Lawsuit is happening sad days ahead

+
I dont think this will happen. Optimus(old name) in 00's already won several cases in court and survived. These guys stand down on the ground alright. Besides judiciary of Poland is even more broken than Cyberpunk on day 1. It will take dacades to take any penny of them 🤑

Guest 4375874

i'm embarrassed to be part of a community of such self-entitled brats.
I thought I was the only one thinking this. It's these ppl that are feeding these law firms angling for a case, presently there is really no case but these firms are all trying to entice investors to step up so they can make a quick buck. And these toxic fanboys with no knowledge about the situation and even less about how development works start topics such as these that feed them.

I thought I was the only one thinking this. It's these ppl that are feeding these law firms angling for a case, presently there is really no case but these firms are all trying to entice investors to step up so they can make a quick buck. And these toxic fanboys with no knowledge about the situation and even less about how development works start topics such as these that feed them.

There was a fellow that works at a law-firm, or claims too, in one of the threads about the save bug that stated he was going to be pushing this himself in the hopes that investors saw it and jumped on board. In the US the board has a decent shot at being awarded damages.

This wouldn't be an issue if certain companies would invest more into these elaborate projects and extend realistic time frames. High expectations and minimal patience create these kinds of issues. I'm sending positive ju-ju to the company in general. Would be nice to see them shiv the folks suing.

This is going to be very interesting. It was a big mistake to release a State-of-the-Art game on consoles.
At least they could build the game on the RedEngine 3 for consoles later and release the game for PC on the RedEngine 4 as it is now. This might be a stupid idea but it might worked. Don't get me wrong but The Witcher 3 on the RedEngine 3 looks so damn good on the base PS4 & Pro they could just continue to work on that engine for consoles.

Last edited:
At least they could build the game on the RedEngine 3 for consoles later and release the game for PC on the RedEngine 4 as it is now. this might be a stupid idea but it might worked. Don't get me wrong but The Witcher 3 on the RedEngine 3 looks so damn good on the base PS4 & Pro.

Downgrading the engine wouldn't have helped in this case. The issue is that the graphical fidelity is through the roof where it concerns lighting, shadows and reflections, which is precisely why those are almost always set to minimum on console games. The PS4 just doesn't have the hardware to deal with the shadows and lighting effects, and you can see this on earlier releases with similar problems, namely Fallout 4. The Boston area of Fallout 4 murders PS4 performance due to shadow quality and rendering distance because of light and shadow calculations triggered by the high-rise buildings.

take solace in the knowledge you're not alone. i'm no expert on the development process, but i realize there are many variables to consider. things are never as easy as many of these kids think that it is. but that doesn't stop them from complaining about it.

i find it ironic, although i'm sure they wouldn't see the connection, that many of these people complaining about the game not delivering on it's promises, are the same ones who complained that game was delayed. they are the same ones who complain about the strict deadlines that people working on the project were placed under. they were raised by parents who told them when something doesn't go the way that they want, they need to find someone to complain to. they complain and complain and complain.

well i got some news for these people, life is the thing that happening while you're busy complaining about it. may i suggest you use all that energy you've dedicated in the pursuit of things that ultimately don't matter, and channeling it into something meaningful? you, and the people forced to occupy the plane of existence as you, will all be better off

/rant

The site linked in the OP has the 18 page complaint which details the alleged misrepresentations. Allegations start on page 5 of the document and continue to page 8.

Yeah based off the statements in that legal brief CDPR is well and truly fucked because of the three individuals named in the suit, who are all co-defendants plus the company itself. I dunno how bad such a suit would hurt the company if anyone got on board with it, currently there is no plaintiff, so nobody has come forward to represent the class. The three individuals are the CEO, CFO and VP of business development. Based purely off of the claims that they have represented with textual evidence in that brief they have a case that those three represent the company and lied extensively to investors, in spite of foreknowledge of poor performance and optimization on console. This particular suit is only for investors, as that's the only class named in the law suit.

Downgrading the engine wouldn't have helped in this case. The issue is that the graphical fidelity is through the roof where it concerns lighting, shadows and reflections, which is precisely why those are almost always set to minimum on console games. The PS4 just doesn't have the hardware to deal with the shadows and lighting effects, and you can see this on earlier releases with similar problems, namely Fallout 4. The Boston area of Fallout 4 murders PS4 performance due to shadow quality and rendering distance because of light and shadow calculations triggered by the high-rise buildings.
But the game was not planned for PS5 and Series X, they planned it for PS4 and Xbox One.
When the game was announced both PS5 and Series did not exist and the reason why people are frustate with this game might be because when they launched the teaser 12 years back in time they said "it will be launched when it's ready" which is obviously false.

But the game was not planned for PS5 and Series X, they planned it for PS4 and Xbox One.
When the game was announced both PS5 and Series did not exist and the reason why people are frustate with this game might be because when they launched the teaser 12 years back in time they said "it will be launched when it's ready" which is obviously false.

