Performance problems with RTX 3070

+
Desktop Screenshot 2020.12.25 - 20.22.25.23.png
Screenshot (3).png

First screenshot : Resolution: 720p, settings: low , RTX: everything on (medium), DLSS: ultra performance >>> 46 FPS
Second screenshot : Resolution: 1080p, settings: ultra , RTX: On (ultra), DLSS: quality >>> 48-50 FPS

and also, DLSS doesn't make any difference in terms of performance. I play with DLSS off. FPS doesn't change, it just makes the visuals more blurry.

PC specs
CPU : Intel Core i5-9600K ( 6 threads - 3.7 GHz )
GPU: ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 3070 Twin Edge 8 GB VRAM
RAM: 16gb DDR4
game is installed on SSD

I guess it's not normal. There are many people on steam complaining about the same thing. Other games are flying on my pc. Is there any solution for boosting performance?

Last edited:
View attachment 11112971View attachment 11112974

First screenshot : Resolution: 720p, settings: low , RTX: everything on (medium), DLSS: ultra performance >>> 46 FPS
Second screenshot : Resolution: 1080p, settings: ultra , RTX: On (ultra), DLSS: quality >>> 48-50 FPS

and also, DLSS doesn't make any difference in terms of performance. I play with DLSS off. FPS doesn't change, it just makes the visuals more blurry.

PC specs
CPU : Intel Core i5-9600K ( 6 threads - 3.7 GHz )
GPU: ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 3070 Twin Edge 8 GB VRAM
RAM: 16gb DDR4
game is installed on SSD

I guess it's not normal. There are many people on steam complaining about the same thing. Other games are flying on my pc. Is there any solution for boosting performance?
It's probably a Driver issue or just the game being very badly optimised. Try disabling ray tracing see if that helps you.

Did you try to check online for benchmark of the game on online sites, to compare with your performance issue?

Those settings, sounds like your not even unleashing the beast of the 3070 card; and more or less working your CPU more at the moment. DLSS at low resolutions shouldn't really do anything as it's an "up-scaling technology"... If you were playing at 2k or 4k it would have a much more significant impact on frames. at 1k and lower (like 720) just turn DLSS off; there is nothing to "up-scale".

I need to check actual numbers of my frames; but right now the game is silky-smooth at 1080, RTX on Psycho; 10850k and GeForce 3060Ti. I can go to 2k but to get the same smoothness I'd have to drop RTX a bit; but I love the RTX visuals :)

I had an i5 9600k and it's was a serious bottleneck for the rtx 3070, got an i9 9900k and the game actually runs quite well. I have no idea why the i5 9600k would be a bottleneck but unfortunately it is.

Top Bottom