The studio needs our support!

+
If there ever was a time this studio, this team needed our support, now is that time.

Pilling more and more hate on Cyberpunk seems to have become the norm and it shouldn't be. I've been buying CDPR games since The Witcher 1 and they have never abandoned their game. They have repeatedly shown dedication for every single one of their releases. Launching massive overhauls and Enhanced Editions of games way past their launch date. TW1 and 2 both got massive Enhanced Editions, The Witcher 3 was continuously updated for years and received 2 of the best expansions ever released in gaming for bargain price while EA were selling us lootboxes and multiplayer in all their RPGs.

We should be supporting them, we should be rooting for them. Not kicking them while they're down. This hatred doesn't affect the shareholders, it affects the devs that have worked on this game the most and continue to do so. What this team has achieved in Cyberpunk is monumental, despite it's shortcomings and will only get better.

CDPR is not going to abandon the game, they're gonna deliver everything they promised and more, but it's up to us to not make this process a living hell for them. It's up to us to be the best community for the best gaming studio which they still are.

Moxy3

Forum regular
i do agree with you, but for the most part, all we do is point out whats wrong and have discussions over it. Its a small portion that cant behave (sadly).
With that said; Its still sad that theres little to no communication from CDPR. ( I can understand them for now, we have christmas and all that stuff, but i expect them to start communicating with us starting new year or else it looks really shady.)

If a company does not communicate with its customers, nothing good will come out of it. A really good and first step of CDPR would be to acknowledge the problems and to talk with us about them. If they do that, a lot of players will feel better and more secure. ( Again, i dont expect them to start now because of christmas and stuff like this, but at least after new years, when they come back to office/work )

Im not trying to make anyone or anything look bad. I WANT this game to be good, thats why i am here.

I agree that the studio needs our support at this time due to some pretty fierce criticism.

I also feel that fans of the game and those of us who can see how good the game could be need support from the studio, too.

This needs to be a two way street - if there are issues preventing certain issues being finished (such as the police system), it would be far better to acknowledge this clearly and openly right now rather than letting us eagerly await every patch just to be disappointed. That way will just embitter even the most staunch supporter.

I feel that a roadmap with each major issue and a progress tracker would be the ideal here.

I just want what I paid for.
An RPG Game with a great immersed World and decisions that affect that World, life and people around you.

I want what I paid for.

We just want what was promised, yes!

I paid for an unfinished, bugged game that could easily have needed another year of development. Just look at the massive lack of opportunities within the city ...

I'm not saying the devs are the ones to blame. But what happened here could have been prevented and that just annoys people.

We just want what was promised, yes!

I paid for an unfinished, bugged game that could easily have needed another year of development. Just look at the massive lack of opportunities within the city ...

I'm not saying the devs are the ones to blame. But what happened here could have been prevented and that just annoys people.

Agreed, and wanting what we paid for and didn't get it sounds pretty reasonable to me.

Anybody who knows CDPR and how they have been treating their games and fanbase since Witcher 1 should already be confident that CDPR will not "abandon" this game in it's current state or whatever. Personally I'm very curious to see how far they are still going to push this, maybe with expansions or DLC or maybe even just with patches.

The release on "last-gen" consoles probably should not have happened. But honestly on PC? Yeah, it's buggy but so was pretty much every Bethesda open-world RPG on day one. Anybody still remember the GTA IV release on PC? What a fucking mess that was...

I now spent ~80 hours on my first playthrough and left about 50% of the side mission stuff untouched. The game is massive and CDPR have a lot of work to do but I'm already looking forward to my second playthrough in a couple of months or so.

Last edited:
Too bad the 'studio' does not speak for itself, it has its executives, before, directors. When they give proper support to the community - starting to talk to them instead of doing 'showbiss', who knows ...

I have faith that things will change, that CDPR will review its conduct and bad behavior towards its fan base, followers, but ... the practice has demonstrated something else ... until now. We will see...

i do agree with you, but for the most part, all we do is point out whats wrong and have discussions over it. Its a small portion that cant behave (sadly).
With that said; Its still sad that theres little to no communication from CDPR. ( I can understand them for now, we have christmas and all that stuff, but i expect them to start communicating with us starting new year or else it looks really shady.)

