes, "every other person" would release "special version" for this market, but they do seem to not care. Another examples here are the nerfs to many artworks before game's mobile release to meet lower hardware requirements.

Sometimes they even do such "fixes" intentionally, to pave the way for the game on "one specific Far East market" where such things are forbidden. Yes, "every other person" would release "special version" for this market, but they do seem to not care.
Well there currently is a separate Chinese Version with a lot of censored Card Arts, but let's just hope that Ophelie van Moorlehem's missing Wine Glass just happened by accident ( like accidently using the Chinese Version of the Card) and that they don't intend to slowly tone down all the Card's to fit the Chinese Market and remove the need for a separate Version.

Because that would be bloody awful, here are some of the worst examples of censored Chinese Card Arts.

IMG_20201225_114822.jpg

IMG_20201225_114848.jpg

:sad:
IMG_20201225_114920.png

Harald without his Pals!

Gotta say those two look even more disturbing than the uncensored Versions lol.
IMG_20201225_150718.jpg

IMG_20201225_150734.jpg

Last edited:

Lexor

Forum veteran
Well there currently is a separate Chinese Version with a lot of censored Card Arts, but let's just hope that Ophelie van Moorlehem's missing Vine Glass just happened by accident ( like accidently using the Chinese Version of the Card) and that they don't intend to slowly tone down all the Card's to fit the Chinese Market and remove the need for a separate Version.
I know that some "separate Chinese version" exists but recently this seems to be "too much work" for CDPR to maintain two versions of the game and it looks like they want to blend them both together.

I know that some "separate Chinese version" exists but recently this seems to be "too much work" for CDPR to maintain two versions of the game and it looks like they want to blend them both together.
False. WotW has fully separate card arts for both regions. The team actually creates separate artworks (or to be precise, censored artworks) for the Chinese market.
Where do you get all this fake intel mate?

We have no censorship because of the Chinese client, it is completely separate.
Some changes of the cards were due to the performance of mobile devices, for this they remove animation layers and thus the load of the game is reduced. Unfortunately they don't keep the PC version separate from the mobile version.
I suppose that the cup would be an animation layer in itself and it was removed for that reason, there is no reason to censor it since we have cards that are alcoholic beverages themselves and are still there. :beer:

Or is it just a bug and they didn't even notice.

Top Bottom