Cyberpunk 2077 User Reviews & Impressions

+
Just finished the game. about 89hrs including the ~40 minutes credits.

I hate the performance issues. with my pc (ryzen 7 2700x, rtx2080, 32gb ram, installed on an nvme ssd, 3440x1440 resolution), I have practically identical FPS (+/- 35) regardless of whether I run it on low preset or on raytracing ultra preset. in both presets I have to set it to dlss ultra performance (or otherwise I get maybe 7 fps on average, yes, also on low), but other than this, no setting makes any difference whatsoever. I really don't get why that is. I mean I am definitely not expecting triple digit fps on that system and especially on that resolution, but what I do expect is a bloody difference between the lowest and the highest settings so I can tweak it to my liking between performance and looks. but I don't have a difference in performance so I just played on the highest possible setting for it to be the most visually pleasing and was done with it. still hoping to get somewhat stable 60 fps at some point after some patch with some settings tweaked but that's for the next playthrough which is not going to happen very soon anyways.

I don't mind the bugs and glitches. I usually just had a good laugh whenever something occured, like I had with roach in witcher 3. yes of course it hurts the immersion a bit but what the hell. I am not as immersed to forget that I am only playing a game anyways.

I had only one quest ("getting warmer") bugged out in a way I couldn't finish it (because it never triggered properly), other than that I have done every main mission, every side mission, every gig, every ncpd hustle, all tarot cards and whatnot else. I did not buy every car but other than that I am pretty much 100% done with the game.

I was a female V street kid, (successfully) romancing judy and have taken the nomad ending where I leave night city in the end with the gang.

Despite all the bugs (which as I said didn't bother me too much) I absolutely loved the game and pretty much every single minute. Yes, it wasn't the super duper deep RPG as which it was advertised at some point. Yes, it is very obvious that the game has a lot of cut features and things in general, Yes the game is basically one big "that could've been done different/better" at every other corner, and would I be product owner for the project I could write up hundreds of user stories where something should be changed, but then it also would've mean that the game probably wouldn't have been released for the next 4 years or so, so it is probably good that I am not in that position. And it probably would've ended up being an entirely different game. Once I let myself into the game as the way it is, I still enjoyed it more than I have enjoyed many other games.

I did not think that a game could make me hate keanu reeves. God I despised johnny silverhand. tremendous acting job from keanu. and then, in over the course of the game and towards the end, I actually was sad that he will be gone forever in cyberspace. I grew on him and despite him having been a terrorist actually I liked the comments he gave every now and then.

one last thing I despised: the lack of freedom of respeccing my V. I could not respec my skill points, only the perk points, but this costs 100k eddies, and also the skill progressions being tied to the skill points actually meant that If I would want change my playstyle at some point, I would be pretty fucked actually. which in the end means, if I would've taken a playstyle and after like 10 hrs or so figured it is shit and I don't like it, my only true option would've been to restart entirely. and that is really not a good decision from a gameplay perspective.

my final ratings of x/100 would be:
- the way I feel about that game in the end in total: somewhere in the 80-85 region (so it is, despite everything, still an awesome game)
- fix the bugs, glitches and performance issues, and it easily hits a 91 or 92.
- after all those things are done, enhance that game over time so it might resemble again more of an actual RPG than just an action adventure, and I see this thing be the first game I would ever consider giving the actual full score of 100/100. But it is still a loooooooong road until then, and who knows if we ever gonna reach there.

oh and one last thing: I understand the decision against having third person view of V outside of: cars/bikes, the occasional mirror, the inventory screen and the photo mode. But having seen the last cutscene of my ending, V sitting on the basilisk and actually seeing her in third person basically: what a waste to not have this more often in the game. as great as the character creator is, it is really actually wasted. you could've just gone with the default look and actually no character customization whatsoever, it wouldn't actually have made a whole lot of difference. Geralt wasn't able to be customized (except hair/beard, and V doesn't even have this after the character creator), lara croft has no character customization, etc. it would not have made the game worse at all.

Oh, and one last-last thing, out of all bugs/issues etc one thing bugged me the most: why do I even have the decision in the character creator between flat, medium and big tits, if whenever I have cloths on, my tits shrink/grow to the "medium" size anyways? That is REALLY irritating. no offense.

Just finished the game. about 89hrs including the ~40 minutes credits.

