Skill shards can't be saved for later use

+
I see that when looting one I can either take it or learn it but regardless of what option I pick V uses it up to gain XP in that skill.

This is an issue when you've already hit that skill's current cap (as determined by the governing attribute score) and you want to save the XP shard for later.

I did find a shard in my backpack so maybe the game does not use up the shard if you've hit your current cap but it uses it regardless if you haven't.

I did find a shard in my backpack so maybe the game does not use up the shard if you've hit your current cap but it uses it regardless if you haven't.

I found that one shard too but all the other shards seemingly get used the moment you pick em up... which is a shame, yeah!

Older post, I know, but I think this helps make my case that this is an issue rather than a feature. Other people have been reporting this since 2020. My gripe with it is basically the same, I don't think it makes any sense that V cannot loot these skill shards and put them in his/her backpack. Of course the reason why one would want to save them is for the case when you're maxed out on a skill temporarily but you do plan on advancing that skill at a later time. But the reason I think it doesn't make any sense at all is the simple fact that I just looted it off of a body (or container), clearly somebody else in night city knows how to stash them without reading them. If it's because the devs don't want us to be able to sell them for eddies, then give it a value of $1.

Top Bottom