If a company does not communicate with its customers, nothing good will come out of it. A really good and first step of CDPR would be to acknowledge the problems and to talk with us about them. If they do that, a lot of players will feel better and more secure. ( Again, i dont expect them to start now because of christmas and stuff like this, but at least after new years, when they come back to office/work )

Im not trying to make anyone or anything look bad. I WANT this game to be good, thats why i am here.

I believe they have communicated and announced fixes, as well as two bigger updates for Jan/Feb.

Aside from that let's not forget the studio has been crunching the last couple months to get the game ready for release. I know people want answers for all their questions and details about all the updates, but the studio needs some time to set their priorities internally.

I suspect CDPR is trying their best not to disappoint again by promising things they're not sure they can deliver in a timely miner. Let's give them some time to figure this out. The updates are already announced, fixes are coming in every single week. I'm sure we're going to be getting more details about the updates as well.

I believe they have communicated and announced fixes, as well as two bigger updates for Jan/Feb.

Aside from that let's not forget the studio has been crunching the last couple months to get the game ready for release. I know people want answers for all their questions and details about all the updates, but the studio needs some time to set their priorities internally.

I suspect CDPR is trying their best not to disappoint again by promising things they're not sure they can deliver in a timely miner. Let's give them some time to figure this out. The updates are already announced, fixes are coming in every single week. I'm sure we're going to be getting more details about the updates as well.

So far, everything they have done has resulted in a fiasco of Homeric proportions, perhaps if the way they communicate with the community were changed, problems could even be avoided.

But as long as they solemnly beg for the community, there will remain the doubt, coined by them (CD) with the launch of something unfinished or 'underestimated'.
Post automatically merged:

Communication is the minimum necessary to correct something. Without communication, everything will be suspended again ... and hostage to 'show business'

This is my opinion.

Don't see the game for what it is, but for what i could become. IMO, the game has SO MUCH potential. It can be trash right now ( which it isn't imo ) , i want to see it's future. Like the OP said, hating won't help. I get that people paid, and pre ordered etc...but take it this way : if you pre ordered, you can wait for the Patches and DLCs, and if it's still isn't to your tastes and what was promised, than you'll have all the rights to complain, but right now ? The dev is still on going. Anyway that's my opinion, how i see it, and i don't want the devs becoming targets of hate, they are only humans

Have to respectfully disagre about encouraging words and all that blah de blah

Not because i hate the game, i actually really enjoy it, bugs an all, just wish they'd fix the player shadow its horrendous. ;)

And not because im kicking them when there down, because im not

But simply because they'll get my support by me playing the game an buying the dlc when it's released, it's the only support companies understand and want and make no mistake CDPR is a company, not your friend.

Devs would probably prefer valid and constructive feedback on whats right and whats not so they can get the game they aswell as us want.

Pretty words are alright right but in this case constructive feedbadk ks more important

Guest 4375874

If there ever was a time this studio, this team needed our support, now is that time.

Pilling more and more hate on Cyberpunk seems to have become the norm and it shouldn't be. I've been buying CDPR games since The Witcher 1 and they have never abandoned their game. They have repeatedly shown dedication for every single one of their releases. Launching massive overhauls and Enhanced Editions of games way past their launch date. TW1 and 2 both got massive Enhanced Editions, The Witcher 3 was continuously updated for years and received 2 of the best expansions ever released in gaming for bargain price while EA were selling us lootboxes and multiplayer in all their RPGs.

We should be supporting them, we should be rooting for them. Not kicking them while they're down. This hatred doesn't affect the shareholders, it affects the devs that have worked on this game the most and continue to do so. What this team has achieved in Cyberpunk is monumental, despite it's shortcomings and will only get better.

CDPR is not going to abandon the game, they're gonna deliver everything they promised and more, but it's up to us to not make this process a living hell for them. It's up to us to be the best community for the best gaming studio which they still are.
Don't worry, the complaints here luckily only account for a minority...the rest are busy playing the game. The toxic ones are always the most vocal so they seem to be more than they actually are and for many it's to their benefit for click baits or views. Keep giving the devs your support, I'm sure posts like these go a long way in letting them know they did a lot of things right despite some flaws.

Top Bottom