I am in the camp that they should have abandoned concurrent development for consoles years ago and then ported to console afterword. They clearly were initially over-estimating the hardware capabilities of the current generation of consoles from the start of 2077. The primary reason for the shite performance, other than the integration of ray-tracing and the absurd number of scripts that appear to be improperly firing, is the number of shadow-casting objects that are in the same area as each other. This is directly showcased by Fallout 4 on every system, including PC, if you increase shadow Quality/Distance over low/medium settings on every single card and system out there, downtown Boston causes absurd frame-drops due to the sheer quantity of shadow casting objects and the amount of lighting geometry that needs to get calculated. 2077 was absurdly ambitious and people over-estimated the time that would take because of goodwill granted to CDPR over much, much simpler games in terms of graphics quality and complexity. This was a PR nightmare from the start, where certain individuals in CDPR and shareholders blatantly didn't consider the input they got from developers on this.

There is some argument to made here that not only do folks need to be more realistic about what they promise their company can deliver in terms of game performance and quality, but consumers need to be aware of what the limitations of their system actually are. I ignored the hype videos prior to release until after I played the game, and went back and watched them this week. It is blatantly obvious to anyone keeping up with hardware specs, hardware limitations and best development practices that they were massively over-ambitious on what they were promising and about a quarter of their promised systems were unimplementable at the current expected quality of visuals from consumers, such as 4k@60 or 1080p@60 w/ray-traced lighting. Hell, anyone that has attempted to make a mod for Skyrim, Fallout 4 or one of the graphics mods for Minecraft are well aware of many of the limitations of current coding practices in conjunction with open world games and their impacts on performance.

Even with those limitations in place, CDPR's dev team has done a fucking amazing job. Prior to patches 1.05/1.06 I couldn't run the RT Psycho setting at all and maintain stable framerates on my RTX 2080 Super. I now can, and it's likely the optimization they are doing, I still don't think its going to run as well, or as prettily on console, but it should approach playable territory pretty quickly. Even the PS5 and Xbox Series X|S aren't going to be as pretty as PC, nor are they going to run as well at above 1080p as PC, that expectation is unrealistic. The scale of the game is too large, the scenes are too complex for that, those systems are somewhere between a GTX 1080 and RTX 2080 in actual hardware performance, meaning they are now considered low to mid range PC equivalents. They run as well as they do because of software specifically designed for them, with upscaling from internal systems, AND a combination of locked in low-mid range graphics quality settings. They will not ever approach the graphics fidelity or stability of a PC at high resolutions with high graphics settings for shadows and lighting effects. Instead they will focus, as they have continued to focus, on mid range graphics settings upscaled and taking advantage of built in acceleration systems for HDR and 4k upscaling, native 4k for high end systems is performance heavy.

LOL..... these are the same firms that tried to go after Blizzard.

Good luck is all I'll say. Both of these firms will go broke a century before Blizzard would even think about giving them a single cent :ROFLMAO:

Video game companies are some of the riskiest publicly traded investments on the market. Why would CDPR be any different? And they've already publicly committed to fixing the game for the affected consoles. So why would any court even hear this case just weeks after the game's release? Before the promised remedy is either completed or not within a reasonable timeframe? By this logic, if the Dow fell far below it's last quarter projections, every investor could whine that they lied in their projections and sue. Fat effin' chance. Stocks come with an inherent risk on investment. You win some, you lose some. Cry more.

They're ridiculous and frivolous suits, attempting to claim a quick payout for butthurt shareholders who risked their money and took a loss.

They should pull a Square Enix, leave this version as is, and anouce they will just re release the game completely revamped soon. SE did that for FFXIV with less resources and staff all in less than e year and the game is a complete success that saved the company from bankruptcy. I would love to see a re release plan statement from CDPR for CP2077, at the very least theh should deliver the game shown in trailers and demos.

LOL..... these are the same firms that tried to go after Blizzard.

Good luck is all I'll say. Both of these firms will go broke a century before Blizzard would even think about giving them a single cent :ROFLMAO:

Video game companies are some of the riskiest publicly traded investments on the market. Why would CDPR be any different? And they've already publicly committed to fixing the game for the affected consoles. So why would any court even hear this case just weeks after the game's release? Before the promised remedy is either completed or not within a reasonable timeframe? By this logic, if the Dow fell far below it's last quarter projections, every investor could whine that they lied in their projections and sue. Fat effin' chance. Stocks come with an inherent risk on investment. You win some, you lose some. Cry more.

They're ridiculous and frivolous suits, attempting to claim a quick payout for butthurt shareholders who risked their money and took a loss.

This was a similar situation. Blizzard being sued by their investors and shareholders by the same law firm for misleading information. Any updates to what happened with this case against Blizzard, so we could get an idea what could happen with CDPR

Last edited:
Top Bottom