I hate the performance issues. with my pc (ryzen 7 2700x, rtx2080, 32gb ram, installed on an nvme ssd, 3440x1440 resolution), I have practically identical FPS (+/- 35) regardless of whether I run it on low preset or on raytracing ultra preset. in both presets I have to set it to dlss ultra performance (or otherwise I get maybe 7 fps on average, yes, also on low), but other than this, no setting makes any difference whatsoever. I really don't get why that is. I mean I am definitely not expecting triple digit fps on that system and especially on that resolution, but what I do expect is a bloody difference between the lowest and the highest settings so I can tweak it to my liking between performance and looks. but I don't have a difference in performance so I just played on the highest possible setting for it to be the most visually pleasing and was done with it. still hoping to get somewhat stable 60 fps at some point after some patch with some settings tweaked but that's for the next playthrough which is not going to happen very soon anyways.

I don't mind the bugs and glitches. I usually just had a good laugh whenever something occured, like I had with roach in witcher 3. yes of course it hurts the immersion a bit but what the hell. I am not as immersed to forget that I am only playing a game anyways.

I had only one quest ("getting warmer") bugged out in a way I couldn't finish it (because it never triggered properly), other than that I have done every main mission, every side mission, every gig, every ncpd hustle, all tarot cards and whatnot else. I did not buy every car but other than that I am pretty much 100% done with the game.

I was a female V street kid, (successfully) romancing judy and have taken the nomad ending where I leave night city in the end with the gang.

Despite all the bugs (which as I said didn't bother me too much) I absolutely loved the game and pretty much every single minute. Yes, it wasn't the super duper deep RPG as which it was advertised at some point. Yes, it is very obvious that the game has a lot of cut features and things in general, Yes the game is basically one big "that could've been done different/better" at every other corner, and would I be product owner for the project I could write up hundreds of user stories where something should be changed, but then it also would've mean that the game probably wouldn't have been released for the next 4 years or so, so it is probably good that I am not in that position. And it probably would've ended up being an entirely different game. Once I let myself into the game as the way it is, I still enjoyed it more than I have enjoyed many other games.

I did not think that a game could make me hate keanu reeves. God I despised johnny silverhand. tremendous acting job from keanu. and then, in over the course of the game and towards the end, I actually was sad that he will be gone forever in cyberspace. I grew on him and despite him having been a terrorist actually I liked the comments he gave every now and then.

one last thing I despised: the lack of freedom of respeccing my V. I could not respec my skill points, only the perk points, but this costs 100k eddies, and also the skill progressions being tied to the skill points actually meant that If I would want change my playstyle at some point, I would be pretty fucked actually. which in the end means, if I would've taken a playstyle and after like 10 hrs or so figured it is shit and I don't like it, my only true option would've been to restart entirely. and that is really not a good decision from a gameplay perspective.

my final ratings of x/100 would be:
- the way I feel about that game in the end in total: somewhere in the 80-85 region (so it is, despite everything, still an awesome game)
- fix the bugs, glitches and performance issues, and it easily hits a 91 or 92.
- after all those things are done, enhance that game over time so it might resemble again more of an actual RPG than just an action adventure, and I see this thing be the first game I would ever consider giving the actual full score of 100/100. But it is still a loooooooong road until then, and who knows if we ever gonna reach there.

oh and one last thing: I understand the decision against having third person view of V outside of: cars/bikes, the occasional mirror, the inventory screen and the photo mode. But having seen the last cutscene of my ending, V sitting on the basilisk and actually seeing her in third person basically: what a waste to not have this more often in the game. as great as the character creator is, it is really actually wasted. you could've just gone with the default look and actually no character customization whatsoever, it wouldn't actually have made a whole lot of difference. Geralt wasn't able to be customized (except hair/beard, and V doesn't even have this after the character creator), lara croft has no character customization, etc. it would not have made the game worse at all.

Oh, and one last-last thing, out of all bugs/issues etc one thing bugged me the most: why do I even have the decision in the character creator between flat, medium and big tits, if whenever I have cloths on, my tits shrink/grow to the "medium" size anyways? That is REALLY irritating. no offense.

Very glad you had a great time and enjoyed it. :cool:

Complete and utter disgrace.

Been playing for hours trying to enjoy this bugfest... But guess what I hit a game breaking bug, you know Chippin in mission ? Well Rogue is supposed to call me in a day, guess what been doing mission after mission, and still no call... I damn well completed all the non bugged secondary mission still no call...

Stop blaming management, this is a DEVELOPER f*ckup, when someone wrote the conditional for this mission didn't think at all, so please stop being a developer.

Fair warning, long post mostly intended to advise new(ish) pc gamers who are struggling with the game, also playing a little defense for CDPR and CP2077. Sum up - Pc gaming takes tweaks, after mine I've only seen minor bugs (never had a crash or fail to start) and the game is 9/10 as it sits, can't wait to see the next fixes.

