I really liked the pedestrian variety

+
I want to give CDPR praise for their pedestrians they nailed it. Best pedestrians in any game ever. I love that they added kids as well. I liked that i didn't see any doubles of pedestrians or if i did i didn't notice it. They come in all shapes fat short slim its really good. Hats off to CDPR.

yes! they did this really well, compared to the bland and reptitive npc variety in TW3, they really did well in 77

trash.png

btw, it seems high crowd density also impacts the distance at which NPCs are spawning. so at low density spawns are too close to player, while at High they are farther away and you wont see them..

What's good IS that yes, there is a variety of NPCs in looks, size, shape and appearance and this really adds to the feeling of 'being there' in a busy future city. What's lacking (so far from launch) is that:

- The player character V is blandly outfitted, and uniform size and shape only and cannot be edited in game and looks DULL compared to many NPCs, especially female.

- That NPC are just zombies, lacking any and all interactions or responses using 'F' key of any value except in scripted mission required encounters

- That NPC AI is remarkably lacking, they spawn, bump, walk and repeat and their behaviour is clumsy and lacking in imagination especially in times of combat action or street traffic accidents.

-That despite body variations in size, like every single NPC female has the exact same pair of very small breasts and chest size... where is the augmentation you'd expect in such a future?

- the Police AI... well 'nuff said.. we all know it's borked

- NPC in so many stalls, shops, markets, bars, do nothing, can sell you nothing, say nothing, don't really 'do' their jobs in any pose or action sequences, they just are inert cut outs..

- You can't befriend, interact in any violent, adult or other ways with 99.9% of them other than running them over, shooting etc and we are back to the Police AI... doh!

- If you stay in one spot, sooner or later you'll see the limited variant count, mindless spawn and walk patterns and zombie behaviour patterns and realise the density might be ok but the variety really isn't that convincing; you start to see the same types and walks everywhere ad nauseum.

- They don't react to V (other than bump into and swear/ shout a standard response. V isn't 'noticed' or commented on, and your actions in game don't affect how factions treat you, even if you just killed a lot of their gang 2 mins before, or even if you walk around naked. ( I remember Skyrim player mods where NPCs reacted to all sorts of player behaviour in so many different ways)

A lot of room for improvement in these areas, I think.

Top Bottom