Lawsuit is happening sad days ahead

+
Looks like the lawsuit is happening hopefully cdprojektred can recover and fix the game and add new content/restore to the game.

https://www.rosenlegal.com/cases-2010.html

I think it's long past time game companies were held to account for often releasing games that are full of glitches and bugs. The platforms they're being released on should have a very high standard before allowing a game to be sold. At the very least they should bloody work properly. Some are just have a worse reputation for releasing games in such a state than others. When there's no consequences, they see it as a green light to do it again.

Fake advertising (80% of things are missing in the game), keyboard / mouse control is still unusable (I'm left-handed until F can be remapped, this game is unplayable for me), no AI, minimal communication with players / paying customers. A great disgrace to CDPR and a giant disappointment for longtime fans and supporters. Issuing a few fixes is no excuse. Even after these repairs, it is still not in the condition it should have been in when released for sale.

I don't understand the people who advocate CDPR. Personally, it bothers me that I was cheated and I will never buy anything from CDPR for the full price. I will wait for reviews, repairs and subsequent discounts. No more support from me. I know that my 300 euros for 5xCP2077 will not even be felt, but there will be more such people.

If it was possible to return the PC box version, I would do it immediately. This is how I can wish them to enjoy my money, unlike me. There are worse things in the world ...

The CD does not need lawyers, other than the ones it already has. But it is one thing to advocate about the CD, another to narrate facts. Everything that has been raised, so far, does not justify prosecutions, if not, in some countries where the law is based on money. I doubt that it will avenge actions, collective or individual, where the argument is 'they lied' (at least in serious countries and, the tendency is that all these actions are judged in the house, headquarters, of the CD).

I would lose 'hope' in justice ... at least that way. And even this is subjective, that is, what is fair for some, it is not for others and if bugs avenged on processes, better close Steam then ... or end the game industry in the world.

Well, what can I say? That might very well be the ultima ratio some day...

Very difficult. There would have to be international laws. Europe has some and only. I speak of laws to protect the electronic games consumers. This is like a giant desert. And which countries would head something like that if they have a thousand and one national, local priorities in each of their regions? Really hard.

Does anyone here actually know what CDP management told their investors? About what things they lied to them about?

Unless there has been statements made that we don't know about, the biggest offender is when they said the game ran surprisingly well on current gen consoles.

From my perspective its a good thing.

Maybe they get a big financial hit and have to dismiss half of their staff ...
Wouldnt mind that...
Cdpr grew obviously to big, to ambitious for their own good.

Better to cut down some wood and learn something for the future.
Some indie companies could rise from that too.

I really hope they can salvage this game but ... it lacks on every front.
The Story/Endings, gameplay, the world itself.
theres so much stuff wrong and they worked so long on this game.

The night city wire presentations are a complete jokes afterwards.

Im really sad and glad that something like this happens. Cyberpunk is maybe a lost cause. But obviously they needed to fall on their face.

oh yeah, because devs losing jobs is a good thing?

i hope this doesnt interfere with fixing game. And hope devs wont abandon this game.

At this point in time there is no reason to believe that it will or that they'll abandon the game.

It'll be settled out of court if even that and then it'll go away quietly and CDPR will survive

i hope this doesnt interfere with fixing game. And hope devs wont abandon this game.

Why would CDPR abandon something that is making them profits and high profits? I still don't understand why she would do that, although I think they won't change the game much ... (and they should).

Unless there has been statements made that we don't know about, the biggest offender is when they said the game ran surprisingly well on current gen consoles.

Looks like the cause is "misrepresentation in order to receive financial benefits."

I also read something about the investors feels like cdp lied to them about the state of the game but cant find the source.

To summarize from my own perspective which may be wrong.

Cdp has since january walked right over their devs, saying that the game is complete and ready for release to both press and investors and put out the first release date in april, a date not even the developers knew about before hand and got informed about it the same day as the press.

Then april closes in, and they say the game needs more polishing to their investors and press when in fact the game just as in january was not complete.

September closes in, same response. Need more polishing and bugfixing and now november is the release date. Between september and december they said game runs surprisingly well on consoles. Then it gets delayed to december with the excuse that consoles need more optimization and polishing.

I would assume the investors were lied to or deceived just as much as the fans and press. And whole of 2020 dvelopment wise, were focused on making the unfinished game as playable as possible instead of actually completing it.

I could very much be wrong, but this is just my take on this whole situation.

Hopefully CDP management can learn from this, make good with their devs and togheter work on finishing the game 2021.

And people are what?

Upset?

Surprised?

Personally, I find peoples reactions to this news more surprising then the lawsuit. For starters CDPR is not some backwater newly founded game company. IF you do the research CDPR is worth around 8.1 billion dollars -- more popular and richer than UBISOFT. So, they can handle several lawsuits at once and brush it off like lint on a shirt.