Fortunately or unfortunately for us, a game is not reduced to a technological demonstrator and some tweaks.
Cyberpunk 2077 is buggy. 15 days after release, 3 hotfixes / heavy patches have been rolled out. And more are to come. That's not the point.
The game is supposed to be a challenge for most rigs, just as Crysis was in its time. A great visual experience.
It runs smoothly on my rig. I play in 1920 with a faithful 1080Ti, and I'm pleased with it. I don't have any 4K screen, so i don't care. I also don't care about ray tracing, so...
What I care is about a game which has been obviously rushed, and whose gaming experience is faulty. There are glitches, graphic bugs, clipping bugs, texture bugs, broken scripts, corrupted saves... You name it.
What I care is the inability to simply bind keys as I see fit. I too is not shy to tinker in the .ini files to have games run the way I want. But keybinding , seriously ?
The game should never have been released in such shape. It's a shame for the buyers, who feel cheated, and it's also a shame for the company, whose reputation just plummeted.
And I don't even mention the outrage the console version is.
So, now, I simply wait and see, and CDPR lost much trust I put in their work.

Last edited:
The title of the thread was "The ending was so good that I forgot how bad this game is".

What follows are the opinions of a somewhat frustrated guy about Cyberpunk 2077.

Bugs are not the biggest problem with the game. Stop pretending like fixing the bugs will fix the game.

A minute and a half montage of how V and Jackie became best friends ever? Really? Was I supposed to feel anything towards that dude? I suppose so because they keep bringing him up later in a game. Were those supposed to be emotional moments? They weren't, I was annoyed because I was forced to care about him. Jackie's bike, Jackie this, and Jackie that, ... Who cares, the guy is a corpse. I cared about Delamain more.

Corpo lifepath has to be dropped. The transition from Corpo to Street Kid is so abrupt and I was so lost that I had to restart the game to play as a Street Kid. You don't even have the privilege of meeting Jackie for the first time. It's just implied that you are best friends since childhood. The last straw was when I had to give a speech about Jackie at his funeral. I had all those options to chose from when I didn't even know the guy. Was I supposed to just pick something at random?

Gigs don't make any sense and are so frustrating. If you end up in an area with a gig marker on the map then someone calls you and gives you a job that's related to the same exact area? How convenient. The frustrating part is phone calls that you can't decline. You can't even accept them because the T button doesn't even work. Here is a better way of implementing this system: drop them all from the map. From time to time you get an SMS from someone that needs something done. At the end of the message, it says "if you are interested, please call me when you are available". There, much better now. And drop all cars for sale from the map.

Untitled.png

(listening to Regina and Johnny x2 at the same time)

The game is full of press F to pay respect moments. Why are you bothering me with that? Just don't pause the scripted scene and let it play.

I guess that enormous amount of meaningless dialog options serve to add to the role-playing aspect of the game. You can choose between angry or calm "yes". Maybe in your second playthrough, you can role-play as a badass and choose the angry version? I think that I had an option to say "I don't wanna do that" only once (with Lizzy Wizzy) and I was so shocked when I saw the "quest failed" message that I had to reload my previous save and accept the job.

I went to the farm with kidnapped boys right before The Hunt quest started. You are able to enter it, but it's empty. If this was The Witcher 3 the boys would be there the whole time and the quest would start from the end. One of the boys would lead me to River which would give me my reward for a job well done.

One of the reasons that I liked the endings is that they are not happening in the open-world. The city is nice to look at, but as soon as you try to interact with literally anything the immersion is completely ruined. Braindead NPCs, benches, and chairs that you can't even sit on unless it's a scripted event, etc. I started to like the game more as soon as I stopped trying to interact with anything and just started jumping from quest to quest.

You can't be fully nude by design? Christians Do Penis Restriction? Made me remember something.

13412a88f3973f6e309e1ed89ff6fe0465caa271d9241aa52dacd3f4bd876362_1.jpg

Do you think there is something strange in that request? You know that Rockstar implemented that in their game 16 years ago? Way ahead of their time.

Anyhow, after 85 hours I'm finally done with this game and this company. For comparison, I have 280 hours in The Witcher 3.

Last edited:
Here is a better way of implementing this system: drop them all from the map
I really dislike how almost everything is pre-marked on the map. It makes the world feel even more static and lifeless than it already is. Like, why do assaults IN PROGRESS just wait indefinitely for you to show up? Yet we're told that first person makes the experience more immersive. Phew, heaven forbid they design the game in a way that reduces or breaks immersion!

