The lack of 3rd person view

+
Hey, an idea here would be to add links to references mentioned otherwise none of these comments hold any weight.
My understanding is 3rd person is not something that would be added unfortunately I can't rem where I heard that so I could be very wrong and without seeing proof I suggest not taking my comment with any seriousness. But if anyone does have links at least that would add a level of constructiveness here

PC mod will probably happen....but I dont think I'll be able to play 3rd person if I cant see my character weapons, like TW3, and most 3rd person games...I prefer 3rd person, but just seeing V pull a katana, rifle, etc out of thin air migth ruin it for me...
Post automatically merged:

PC mod will probably happen....but I dont think I'll be able to play 3rd person if I cant see my character weapons, like TW3, and most 3rd person games...I prefer 3rd person, but just seeing V pull a katana, rifle, etc out of thin air migth ruin it for me...
Yes, because holding all the gear and clothes you have is very realistic. This is a game. People wanted 3rd person mode. Most of the work was done. Than just randomly cut off in the end. Why does the mirror suck. Because it's a cutscene and not a real mirror. That's why it's so restrictive. Nothing functions. Even though the V model is fully rigged to accept all animations. From mouth to body movements. I didn't care that there was no camera cutscenes. And I wouldn't care when going into certain situations. Forces the camera back in. But everything else should operate the camera in 3rd person. The final moment cameras. That are done for each of the endings would still be impactful. Since we don't have cinematic cutscenes.

But one of the fallouts of making the game in first person. Is why a lot of people don't have a good connection to V. We can't see V's face through 99% of the game. So when you read peoples comments of them not caring what happens to V, or that Johnny has so much of the focus. V gets sideline. A portion of that problem is our disconnect to V caused by first person mode. Here's an example. Why do scenes cut back to people during a long conversation, as someone talks. Because they show reactions. Or the editor realises. Oh, this person hasn't been on screen for a while. They'll get forgotten. I gotta show them. This is happening here.

Last edited:
Yes, because holding all the gear and clothes you have is very realistic. This is a game. People wanted 3rd person mode. Most of the work was done. Than just randomly cut off in the end. Why does the mirror suck. Because it's a cutscene and not a real mirror. That's why it's so restrictive. Nothing functions. Even though the V model is fully rigged to accept all animations. From mouth to body movements. I didn't care that there was no camera cutscenes. And I wouldn't care when going into certain situations. Forces the camera back in. But everything else should operate the camera in 3rd person. The final moment cameras. That are done for each of the endings would still be impactful. Since we don't have cinematic cutscenes.

But one of the fallouts of making the game in first person. Is why a lot of people don't have a good connection to V. We can't see V's face through 99% of the game. So when you read peoples comments of them not caring what happens to V, or that Johnny has so much of the focus. V gets sideline. A portion of that problem is our disconnect to V caused by first person mode. Here's an example. Why do scenes cut back to people during a long conversation, as someone talks. Because they show reactions. Or the editor realises. Oh, this person hasn't been on screen for a while. They'll get forgotten. I gotta show them. This is happening here.
Whoa whoa whoa, I said I'd rather have a 3rd person option for sure...it just sucks that even if we get a mod, we won't get to see our awesome weapons on our toon, like in the Witcher....it's cool to be ab le to see the weps and the different one's when swapping. The only way I see that heppning is if CDPR actually incorporates the 3rd person on their end...but I would love my V to have his pistol and katana holstered, and his rifle strapped to his back while playing, that's all.

It is certainly far away, but possible nonetheless.

Yes, the modding community is already very active. You can even change your hair in game now. Hopefully CDPR will release some tools as well in the future to help their work.
ooo...

Can I get a nice brown hair color yet?

You can [...] but the fact is that Cyberpunk is a First Person game. It was designed to be played through the eye of V. This game would be a drab and I probably would skip almost every scene if it was in third person. Imagine "The Heist" in third person. Hiding inside that giant monitor would have been completely immersion breaking and would not have given me that added fear of getting caught while(SPOILER ALERT) Daddy Arasaka gets killed

Last edited by a moderator:
[...]
I've finished the game, rushed it a bit to be honest. Right now I'm playing the game a second time with a bit more sidemissions because I like the story, but not because of the perspective. If this is how it's going to be for potential sequels, then I'd rather see them creating the next Witcher game. Still my number one franchise by the way.