Game companies get sued all the time. Its a song and dance most know well (coughs--Bugthesda--coughs).

Really people need to chillax. The lawsuit will play out. The company will still be here.

Same shit, different game and game company.

Sony pulled the game after consultation with CDPR. Sony are offering refunds for digital copies of Cyberpunk on PS4.

AFTER CD already announced the refunds, without ANY consultation to Sony, first. Get the story right, thanks.

Looks like the cause is "misrepresentation in order to receive financial benefits."

I also read something about the investors feels like cdp lied to them about the state of the game but cant find the source.

Cdp has since january walked right over their devs, saying that the game is complete and ready for release to both press and investors and put out the first release date in april, a date not even the developers knew about before hand and got informed about it the same day as the press.

Then april closes in, and they say the game needs more polishing to their investors and press when in fact the game just as in january was not complete.

September closes in, same response. Need more polishing and bugfixing and now november is the release date. Between september and december they said game runs surprisingly well on consoles. Then it gets delayed to december with the excuse that consoles need more optimization and polishing.

I would assume the investors were lied to or deceived just as much as the fans and press. And whole of 2020 dvelopment wise, were focused on making the unfinished game as playable as possible instead of actually completing it.

Hopefully CDP management can learn from this, make good with their devs and togheter work on finishing the game 2021.

You've got the gist of it.

Delays in 2020 were almost inevitable and most investors were willing to work with that. You couldn't really sue for this, there just isn't enough to really make a legal case of criminal behavior.

Throughout the year you can clearly see the stock going up and down with the delays. That's normal.

On October 27th, they delayed the game, again, to December 10th to get it working on consoles. Naturally the stock went down again. Again, expectedly.

The problem arises a month later when Michał Kiciński said the game runs surprisingly well on consoles. Just a few days prior to releasing the game. The stock went up in a major way. Why wouldn't it? The game runs surprisingly well on the current gen, PC has supposedly been done for a while and no more delays. So they sold more stock.

Then the game comes out and that statement about the game running surprisingly well sounds hollow as hell. It just doesn't work well at all on current gen even with the day one patch and there is definitely a case to be made that the game isn't finished at all, even on PC.

When you take everything into account it definitely paints a bad picture. That picture isn't always true though and it's not until you can prove it.

The thing is, there are a number of ways these allegations can be countered and explained away. I don't expect much to come out of that lawsuit. If anything, we'll learn in a few months/years that it was settled out of court.

Last edited:
oh yeah, because devs losing jobs is a good thing?

By judging what they delivered after 7 or 8 years?

Sure thing, nothing is done properly. Just look at the outfit system, crafting system, police, AI, driving, environment, the story itself... Could go endlessly here.
Hundreds of people working years over years and did not finish a single system.

I have lost my job at one point in my life after years working without calling sick for a single day ...
Was not the end of the world for me.
But as i see it. The state of the game cannot be only the fault of the suits. There are some serious problems in this company. And a lot of people there need a kick in the butt.

Yea, but they also told people not to expect a GTA like game... but still an action adventure... not a RPG. Let's face it, they didn't tell us anything, really. Just that the game was great and had Keanu Reeves in it. :rolleyes:

Not true... Some called out the switching on twitter from roleplay to action adventure and Vattier if i recall correctly confirmed again in the forum that it was an rpg. So yes deliberately misleading over here. Also some trailers hinted a things in a very not honest way.

If that is true, they informed the investors about console version needing more polishing. I believe not even CDPR expected this reaction from the public.

Their history is basically:
1) Release Witcher 1, quite buggy but still well received
2) Release Witcher 2, quite buggy, even better received
3) Release Witcher 3, huge amount of bugs, fixed a few months later, every one calling it "game of the generation"
4) Release Cyberpunk, huge amount of bugs, everyone bashing at CDPR.
CDPR Suprised Picachu face :-o

If that is true, they informed the investors about console version needing more polishing. I believe not even CDPR expected this reaction from the public.

Their history is basically:
1) Release Witcher 1, quite buggy but still well received
2) Release Witcher 2, quite buggy, even better received
3) Release Witcher 3, huge amount of bugs, fixed a few months later, every one calling it "game of the generation"
4) Release Cyberpunk, huge amount of bugs, everyone bashing at CDPR.
CDPR Suprised Picachu face :-o

Those other games, while buggy, were in a much, much more finished state, and everyone knows it. I couldn't wander into huge fully functional areas that are locked off from gameplay and near finished in the Witcher games, any of them. I didn't have tons of promises undelivered in the Witcher games, any of them. They excelled in even more content I wasn't expecting instead.

Top Bottom