Everything is fine with you :). CP2077 is not a RPG, that is the problem. Although they told us for years it would be. OpenWorld-Games/RPG are popular, but expensive and timeconsuming to develop.
Sadly I missed the message, when they told us to expect a (looter) shooter with story elements.
CP2077 is the first Far Cry I played 'til the end, I would say :(.
Far Cry 5 has a better story in my opinion, and the world feels more alive

I forgot about how the game gives you a constant sense of false urgency via "relic malfunction" effects (that don't stop until I reload the save). Why do you keep doing that? Do you want us to play the game longer or not? You did that in The Witcher 3 too. Hey, my daughter is in imminent mortal danger, how about a game of cards? Just drop that.

I forgot about how the game gives you a constant sense of false urgency via "relic malfunction" effects (that don't stop until I reload the save). Why do you keep doing that? Do you want us to play the game longer or not? You did that in The Witcher 3 too. Hey, my daughter is in imminent mortal danger, how about a game of cards? Just drop that.
Short answer? No, they don't want you to play the game longer... everything in that game (aside the over crowded worldmap) screams "one off story experience". I mean, yea, W3 had "urgency" in it's story too, but it was muddled enough so the feeling wasn't too jarring, but here? Yea, no, you basically should only do the main stroy beats, and nothing else... everything else wouldn't make sense at all.

Again: This was not the intended narrative of the game, it's blatantly obvious You only use such gimmicks for short parts of a game, lest they get annoying and loose any meaning...

I, personally, really enjoy the game. Bugs, well yes. I am sorry that they didn't wait, say another month or two to iron out a lot of issues. I could just hear the howling from the community about that, but hey, it is what it is right. I say thanx for one hell of a game people. Its awesome !

With all its flaws, this is stil a great game (which unluckily I'm unable to play these days).
Anyway it has some problems (AI, bugs, missing features that would increase the immersion).
I'm waiting the "2021 big patches", hoping that they will drastically improve the overall experience.

CDPR doesn't deserve the shitstorm, even if the old-gen version of the game was nearly a scam. I'm sure CDPR will improve and fix the main problems, they had to release on PC first and on console later...it's a common practice: many console games are published on PC after many months.

Finger crossed!

To start ive been playing on ps5 ( lucky to a degree to get one at release )
I was getting crashes every few hours that has since been fixed quite a lot otherwise no real game breaking bugs but in general its quite buggy .. ( did get a few that crashed the whole playstation but only a few times then fine )
ive played this game now for well over 200 plus hours over the 3 life paths and finished the game with 3 different endings my current nomad play through is up to 75 hours trying to complete everything ..
I truly find equally alot of great things in cyberpunk 2077 and some bad things and things that i belive have failed due to lack of knowledge ..
im going to compare alot of cyberpunk with gta 5 as i believe this is the bench mark of these types of games ..
The great.
i really enjoy the game play the different outfits guns cars the world itself is amazing side quests are fun the different builds of your character is awesome its fun to try different builds ( stealth usually gets thrown out the window when i can go in guns blazing ) and trying new weapons to build your character around them makes for entertaining game play ( spoiler comrades hammer soooooo OP ) ( and katana is insane at lower lvls ) ohh and ( anything with smart bullets ) cough cough skippy..
The huge variety of outfit combos is amazing ( i do enjoy dressing up my characters in games ) night city looks amazing and is amazing to explore ( so easy to get lost ) was on point..
i play as female V ( love playing kick ar.se female characters ) she was so well voiced so A+ on her ..
Vehicles are great they really fit they cyberpunk style and there is few stand outs ( shion coyote is the best )

The story , driving and other bits and pieces are going to get stuck in a mediocre category ..

The story for the most point was good and had some great, sad , funny moments BUT while keanu played johnny silverhand well i really got annoyed with him towards the end dont do this , dont do that , do it my way , this is the only way got so redundant that it truly just annoyed me to the point that my first ending ( which i now believe to be the best ending more on that later ) was chosen out of sheer frustration ..
Driving physics was a bit meh sadly although i do wonder if we take gta 5 as the bench mark to much with driving as gta 5 is not a so called driving sim but we rely on the fact that all games should be like gta 5 when it comes to there driving physics.
The mini map was one thing that really annoyed me it was to zoomed in that when trying to navigate night city with way points you were on a turn before you could turn and lead to annoying missing of turns often ..
The small offering of legendary clothing or the ability to upgrade your fav outfit to legendary is disappointing ..
Guns i would of loved the ability to upgrade certain guns to legendary as there are some really cool weapon skins on guns you can acquire at common / uncommon and so on!!
npc AI and other AI is not great but i leave this in the mediocre category as its taken rockstar quite a few years to get this right as well .. yes ive watched the comparison videos ( so funny )

BAD..

bugs bugs and bugs .. i truly believe this game should not have been released in the state it was and feel sorry for xbone one and ps4 players..
i would like to defend cd red to a degree as they should not have offered the game on sub par systems to start but with the current mess that is ps5 series x scalpers no stock etc its some what of a catch 22..
Then the death threats for pushing back the game and abuse cd red got for this seems counter productive and i truly hope the low lifes that made these threats got the bad ps4 and xbox one versions for karmas sake..

