Lawsuit is happening sad days ahead

+
Live and learn. It's not a bad game. It under-promised some features and fell flat in others. But it nailed it's core strength and focus. That being the stories and the characters. I'm sure people won't get that main and side quest quality from any other company right now if cdpr chooses to just give in.

Looking at the alternative game closest right now, Watchdogs Legion, nearly every reviewer mentions the horrific repetitiveness of the supposedly unique characters you find..

However, they do actually get to keep their spiderbot.. ..I'd be fine with things like that and oh, things like a flying car, for end game content, but it should get in this game, along with those trams with the stations we found unlocked and ready to be used, and the penthouse apartment for V we found and got into, bare min for updates IMHO..

I'd find out what they want out of court if possible, but, I'd make sure to hire a lawyer that will bring up the fact, CDPR's biggest mistake with Sony was not consulting them before issuing an official statement about digital refunds.

Last edited:
Well, from the basic business law knowledge I have: Payment of damages... usually. Question is, will CDPR settle out of court or go through a legal procedure. If they settle, it's just monetary compensation for the damaged parties. If they go to court, there could be other ramifications... most interesting thing if they should loose there, though: It could create legal precedence for future, similar lawsuits, which could have quite a long-term impact on the industry.

That being said, parties usually settle out of court in such situations...

Probably not, either way... they could be ordered to fix the game, and to bring it to a certain level of quality within a set time limit, in addition to monetary compensation, if they should loose an actual trial, but I HIIIGHLY doubt it will ever come to that.

I have a feeling they'll be told to fix the game but ultimately refund/compensate investors, which might set them back just enough so that they actually can't finish the game as advertised...

Idk, just a feeling, but I'm hoping this isn't the case!

The lawsuit is a sad thing all together even if they win. The game has such an awesome story and characters that it should get it's fair share of continued development: DLC's and community modding. It got a rocky start with a lot of hotfixes and let's hope this legal issue doesn't make CDPR drop the developement and move on to the next product too soon.

Mostly will be settled out of court. Even if CDPR lose, they won't go bankrupt but it does damaged their reputation. CDPR next project will be affected, as most of their capital comes from investors. CDPR needs to work hard to restore their reputation and to bring back investor trust.

IMHO the truth is, gamer trust/opinion are not biggest priority. Because in the end they will forget after few years and jump again into hype train like always. People will never change.

I must admit it's really depressing to see this stuff happening. CDPR felt like one of very few inspiring developers. They do so many things right.

If they don't go bankrupt this time I hope they can learn a lesson from it then become the old CDPR again. Nothing sounds more than the quality of their games. Little tricks with advertisements certainly can't help them earn respect. Now those tricks would cost them some actual cash. I think it's not such a bad thing.

The lawsuit is a sad thing all together even if they win. The game has such an awesome story and characters that it should get it's fair share of continued development: DLC's and community modding. It got a rocky start with a lot of hotfixes and let's hope this legal issue doesn't make CDPR drop the developement and move on to the next product too soon.
Honestly if they just fix the bugs and not do the game justice by not adding content then just move on to the next product, I will lose every bit of respect I have for them. I hope this and the other three lawsuits doesn't interfere with the development of the game. I really like the game and I want it to reach it's full potential, the devs did an amazing job but was handled poorly by management.

Last edited:
Honestly if they just fix the bugs and not do the game justice by not adding content then just move on to the next product, I will lose every bit of respect I have for them. I hope this and the other three lawsuits doesn't interfere with the development of the game
They might not have a choice. To continue to develop a game that has a limited continued profit (no in game purchases) at the same time as investors want to be reimbursed for damages makes for a pretty bad calculation. But I still hope CDPR are stubborn enough to finish and keep developing the game at the same time as us buyers are patient and keep the game alive.

They might not have a choice. To continue to develop a game that has a limited continued profit (no in game purchases) at the same time as investors want to be reimbursed for damages makes for a pretty bad calculation. But I still hope CDPR are stubborn enough to finish and keep developing the game at the same time as us buyers are patient and keep the game alive.

I do not agree with "limited continued" profit. The main game has already sold 13 million full price copies, it has potential to sell much more if they improve it, plus paid DLCs, that will come.

Start to develop a brand new game from scratch will cost much more than capitalize to what is already there. Besides, they improved their games in the past already, look no further than Withcer 1 and Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition, which came out for free (Witcher 3 did not get one just because it was already perfect once patched out).

I do not agree with "limited continued" profit. The main game has already sold 13 million full price copies, it has potential to sell much more if they improve it, plus paid DLCs, that will come.

Start to develop a brand new game from scratch will cost much more than capitalize to what is already there. Besides, they improved their games in the past already, look no further than Withcer 1 and Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition, which came out for free (Witcher 3 did not get one just because it was already perfect once patched out).
Yea, but those games were in a far better state then CP when they came out... we'll see.

Securities fraud is more clever than the typical joke-false-advertising suits that inevitably get dismissed, but I doubt this goes anywhere.

Yea, but those games were in a far better state then CP when they came out... we'll see.

Did you play them at day 1? Correct if I'm wrong, but based on your statement I doubt it.

I experienced W1 and W2 at launch and they were a sorry mess.
I was luckly to be on the other side of the planet when Witcher 3 came out. I was orrified by reading people comments on the forums about crashhes, bugs, quests that could not be completed. When I played it 2 weeks later, I found some bugs here and there, comparable at what CP is today with 1.06, but nothing game breaking.

Hmm, these lawsuits might amount to cutting your own nose to spite your face. Did CDPR misrepresent the state of the game? It sure looks that way. Did investors lose a bunch of money because of it? Yup. But from where we are right now this game looks like it can make a hell of a comeback, if I was an investor I'd be buying CDPR stock right now, not sell it.

What they did remind me a bit movie called "Margin Call".
They knew that after release date people will find out what is going on and the stock prices will drop a lot, so they keep the info for themselves and they sell their shares before that date. If investors will have the same knowledge they will do exactly the same thing but they didn't tell them so they lose a lot of money...

I am pretty sure that this is wrong actually CDPR not spreading info about state of game would actually HELP shareholders, we need to get something straight, CDPR was overvalued everyone knows that, shareholders always want to sell stocks at their peak, which was ALWAYS going to be release date, no matter how great game would be value would still fall after release date

Top Bottom