What to do after everything is completed?

+
Uhm.. please hold on for a mere second. Calm down and try to think about what you said.

Hold on... so role play is seeing neon ads in a ghost city where NPC says all the same lines and behave all the same? and none of them can keep a conversation?
I don't think anyone said this.

Role play for me is kind of you choose who you are, if you are the good guy, or the bad guy, I mean at least they said you could choose to be a police role, or a criminal one... where is that? killing the NPCs and getting the callings from the NCPD? thats the role play?
No. Simply no. You are a fucking Mercenary. A Gun for Hire. And this was the premise for this game from the get go. You are neither good nor bad in this sense. You are doing the jobs you want to do (given from the vareiety of the quests in the game).
In my opinion, what you want is some dystopian cyberpunk open-world sandbox very story heavy RPG.
And while I agree to some degree, that this is what they kind of promised (except the sandbox-"gta-style"), the basic of what you are was always there - You, V, are a mercenary! No Criminal, no Cop, no drug-dealer, no cyberwhore, no barber, nothing else.
Please don't blur your wishful thinking of an imaginary perfect world (which is in itself completely fine to have, I have it too), with what the game is, was promised to be or told to be.

Sometimes I wonder if "people" just pull arguments out of their hat just for the sake of it.

Also they said you could finish the game without shooting 1 bullet, but you have to use your weapon in the first mision...
So i did that wrong also probably... my fault, lack of imagination...

This is simply not true. OR my memory is completely leaking and devoid of any remembrance of the last years of advertisement and conent. As far as I remember! they said you could play the game completely non-lethal, without killing anyone. And this is a very different story from your statement.

So i think i understand guys, i am the wrong one then. Is not the game, its me, sorry (and i am serious) for all this posts guys, i didnt wanted to make you salty or anything.
i just will move on, seriously i am nobody to bother your game and how much you love to walk in this city, i just cant see what you see, is like we are playing different games, totally. Finally got cyber psychosis i guess, lol because i dont see how this is RPG & open world, and believe me i tried very hard, i really did.

Anyways i will not bother anymore with my posts, sorry for all guys, i accept i was wrong.

This game is RPG, and is Open World, but i just dont understand what is RPG and what is Open World. Again my apologies for everyone, and enjoy the game and the forum!, im out.

No worries, apology is well accepted. No reason to be sad about it. ;)
Unfortunately I kind of have to agree for this game being on the very light side of being an RPG (which is and was exhaustingly discussed in this forum).
On another note I kind of have to disagree for a last time - this game, as "un-interactive", "empty", "bad-AI'd", etc it may be seen from anyone. ... It still very much is an open-world game. I dunno why you (or anyone else) might think otherwise? (Just out of curiosity though)

And as I might have said somewhere else - You can lament, cry, spit fire or whatever else you want. The game is out in it's current state as it is. There is nothing to change that very fact and now CDPR, at least in my and lots of other peoples opinion I guess, HAVE TO adjust, deliver and correct mistakes. And we are just the sheep to try nudgin the company towards what we want to have.

Nontheless I wish everyone some nice days and enjoy your time! :)

They really should allow you to play the game on a hardcore difficulty that can only be unlocked after 100% completion, using the character that you achieved 100% with.

Hardcore =

1. All enemies difficulty = Very High (so level 55?).
  2. Less civilians and more mobs.
  3. Police don't stop spawning.
  4. Mobs have fully modded legendary weapons.
Diablo has a hardcore difficulty that only unlocks once you beat the game.

Honestly this game has zero replayability without a harder difficulty setting.

Right now I guess start playing other builds but the progression is very slow so just take a break and wait for news. Thankfully they have enough funding to keep the game updated for years to come I think, I hope!

I think it depends on what people consider a roleplay game.

Everquest1/2, World of Warcraft is an RPG open word game in the tradiontal sense, there isn't a main theme, many of the quest are repeatable, you gain power to be able to achieve the raid quests with a group.

SWTOR is an open world RPG with a very linear story line for each class, later stories were not class depandable, only very few quests are repeatable.

This game has none of those elements, its extremely linear, none of the quests can be repeated, Once the main story is completed there is a strong feeling of Game over.

There is only one person, one 'class' with different ways of playing your character. The replayability relies on you finding different styles of play. to achieve the same ending, looking for those achievements you missed first time around.

There is no respwn. once every wanted person is found, you cannot advance your character further.

Until there is DLC with new stories, or the multi player arrives, there is nothing to do other than replay an action packed story line. for many players who cut teeth on the above mentioned games, Cyberpunk is not an RPG neither is it open world in the true sense.

Cyberpunk2077 is a story driven, action game, where you can drive/ride/run/walk anywhere, within the limits of the play area.

This may change when it goes to multiplayer, but in current form O.P's correct.

Don't see why people get upset, when the facts differ from what they've been told by the developers, doesn't make it a bad game

(other than the endless bugs)

what people man?

I did enjoyed the game what are you talking about? just dont confuse others thats all.

This is a single player action game, is not open world, is not RPG. Are you in love with the game? fine, im glad you enjoyed but dont come and tell me whats open world & RPG, played a lot of games, this is not open world, and is not RPG.

You finish the game and thats it, you cant do anything else, i finished all gigs, and all NCPD mini-quests, nothing to explore,, nothing to do, nothing to "role play" with it.

Just some lineal path quests, and is fine, is a great story, but is nothing else than a story.

and believe me i know the game, played more than you for sure:
View attachment 11112731

View attachment 11112728

So i am not only "saying" it, i did all the endings, even the secret one and all the versions, nomad, street kid and corpo.