Lastly, again... No cook decides how I should eat my dishes.
Same goes how I should immerse myself. To know there was a time that I liked that, now overused, word....

Last edited by a moderator:
Not 100% sure if is available now or soon, but there is a mod designed for 3rd person on PC. Might want to have a look if you are on that platform and now how to use mods...

I have nothing against first person, i think its pretty good BUT only if you are able to see your character in some cutscenes and have actual mirror in the world. The only way for us to see our character now is to pause the game or to run to a bathroom. Doesnt really sound good to me. You cant even see a good shadow of yourself from the sun. No reflection of windows, water or things like that. Takes away a lot of immersion and does make customization of the character in form of clothing useless.

Not 100% sure if is available now or soon, but there is a mod designed for 3rd person on PC. Might want to have a look if you are on that platform and now how to use mods...
Are you referring to that youtube video from cineagle? I used to follow it from day one, but soon it became clear to me that cineagle isn't planning to release such a mod. He doesn't even share how he did it, like he was just doing it for bragging rights. And indeed the following days cineagle and his video pops up in 101 artciles about a 3rd person mod in the making. Now youtube is littered with copies of said video as clickbait.

I was following other modders, making real attempts, who were communicating with each other at the comments section of cineagle's video. But after a week or so comments were disabled before those modders resorted to other ways of communicating. Last time I've checked they were progressing with baby steps.

Are you referring to that youtube video from cineagle? I used to follow it from day one, but soon it became clear to me that cineagle isn't planning to release such a mod. He doesn't even share how he did it, like he was just doing it for bragging rights. And indeed the next days cineagle and his video pops up in 101 artciles about a 3rd person mod in the making. Now youtube is littered with copies of said video as clickbait.

I was following other modders, making real attempts, who were communicating with each other at the comments section of cineagle's video. But after a week or so comments were disabled before those modders resorted to other ways of communicating. Last time I've checked they were progressing with baby steps.

Very much appreciated and respect to ya for being a helpful community member.

Love when people approach posts and replies as you have just done. Thanks Choom ;)

Maybe one day we'll get a modded 3rd person, but to be honest all of the modding and it's endless posibilites will all take quite some time. Hell, it took Skyrim years to get a decent archive going and massive options = here's hoping the same happens for Cyberpunk. Something to look forward to down the road if CDPR doesn't fix and add things themselves...

Love the Modding Community for that and look forward to designing my own when i can afford another decent gaming rig :(

Cyberpunk currently destroys my older PC, so stuck playing on PS4 PRO for now.

Some content deleted. Rule #1 is kindness and respect, so please keep that in mind when posting on the forums.
I saw that some comments have been altered, including one of mine. I can only add that my response was based on action and reaction. Though I also realize such sparks can get out of hand very fast.

Last edited:
Here's the thing. 3rd person has it's place in a lot of games. Especially single player action games. Would it work with Cyberpunk? Sure, it absolutely would but if they are planning on adding multiplayer, which we don't know exactly what they are planning, pvp wise, it would make sense to stay first person only as that keeps it the most balanced as third person just becomes a corning peeking joke. End of the day it's CDPR's decision on if they want to add a third person camera or not.

At first I trust CDPR they choose FPS view because immersive but now I know why.
CDPR already know they can't do FPS and TPS view together in time that why direction game go to FPS only, They can save costs, work time such Animation, motion capture, facial expression, cutscene on TPS view and so much if they choose FPS only.

It strange at the first place you can customize your character with a ton of costume but you can see your hand only.

Here's the thing. 3rd person has it's place in a lot of games. Especially single player action games. Would it work with Cyberpunk? Sure, it absolutely would but if they are planning on adding multiplayer, which we don't know exactly what they are planning, pvp wise, it would make sense to stay first person only as that keeps it the most balanced as third person just becomes a corning peeking joke. End of the day it's CDPR's decision on if they want to add a third person camera or not.
I don't think TPP for the main game won't work either. The game was just designed around FPP. Some quest items are way too tiny that you actually need to zoom in to scan and/or pick them up, turning to face multiple people during cross conversations would be clunky in TPP, and some spaces are too cramped to accommodate even a close shoulder camera.

Top Bottom