This does not excuse the the blatant lies that cd red have told and they have tarnished there rep they achieved from witcher 3

Basic things that were just not bothered with like in game character customization ( even more stupid with such a in depth character customization at the start hell there is even a quest where a npc has had a total body face transformation) WTF

All these cool cars and in game car designs yet unable to customize your own vehicles or have a place to store said vehicles seems stupid..

Ohh yeah and the archer quartz sidewinder!!!! really cd red why not? lol

NOW BAD BAD ..
The endings !!!
even of the 3 ive done and ive watched all of them on vids they are the absolute down side to this game they all feel so pointless ( that throwing away the pills and ending it quickly felt like the best choice!! )
I get bad endings sure there needs to be a few bad endings but where is the one that makes you feel like you have done something worth while with your life ( V ) and all that effort pays off there just doesnt seem to be anything where you can say yeah im good (even the secret ending feels lame).
in the end the endings are what disappointed me the most with cyberpunk 2077 i honestly felt really upset that my character and the journey i had just spent hours doing was pointless!!

in conclusion,

I believe that cd red has bitten off a little more than they can chew with 2077 they have tried to hit the lvl of which gta 5 has hit and in some aspects they have hit the nail on the head and on others they have fallen flat on there face ( would like to remind ppl that rockstar has been at this alot longer that cd red ) i truly believe that they will fix the issues and i hope they add some of the fundamentals that should have been in the game from the start and maybe in time make a better well rounded cyberpunk 2078

i do hope that the multi player is like gta online im happy to accept the bugs and the mess that it may be if that is there goal as they do have my support and faith that there going to fix things and not leave it in a sorry state and move on!!

The good {1}voice acting [2] awesome characters [3]awesome character creator. Know the the things I did not like [1] no repeatable dates and booty calls with V's romance option [2] no matter what basically same bad ending[2] can't buy better houses or customize rides . I can understand why for story purpose the character is known as the alias V however when it comes to creating my own charter I personally prefer to use my real first name not get stuck with forced default name's like Vincent . I hope the devs will add the option to let player's choose V's real first name later

Last edited:
Paid full price after what some were deeming the most atrocious Triple A title launch in history... pshh! Does the game need work? Absolutely. Do the Devs know this? Of course. But I refuse to let the riffraff influence my choices. I picked up the Witcher 3 on super sale and vowed to give CDPR full price for their next endeavor. I came through on my half of the bargain and I'm willing to bet Cyberpunk 2077 will see its fair share of quality of life and technical patches as we move forward, together.

And for those cryin about console compatibility... WAKE UP! Its always been that way in the console rat race. If you wanna race, join the PC Master Race!

The game is perfectly playable on my Ryzen 5 OC'ed @ 4.05gh / 32GB RAM / RTX 2080 Super - Hitting a solid 60FPS with Ray Tracing on and some customized settings for preference, not performance (ie Film Grain & Motion Blur OFF).

Just over 60 hours into my first playthrough (NOMAD) and find the Main Quest enthralling, the Side Jobs surprisingly engaging, and the character development breathtaking. Technical issues aside, the amount of truly immersive content I've experienced in my 60 PLUS hours is well worth full price.

No Dev would be satisfied with the current game state. I know it. You know it. We all know it! And since we all know this, we should also all consider that the Devs will absolutely be polishing and refining.

Games have Bugs people. If you want a true to life dystopian experience, I hear Seattle, Portland, and San Fran are about par for the course these days. Get off your arses, put your muzzles on and go mingle!! Just keep that shit outta Texas. We ain't playin those games here.

Absolutely love all the dialogue, Keanu, Palmer, Rogue, River, Takemura, Judy, all the cut scenes.

The voice acting and motion capture is OUT OF THIS WORLD!!!

This game is about the story and the really hard battles.

15/10 would pay again for that kind of content. Story, aesthetic and ambience is everything to me (Dont care that much about open world)

Top Bottom