Gta vs cyberpunk

+
That was the idea, but they made a GTA in terms of design. Nothing new, exact polygons ... exact lights, and that brought an infinite number of limitations to the game, design. They are beautiful, no doubt, but the general conception of the game failed and failed hard because it sought realism and the comparative would be realism, the CD did not foresee this. Here the problems began. It is about conception.

They made a futuristic GTA with poor mechanics ... a dubious story and storyline, nothing new, they did not present anything new, on the contrary. There are many qualities, techniques, in particular, but they have found limits in hardware.

CP failed in its design, the rest was a cascade of events that prove it. This does not demean their developers, except for their directions, but they made the most serious mistakes I mention here.

A game that dies in itself, not only because of its limits and eventual bugs ... but in the narrative, in the general idea and the world that - literally - dies after some stories. Night City becomes, after completing the story, the Dead City.
Post automatically merged:

By order

Illustrators, Modelers, animators (from RIG to the production of animations), ambience, engineers. These, my appreciation and they did real miracles in the game.

Where did they go wrong? Those above did not make mistakes, they just followed what they were told to do. Those above are the 'gold of the house' CDPR. The rest, I personally would fire them. They literally ruined an idea by sheer arrogance of 'not listening'. But that is just my opinion.
I do agree what you've said here, what i was trying to say is that this isnt done, take all of the critism given and try to improve what you currently have. This is a golden oppertunity - you get feedback from actual players.
The limitations however that you mentioned i cant and wont agree upon, since for some platforms there are none, such as Stadia, the recources here are endless, stacks and stacks upon servers that can render the most demanding shit imaginable.
The most demanding part of this game is RTX and even here, are other options, it was proven that even a GTX260 can run RTX. In my humble opinion it does have an impact on the visuals, however more possibilities ingame outweigh the looks in lightning and reflections in this game and im a freaking GFX whore! Just keep it for those that do want it and continue implementing stuff, such as a working wanted level with actual police encounters that do work. Add vehicles and more customizations for said vehicles, players and add more things in general that keep players playing once the story ends.

Don't exaggerate. I'm playing the game right now. A few things were removed from the 48 min demo on retail. But half of that demo didn't even showcase all the features and skills of the retail version. So it's far from half. Never even knew parkour was so viable and I also could do this:
..totally wrecks wall running.

What is not in the game are things that were verbally promised. We never even got to see those verbally promised features in action in any of the trailers. 2018's demo is far from half of what the retail has.

I mean, huge complex crowd behaviors + Huge dialogue trees + RPG mechanics + Extremely fast load times, and metropolis rendering will seriously burn poor last-gen HDDs to crisps. I don't get how anyone could believe that kind of promise. They gotta compromise somewhere. Even RDR2 compromised the loading screen, dialogue trees, and gear/upgrade mechanics, crowd density to accommodate physics and AI.

"I don't get how anyone could believe that kind of promise." Wether I believed it or not, they lied, you'll keep defending this because you can jump trough some lame glitch, ok have fun with that

"I don't get how anyone could believe that kind of promise." Wether I believed it or not, they lied, you'll keep defending this because you can jump trough some lame glitch, ok have fun with that
I believe some of the feature where removed for balanced purposes.

Example:
1) hacking people with monowire --> now we can hack anyone without it, so some abilities are not locked behind a single weapon
2) climb with mantines blades --> probably was fucking with enviromental exploration

I am and I will. Sorry if you don't enjoy your copy. I never asked for more than a CDPR narrative so I'm pleasantly surprised with the extra gameplay options I've been given. And believe me, I'm a 3rd person guy. I never preferred the 1st person perspective. But I'd rather ditch the shallow preference and over-expectation if it means I could have more of what I originally asked for. :) And dang is it worth every penny.

And I am also playing the game for the developers and writers that have poured countless hours making it. And not for the corporate higher-ups that lied and fucked up the marketing. Apparently, those 2 live in different worlds and have 2 different demographics. And I still fall under the demographic the devs are trying to make this game for until the day their writers, narrative designers, and quest designers leave.

