Key Remapping

+
All arrow keys are bindable now as of 1.06. Every key except for F is bindable and the game is very much playable for a left hander such as myself.

All arrow keys are bindable now as of 1.06. Every key except for F is bindable and the game is very much playable for a left hander such as myself.

Emmm... I don't know what kind of game are playing, but in Cyberpunk 2077 v1.06 there is no options for Inventory (unchangeable: I), Use (F), Cancel (C), dialog up/down (Up/Down arrow) and so on. Yes, arrow keys and such can be blindable, yet the most needed key (Use, default F) cannot be remapped.

So no, sorrowfully the game is still unplayable for a left-handed person without 3rd party software or .ini editing. Which is a shame...

Emmm... I don't know what kind of game are playing, but in Cyberpunk 2077 v1.06 there is no options for Inventory (unchangeable: I), Use (F), Cancel (C), dialog up/down (Up/Down arrow) and so on. Yes, arrow keys and such can be blindable, yet the most needed key (Use, default F) cannot be remapped.

So no, sorrowfully the game is still unplayable for a left-handed person without 3rd party software or .ini editing. Which is a shame...
Well I don't use arrow keys for movement, I use "OLK;" and i can used the same keys for dialogue choice. I think the most important thing here is that now, at least, movement is editable now. Yes F key is still a little too far from my right hand, but still closer than if i were using arrow keys.

since Cyberpunk 2077 does not have any option to toggle WALK. I'm using a nexumods (minor change in keymapping) that use "WASD" to "normal" run and "YGHJ" to walk (works also to drive slow).

not really sure why this game lacks this option.....

What the hell!? Why this Game nervs me, with this Fu##ing "F" Key!! I never Play a game in my Life, for Take or Do is not chosen the RETURN/ENTER Key!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why i cannot change it?

Cyberpunk 2077 bad´st Keymapping since Dead Space 1!

Pleas fix this, i cannot Play the Game with "F"!

I've managed to rebind F using the config file however I am still plagued by ghost settings now where I tried binding a key and then changed it and it now appears to have two functions bound to the same key. Every time I walk backwards I use a health pack and when I try to melee (what's difference between melee and quick attack?) I also throw a grenade with no apparent way to fix this without scrutinising every line entry in the config file. It really is pretty pathetic and is ruining the game for me. Why is it so hard to allow key mapping when every PC game in history supports this? Red Dead was the same. Im going to have to ask for a refund because it is unplayable until fixed.

So is there any word on if or when CDPR is going to fix the issue with the hard coded "F" key? As an ESDF user I can not play this game. And as many people have said before, it's the end of 2020, there is no reason to have hard coded keys today's day and age. Many other development studios do not have this problem, CDPR should not get held to a different standard.

As this game is unplayable for me I am about ready to return it unless a mod or dev can confirm they are working on this issue.

You can do what I did. Read my previous post. Just run an autohotkey script while playing the game using what I put in my previous post and you can use the right mouse for everything associated with the F key.

You can do what I did. Read my previous post. Just run an autohotkey script while playing the game using what I put in my previous post and you can use the right mouse for everything associated with the F key.

It's great that you found something that works for you, that would not be a suitable fix for myself however. And I get you are being nice and wanting to help your fellow players play a game they purchased but it is not incumbent upon me (or you) to fix something that CDPR poorly designed and then subsequently released. We purchased a product from them, they made a choice to implement keybindings, therefore it is incumbent upon them to deliver a product that has fully functional keybinds as that was/what should be expected especially given that it is an industry standard.

Players should not be expected to fix poorly built products.

Last edited:
Please, someone knows how to rebind the filter on the map ?
Its locked with Z, im on azerty keyobard and I need Z.... I dont know how to rebind the filter, the key Z is binded for the filter and UP in the map, its so boring.

So I haven't been in here for some time. Christmas and such. Let me just say that I have 25 hours played and I am really impressed and entertained by the game.
In my last post I said I wouldn't leave the garage(Nomad) until I could flip an "F" to the F-key hardcoded binding.
Well...:sneaky:
I kinda did. ;)
It shouldn't be neccessary, but there are ways around it and they work. Arrow keys and F key...and all other keys I wanted remapped are now remapped to my own preference.
Solution has been proivided already in this thread(by someone else:giggle:).

I stopped playing though as I suspect huge patches coming.
Whenever I see smoke, exhaust or in the sky I also se huge pixels.
Besides, I have a backlog.

Will start over my game when they patched it more.

TLDR: For the love of Grid Friend and all things neon, let me rebind 'f' or any other key I wish.

I made a login just to chip in to the conversation. I /need/ to be able to rebind the 'f' key. I use 'esdf' for ergonomic reasons.

But real talk here guys, explicitly talking to the 'wasd' folks. Other than force of habit why would one choose 'wasd' over 'esdf'?

It's 2021 now, let's start using the home row and having more access to keys instead of being crammed up on the capslock. Even more important isn't part of the game to be in night city and have freedom of choice? Don't shackle me with your key bindings.

Thank you for your time.

TLDR: For the love of Grid Friend and all things neon, let me rebind 'f' or any other key I wish.

I made a login just to chip in to the conversation. I /need/ to be able to rebind the 'f' key. I use 'esdf' for ergonomic reasons.

But real talk here guys, explicitly talking to the 'wasd' folks. Other than force of habit why would one choose 'wasd' over 'esdf'?

It's 2021 now, let's start using the home row and having more access to keys instead of being crammed up on the capslock. Even more important isn't part of the game to be in night city and have freedom of choice? Don't shackle me with your key bindings.

Thank you for your time.

^ They get it ^

Top Bottom