Lawsuit is happening sad days ahead

+
AFTER CD already announced the refunds, without ANY consultation to Sony, first. Get the story right, thanks.

Read again: There were two seperate sentences. I split them for you.

Sony PULLED the game AFTER consultation with CDPR. (which is true - no mention of a refund)

Sony are offering refunds for digital copies of Cyberpunk on PS4. (which is true)

Thanks.

Read again: There were two seperate sentences. I split them for you.

Sony PULLED the game AFTER consultation with CDPR. (which is true - no mention of a refund)

Sony are offering refunds for digital copies of Cyberpunk on PS4. (which is true)

Thanks.

No one has to mention squat, CDPR spoke themselves, BEFORE that meeting. About those refunds, nobody needs to talk about them further because after seeing that, they met, and that's the punishment given for not telling them first. If Sony gave a rat's ass about customers there's literally hundreds of games breaking consoles and broken they won't touch. Why? They don't care about their consumers getting refunds for shoddy work.

This
From my perspective its a good thing.

Maybe they get a big financial hit and have to dismiss half of their staff ...
Wouldnt mind that...
Cdpr grew obviously to big, to ambitious for their own good.

Better to cut down some wood and learn something for the future.
Some indie companies could rise from that too.

I really hope they can salvage this game but ... it lacks on every front.
The Story/Endings, gameplay, the world itself.
theres so much stuff wrong and they worked so long on this game.

The night city wire presentations are a complete jokes afterwards.

Im really sad and glad that something like this happens. Cyberpunk is maybe a lost cause. But obviously they needed to fall on their face.

This makes me furious. Do you really think they will dismiss the responsible persons, aka Management and Marketing? No, they will dismiss the little people, the developers and logistics etc.
And to wish someone in Poland to loose his job ... wow ... how old are you? FFS, this is just rude and plain stupid.

Go and reflect about yourself and the things you say.

Regards

No one has to mention squat, CDPR spoke themselves, BEFORE that meeting. About those refunds, nobody needs to talk about them further because after seeing that, they met, and that's the punishment given for not telling them first. If Sony gave a rat's ass about customers there's literally hundreds of games breaking consoles and broken they won't touch. Why? They don't care about their consumers getting refunds for shoddy work.

Your failed to read two sentences.

Sony are offering refunds for digital copies of Cyberpunk on PS4. (which is true).

I do not care whether you deem the work shoddy (your opinion) - my opinion is a great game.

I do not care about refunds - I do not want one.

Take your anger elsewhere as everyone is entitled to post.

Your failed to read two sentences.

Sony are offering refunds for digital copies of Cyberpunk on PS4. (which is true).

I do not care whether you deem the work shoddy (your opinion) - mine is a great game.

I do not care about refunds - I do not want one.

Take your anger elsewhere as everyone is entitled to post.

No one is emotional but you.

I don't care either way about your feelings. I'm stating the facts.

The fact is, CDPR issued a refund statement BEFORE any consultation happened. Their meeting went sour for this reason. CDPR even started reacting POSITIVE to those attacking Sony, because clearly it hurt their fee fee, too.

No one is attacking anything, or even angry, but you.

No one is emotional but you.

I don't care either way about your feelings. I'm stating the facts.

The fact is, CDPR issued a refund statement BEFORE any consultation happened. Their meeting went sour for this reason. CDPR even started reacting POSITIVE to those attacking Sony, because clearly it hurt their fee fee, too.

No one is attacking anything, or even angry, but you.

I am not angry at all. Read your own posts and ESPECIALLY read posts your are replying to then you will not FAIL to read two sentences.

This

This makes me furious. Do you really think they will dismiss the responsible persons, aka Management and Marketing? No, they will dismiss the little people, the developers and logistics etc.
And to wish someone in Poland to loose his job ... wow ... how old are you? FFS, this is just rude and plain stupid.

Go and reflect about yourself and the things you say.

Regards

The whole work gets done by the devs everyone knows that,
But just an example:

Imagine you are responsible for equipment in this game and work there for years.
The game launches.
Every player walking around like carnival drunkards. Because no transmog.
You cannot even hide your helmet at it is industry standard for like a decade.

What did this team do the whole time?
That should have been done for years ...

Some responsibility should also hit the devs themselfs i think.
I dont wish anyone to lose jobs. But they want to be paid for their work i think.

And dont worry, ive read they getting their bonuses anyway. So theyve been rewarded for their accomplishments.

The whole work gets done by the devs everyone knows that,
But just an example:

Imagine you are responsible for equipment in this game and work there for years.
The game launches.
Every player walking around like carnival drunkards. Because no transmog.
You cannot even hide your helmet at it is industry standard for like a decade.

What did this team do the whole time?
That should have been done for years ...

Some responsibility should also hit the devs themselfs i think.
I dont wish anyone to lose jobs. But they want to be paid for their work i think.

And dont worry, ive read they getting their bonuses anyway. So theyve been rewarded for their accomplishments.

I'm beginning to think, the teams changed quite a bit along the way here.

I even saw a young woman who worked here but quit in 2018, watched a video, just to hear her side..

I don't know what happened, either. I just know the writing is still top tier, so this whole situation hurts on many levels. As this company was one of the best I'd ever known. I really do want to know how this went down. I truly hope they can come through this and keep building the game, regardless.