Cyberpunk can't do what GTA does, but GTA also can't do CP

I believe some of the feature where removed for balanced purposes.

Example:
1) hacking people with monowire --> now we can hack anyone without it, so some abilities are not locked behind a single weapon
2) climb with mantines blades --> probably was fucking with enviromental exploration

Right? I mean, like why should wall running stick around when a sprint, double jump covers way more distance than the wall running ever could? People asked for more options but this is the 1 of the few games that have these kinds of enhancement mechanic that affects open-world traversal and hacking on top of other complex systems. Too much just eats up more computing resources and there are already alternative options that sometimes can even do better.

Last edited:
All I see in these videos are youtubers desparately trying to make money by wasting others' time. Yes some things shown in the videos hurt the game because it breaks immersion, but many just aren't that visible. And I bet many aren't there because developers failed, but because those things were not the focus for the project.

Cdpr are a smalldev compared to rockstar who are the literal masters of the genre. We expected too much
"Warhorse studios" are even a smaller dev team that made a way better game (not without it's flaws, ofc), Kingdom Come: Deliverance. A game that has the same general traits as Cyberpunk (first person, immersive, story based RPG), it was their FIRST GAME....we didn't expect too much imo, the general management of the game and gameplay decisions in general were shamefull. SHAMEFUR DISPRAY...

All I see in these videos are youtubers desparately trying to make money by wasting others' time. Yes some things shown in the videos hurt the game because it breaks immersion, but many just aren't that visible. And I bet many aren't there because developers failed, but because those things were not the focus for the project.
If marketing didn't screw up I think people would've understood that. That the demographic is not for sandbox players. And that there are engine limitations that need to be balanced out. No game can do everything at once. You gotta pick and choose your focus. Gta doesn't have dialogue options or Cyberware or hacking because it focuses on physics and NPC interaction.

This its not a problema and we can expect things. :) But, what CDPR expect by CDPR? What CP expect about CP?

This its the problem :)

i'm playing the game on PS4 and it's broken, honestly that's a good game with alot of bugs, graphic problems, game crushes and a bad ending, but i think money got into CDPR heads, people started to invest into this company and then they spend all the money on Arch Motorcycles, Porsche 911 car and Keanu Reeves to make more hype around the game (that's how to sell 13 million copies) but now all these loyal fans and people that got into this hype game will remember CyberPunk and CDPR as a joke company
and thanks to them people afraid to Pre- order games.

"The moment when we start to become conservative [and] stop taking creative risks and business risks, and stop being faithful to what we are doing, is when we should be concerned. And I am not worried" - Marcin

It starts to get worried, they became conservative, reactionary from the point of view even of the game technique, besides the conception. The identity, the face that appears today, is that of disappointment, not of the owners of the CD, they are doing well and I wish them all the best and I do not speak lightly. It is really what I wish for any human being. The sadness is mine, Marcin, of whom you dream, but you will never be able to make this or those dreams come true by a certain social imposition. I, like the vast majority ... we dreamed of an interactive, intelligent, daring world ... what we received was something different from that ... something so bad, almost unbearable, like our own reality. We are, that in the end, we had a 'sad ending', just like in the game ... even that lacked sensitivity, even that was wrong.

The perception of the world is everything that is intended to be 'progressive' in a reactionary world and CDPR has lost just that!

Two things

Who decided to copy - and copy badly, GTA, was Cyberpunk and its directors. Second, cool your avatar :)
Thank you <3

Well, the core of Cyberpunk is the RPG part, the "GTA" one is not as central as the first one.
I'm not saying that it has no flaws, but I don't expect Cyberpunk to be so close to GTA, which is cored on a different gameplay (and has no real RPG mechanics).

Having 200 identical videos with broad titles like 'cyberpunk vs GTA' and showcasing aspects that rockstar clearly excels on but doing everything they can to not include anything that cyberpunk does remotely right, does absolutely nothing except make people who already hate the game have a little circle****. It's free clicks for that audience so eh, can't blame youtubers for it

I have 300 hours in rdr2, 200 in gta V and 120 in cyberpunk atm, and it's honestly hilarious seeing the same people screaming 'cdpr fanboys' doing the same thing themselves. Get a grip lads, it's a video game and the two do different things.