V is always the same, it slightly changes, is just a straight linequest with tiny differences, and once you finish, is done, u cant keep playing.

So lets call the things as they are, and dont lie ourselves.
Ok lol, took that a bit subjectively didn't u, but yeah this is an open world game. What linear games can you drive to where you want on the map lol and put main objective on pause?, is GTA not open world then? Who are you to tell me this is not an open world game what experience do u have?

PS. game time. in CB2077 doesn't count you are claiming it isn't an open world RPG and i just want to remind u, that its categorically incorrect and you've got no examples of open world like games that aren't open world by definition, so you are not making sense so i doubt you know what an RPG is either.

Post automatically merged:

So KOTOR 1 and 2, Baldur's Gate 1 and 2, Dragon Age games, Mass Effect, none of them are RPGs according to you.

Lol "ok"
Does my head in, people think they are gaming enthusiast butt can't even tell when a game is open world or RPG lol
Post automatically merged:

is not open world because is restricted depending on your mainquest. and is not RPG because the questline is always the same, ending differences and the whole path doesnt changes that much depending on your choises....
Wows quest line is always the same as well and is an RPG.

Last edited:
Just for clarification or to get everyone kind of on the same level here.

for me an "open world" in a game is just this. an open world. There are no quests needed, there is no story needed, not even npc nor any form of AI is needed. It just needs to be a really huge map/world which is freely explorable.

One example might be Minecraft. There is no story, no quests, just you, the world (and crafting/building/ranching/stuff).
World of Warcraft is an open-world because you can access almost every nook and cranny of the world. Even GTA, Saints Row and Fallout are open world games (no shit xD).

If you want to maybe get a "borderline" open world from an crpg as an example, the newest one coming to mind would probably be Pathfinder: Kingmaker (which kind of fits the bill) and Wasteland. Older installments of Fallout (1+2/Tactics) should also fall in this category.

My stance on CP2077 of being an RPG at the moment - I already made it clear: I don't think it's an RPG as it was promised (and what people including me wished it to be like that), but hopefully they will bring it back/into it over the time.

for me an "open world" in a game is just this. an open world. There are no quests needed, there is no story needed, not even npc nor any form of AI is needed. It just needs to be a really huge map/world which is freely explorable.

One example might be Minecraft. There is no story, no quests, just you, the world (and crafting/building/ranching/stuff).
World of Warcraft is an open-world because you can access almost every nook and cranny of the world. Even GTA, Saints Row and Fallout are open world games (no shit xD).

If you want to maybe get a "borderline" open world from an crpg as an example, the newest one coming to mind would probably be Pathfinder: Kingmaker (which kind of fits the bill) and Wasteland. Older installments of Fallout (1+2/Tactics) should also fall in this category.

My stance on CP2077 of being an RPG at the moment - I already made it clear: I don't think it's an RPG as it was promised (and what people including me wished it to be like that), but hopefully they will bring it back/into it over the time.

Hmm there's this rather old game by now called Kenshi and that pretty much fits your bill then, I'd even say Kenshi even fits the bill A LOT more than CP77 on both open world and rpg, but then it also has a lot more elements so it is a bit confusing to pinpoint the game in just ONE category, but we most definitely agree on that 2077 is just not what they advertised, shame there, might've actually pushed the industry to actually try harder if it were at least 50% of all that was advertised lol

Amen the prophet has spoken

All they have to do is make it similar to Borderlands 3. It would easily turn CP into 500h+ game. But nah, its just one trick pony right now. You cant even free roam in open world coz there is nothing to do besides quests lol

All they have to do is make it similar to Borderlands 3. It would easily turn CP into 500h+ game. But nah, its just one trick pony right now. You cant even free roam in open world coz there is nothing to do besides quests lol
Well, you can grind the same, respawning enemies for hours like it's 1999... but that's it.

Well, you can grind the same, respawning enemies for hours like it's 1999... but that's it.

You cant coz there is no point in it. In B3 its "unlimited"character progresssion grind for die hard players like me. But I get what u mean :)

Did all missions, gigs, police calls and cant find anything more, but I want to level my other skills and just shoot something more, does anyone has any idea where to find more enemies? I do find some gang members in city by small quantities, but thats way too little.
Also I hope for some daily missions or random spawns of gangs, random massive encounters and so on. It wouldnt be good if game just died after you finish everything. And no I dont want to start over, I want to reach maximum levels of all skills
So it is time to uninstall the game and forget about it until all dlcs come out and mods that fix gameplay into something that doesn't feel like bootleg borderlands clone.

Hmm there's this rather old game by now called Kenshi and that pretty much fits your bill then, I'd even say Kenshi even fits the bill A LOT more than CP77 on both open world and rpg, but then it also has a lot more elements so it is a bit confusing to pinpoint the game in just ONE category, but we most definitely agree on that 2077 is just not what they advertised, shame there, might've actually pushed the industry to actually try harder if it were at least 50% of all that was advertised lol

Kenshi is great :D

And whose choice was it to shoot them through the walls? Or even use Ping for that matter?

It was the game's choice to make such exploit possible.

It should be rebalanced to kill a lot of cheap exploits, like crafting/infinite money, one shot pistol/revolver, two hits meele/ armadillo mod fiesta, and so on.

The AI need a better work too, to encounter a group of 5 enemies, and have 1 of them approaching you while shooting, 1 shooting you at distance, 1 doing nothing, 2 hiding without any sense of trying to flank the player or use supress fire is just frustrating.

AI just keep themselves on their feet and never tries to surprise me with positioning or tactical moves. Add some exploitive builds to that and that's why combat is just unbalanced. The visuals are great, but there's no challenge.

Top Bottom