Low FPS post 1.05 Patch

+
Good Evening to all,

Hope to get some advise on my settings, or anything else I can do.

System Specs First:
AMD 3800X (OC'd)
Asus Strix 1080ti OC'd
32GB DDR4 RAM 3200
Game installed onto a 1TB Samsung M.2 NVME drive.
Whole system is under a custom water loop.
Windows and GPU are all up to date on drivers.

I managed to get a good solid 60FPS when playing on 1440 with most settings to high. (Unofficial AMD HxD fix applied)
Ever since the 1.05 update, my FPS has dropped to 11FPS.

I've tried DDU and re-install drivers. But this had no effect.
Even dropping to "Low" settings and 1080p, I only managed to up FPS to around 15.
Tried the new Post 1.05 Unofficial AMD HxD edit, but this had no effect.
All of this is makes the game completely unplayable, and sucks as I was enjoying the game up to when 1.05 patch was release.

Note: My monitors are only 60Hz, so no need to exceed 60FPS.
When launching the game, FPS counter shoots to around 140, then back down to 60 on the main menu screen.
When selecting a file to load, it will remain at 60fps for a bit, then drop down to 11fps during the last few seconds of loading and into the game.

Any advice or recommendations to get my FPS back up to a playable level?

Well, you need to first figure out what caused the low fps, GPU or CPU. So I suggest you to install MSI afterburner, and check your CPU usage per core in game, and your GPU usage. It will also display many useful info like your Ram Vram usage and GPU/CPU clockspeed.

Well, you need to first figure out what caused the low fps, GPU or CPU. So I suggest you to install MSI afterburner, and check your CPU usage per core in game, and your GPU usage. It will also display many useful info like your Ram Vram usage and GPU/CPU clockspeed.

I use MSI Afterburner. GPU has always been up around the 100% mark. Same bother before and after 1.05 patch.
CPU usage (Only have details after 1.05patch, as never checked before) only utilizes CPU1, 3, 4, 5 and 6. All other CPU usage is low (Sub 10%).

Average CPU usage is up to around 60-70%
All CPU clocks are set to 4100 MHz

Memory usage peaked at 7600 MB
Post automatically merged:

OK, so I have solved the issue. Was never with CDPR but with NVidia instead. As they also released an updated driver around the same time as the 1.05 patch.

If you are having FPS issues, roll back your nvidia drivers to 460.79.
460.89 was the cause of my massive fps drop. From 60 down to 11.

Last edited:
Top Bottom