I love both games for completely different reasons. I loved GTA V for letting me and my mates fk around for extended hours with its sandbox whilst I love cyberpunk for letting me explore a future megalopolis, enjoy a fantastic story combined with great gameplay (I play on an rx 590 and r5 3600 at 70 fps 1080p, so I've been zooming around at doom eternal speeds with my full reflex build here, ofc some others would disagree based on their experiences with performance).

All done and said, enjoy what you do, never let others tell you that your tastes are wrong, no matter what game it is.

Thank you <3

Well, the core of Cyberpunk is the RPG part, the "GTA" one is not as central as the first one.
I'm not saying that it has no flaws, but I don't expect Cyberpunk to be so close to GTA, which is cored on a different gameplay (and has no real RPG mechanics).

There is no comparison of colors, but of mechanics. GTA SA manages to be infinitely superior to a game made in 2020, promised by the company as something like that. It's simple. I'm comparing mechanics ... something that should have been treated with respect and affection by CDPR and it wasn't. The mechanics of CP is something between deplorable and absurd, it is so bad. But why is it bad? Because it was thought in a simplistic way, it came from the designer who insisted on the mediocre idea that Night City should be a Disneyland style city ... and he could have thought of something more like Blade Runner 2049 - more bucolic climate, with fewer NPCs, but better group or even individual mechanics over those NPCs.

There is not only one story supporting a design idea, there are several in Cyberpunk, they could have taken advantage of that, but, once again, the person responsible for the overall design of the game, submitted to the logic of the 'immediate' ... the 'ah, leave it anyway, they will like it '... he was afraid to take risks, he was afraid to dare. GTA did parts with a crowd and then, did CDPR have to copy that? For what? Give an idea of megalopolis? I could have done it in another way ... to avoid obvious technical limits to what we have of technology available today. Creativity was lacking, imagination was lacking ... because they treated CP as a purely technical piece.

There are elements to praise in CP, of course there are. But they are overshadowed by the immense, giant, lack of creativity in game design (here in its most general sense which involves mechanics, sounds, etc.) ...

It is clear that CP will compare to any game, there is talk of GTA by the mechanics involved almost or more than a decade ago.
Post automatically merged:

Mechanics are compared, but by way of illustration, although there is a universe - time, inclusive. So in an illustrative way.

- never do anything that seeks realism with the technologies we have today thinking about something 'new', 'sci fi', especially urban, and what it will involve (and it will involve a universe of things, from an immensity of polygons, shadows, lights, reflections, particles, even multitudes/crowd of complex behavior amid objects that collide) This is old, this search is old and it cannot work in this or that way ... and it will not work because it will, inevitably, bump into hardware limits. Use the imagination. Instead of starting from conceptual art to the 'hard polygon' with a 'shader', do exactly the opposite, starting from what is a real idea for the illustration of this, for the representation of this. Resolved the problem! There is a game with the same theme 'sci fi', thought like that and it worked and made by half a dozen developers - literally, six people. Award winning game, even - takes place in a city.

- never do anything that seeks realism about lights - it is one of the things that weighs most in games, lights, shadows, reflection, volume of particles (fog, etc.) ... our technology is stupid still about. Texture (shaders, combination) the same thing ... although there are some 'but' here - 'bump', 'displace ...' ... these are things that - in general - give problems in complex contexts. Deviate from this by color, with the use of color (the same goes for global shadows that fade 'light shadow', contact surfaces, etc.). This technique is old and absurdly efficient when you know how to use it. Use shaders that allow the representation of things, not as they should be, really ... 'copy / paste maps' (this is stupid and only works in games like Death Strand ... where almost everything is 'painted' and that type of material appears rarely in the rare buildings that exist, in boxes, etc.).

- crowds - is it merely a number or can we represent it? 'It's cold, the climate has changed in the world in recent years due to the exploitation of monopolies by natural resources' ... ready, the big dilemma' crowds ... solved ...

Etc ... it's the general idea that fails and makes everything else go wrong!

Last edited:
Top Bottom