Mostly will be settled out of court. Even if CDPR lose, they won't go bankrupt but it does damaged their reputation. CDPR next project will be affected, as most of their capital comes from investors. CDPR needs to work hard to restore their reputation and to bring back investor trust.

IMHO the truth is, gamer trust/opinion are not biggest priority. Because in the end they will forget after few years and jump again into hype train like always. People will never change.
People (gamers) will sadly not forget CDPR's Cyberpunk 2077. Trust me on that! Why? When the dust settles there is always someone that post links to the "old scandals". Look on Communist China as a good example. Concentration camps, organ harvesting, slave labor, weaponizing Covid-19 (just to name a few highlights). Most companies doing business in Communist China where quite willing to "overlook" most criminal activity (especially the lucrative slave labor part), but there is always "a drop" that makes the glass overfill, and in this case Communist China not abiding by a DEAL they made with Great Britain when taking over Hong-Kong (trust is everything in business) and the failed Covid-19 development (seriously bad for business on a global scale) have forced most Western companies active within Communist China to find alternate nations with semi-slave labor options.

I even saw a young woman who worked here but quit in 2018, watched a video, just to hear her side..

I don't know what happened, either. I just know the writing is still top tier, so this whole situation hurts on many levels. As this company was one of the best I'd ever known. I really do want to know how this went down. I truly hope they can come through this and keep building the game, regardless.

What is maddening that is the story have very powerful moments. But then they are so few.. So sparse. Not to mention horrible time skipping moments. 5% of the game is good storyline the rest is clear the bandit camp gameplay. And gigs with little no story for the most part that just feel like junk filler content.

THis world the dev created is so beautiful it screams justice. Because what was did with the game does not make this night city justice at all. I wish all the quests had the depth of the Judy Evelyne Panam or Main story arch instead we got this short story arcs that are a major minority in the game the rest is looter shooter gameplay garbage.

I wish cd project would fix the game make it beautiful like it supposed to be. I wish... But yet. We don't know nothing about theyr intention nothing other than: Hey we know we screwed up in consolose we will try to fix that.

For sure, they had confirmed massive staff turnover in all of 2017, that included most of their senior programers due to the pressure they were put under to finish Blood and Wine then immediately shifted to CP2077 which had received hardly any attention from the majority of their developers. A lot of the Witcher 3 team walked at that point. There are literally dozens of articles about how shitty the studio was to employees at that point, because they still didn't have the staff to do concurrent projects effectively and it was very, very negatively effecting employee health.

I honestly think that everything from 2018 forward was an attempt by execs to hide the issues the company was having internally, especially getting Keanu on board. I really feel like the coding after 2018 was done by a lot of early career and recently graduated dev students who had to attempt to reinvent the wheel because the few senior devs left were burnt out.

What is maddening that is the story have very powerful moments. But then they are so few.. So sparse. Not to mention horrible time skipping moments. 5% of the game is good storyline the rest is clear the bandit camp gameplay. And gigs with little no story for the most part that just feel like junk filler content.

THis world the dev created is so beautiful it screams justice. Because what was did with the game does not make this night city justice at all. I wish all the quests had the depth of the Judy Evelyne Panam or Main story arch instead we got this short story arcs that are a major minority in the game the rest is looter shooter gameplay garbage.

I wish cd project would fix the game make it beautiful like it supposed to be. I wish... But yet. We don't know nothing about theyr intention nothing other than: Hey we know we screwed up in consolose we will try to fix that.

It's in a better playable state specifically after 1.06 on PC, that save file issue really, meant anyone exploratory or creative with the mechanics available was in danger. However, if the issue has been at least currently addressed.

I cannot speak for consoles, but I would have either dropped earliest gen entirely or focused them after the holidays at least. As the feeling I'm getting is, this game wasn't being worked on by enough good senior talent, and if anything they should have been massively hiring during those few years before launch, willing to accept special contracts for excelling developers, & not frugally hire workers while focusing marketing..

The world is so beautiful to get lost in, when it's working.. The stories are so well done I have had emotional reactions leveling tears during a scene in particular. Few writers can pull that off, they just need more workers in others areas, and management to get off their backs about deadlines, for starters.. I want to say more, but I think that's plenty.

The reason I don't think they will lose much but legal fees and investors won't win this suit case, though, is the investors don't have the case laid out properly. This kind of thing goes on daily, it's not surprising in nearly any other AAA case. This company just was different. However, Sony can be countered openly in court about how little they quality assure anything on their platform. I think CDPR is being singled out because they aren't as big as some of the others who just cover this stuff up on the regular. Not to mention, unlike many of those other examples, they were, and are actively patching the game.

Nothing to sue for. Game is gonna get patches after launch and that will please everybody, that plus all the upcoming DLC content and expansions.
It is a huge ambitious project, I expect majority of bugs getting fixed in no time, then it´s just adding content, endgame content, balancing etc.

LOL the churn in this thread is hilarious.

Did anyone actually read the press release to the end?

They DON'T have a lead party. No one, despite all the anger and anxiety, has yet garnered the moral fiber to be the Lead Party in order to take the first step to this becoming a Class Action suit.

So let's see who's got both the money and the time, paraphrasing Johnny, "...we've got a software shop to burn."

Step on up!

Top Bottom