The studio needs our support!

+
I mean, I would love nothing more than to see this game rise to be the thing we have been expecting and cheer them on every step as they do it.. but it is hard when we barely hear anything from official sources.

The uncertainty of many things in the game is what causes people to raise their voice and sharpen their pitchforks. Will the censorships ever be lifted? What are the plans of to include cut(?) content, what all is to be expected?

What I mean that people need somesort of assurance that everything will be ok.

I do support CDPR and it's amazing DEV team, but with that said = the only thing they as a company could ever ask us as consumers after release is to be patient and wait... And hope their consumers stick around on faith.

Radio silence a la Rockstar style or NMS will not suffice after i have examined & explored this product for +165 hrs.

I will do my part to bug report + share analytics + suggestions, but with that said...

I have been gaming for +35 years and i refuse to sit back and not openly call shit as it clearly and truthfully is. I honestly wish more people would follow the same logic, because at the end of the day, it isn't the price tag of the game that holds pertinance = it's all the hrs / days / weeks/ months of your life you invest and put into these games (that holds more weight to me than any price tag)

CDPR needs to start doing more damage control in the means of more community communication NOW and not CORPO / industry pander + double speak & hollow apologies periodically / way late down the road or at all...

Deny + Omit + radio silence and vague info drops use to work for me and most gamers when we relied on faith and trust in our given games team and i was yet an adult, but those days are near extinct...

DO NOT get it twisted = i do not blame the devs or say the things i do to disparage them. Far from it, i do it because the last 10 years of gaming has excelled in graphics & creations, but with every year that passes = consumer practices + honest communication + just practices + trust factors / levels + etc + quality of assurances and discord. Have all diminished with every year that passes... At least for all the OG gamers that have grown up and experienced the industry shift over the years and decades.

You need to talk to us CDPR = don't say what we want to hear + don't pander and make more promises that may be impossible... Just communicate with all of us that are putting faith and trust in you still, even after everything.

This should be PARAMOUNT and of up most concern and priority.

Last edited:
The fault of this game is not that it's not perfect. It's that it is painfully mediocre.

This mediocrity would be alleviated if there were actual choices and consequences, if the dialogues and lifepaths actually mattered. If it's not a good RPG, and certainly it's not a good action/adventure or sandbox (because of the lack of systems), then what is this game good at?

Fixing it requires much more than bugfixing. It requires a reworking of quests and gameplay systems. We can give all the support we want, but they dropped the ball hard. They deceived their customers and released an half backed product with things that are just not acceptable from AAA games in 2020. They need to show that they want to complete the game. The reputation on the studio lies on this. Who is going to be hyped about their future project after such an awful release?
If only all mediocre game would be like Cyberpunk. If I consider the RPGs that I played in the past year, Kingdom Come Deliverance, Outer Worlds, Divinitry 2, Greedfall, and PoE Deadfire, Cyberpunk beats them all (although Kingdome Come is a close second).

They already sold 13 million copies of this game.
I let you count how much money it makes.
Do you want to start a fundraising support for them?
In my opinion, this is a nice game but ruined by so many bugs until now!
Just check it there to see all the bugs reported: https://forums.cdprojektred.com/index.php?threads/screenshots-of-bugs-in-the-game.11042096/
The company management is responsible to release the game in hurry without a real and serious debug phase.
Loosing faith in CDPR may be more harmful in the long run.
Pity because I'm sure 90% of the dev team has done a great job...

If there ever was a time this studio, this team needed our support, now is that time.
I pre-ordered this game. And she didn't even demand a refund when it turned out that this was not a game, but a disaster. Isn't that enough?
This is not enough and now I still need to morally support this corporation?
I've supported her for far too long, justifying every decision and every piece of cut content since 2019.
I can't support them anymore.

Don't worry, the complaints here luckily only account for a minority...the rest are busy playing the game. The toxic ones are always the most vocal so they seem to be more than they actually are and for many it's to their benefit for click baits or views. Keep giving the devs your support, I'm sure posts like these go a long way in letting them know they did a lot of things right despite some flaws.

Really now... those who make their dissatisfaction with this poor excuse for a finished product known are the toxic ones? I beg to differ! Sure those who curse and yell threats, insults and ad hominems are toxic, but those are the true minority and who cares about those lunatics! There are tons of legitimate criticisms to be made about this game... and those far outweigh any lunatics who believes their 60 bucks spent on a game entitles them to be pieces of shit! There are sooo many constructive criticisms here... CDPR better be thankful for those! Few if any developer could ever hope to get this kind of constructive feedback after such a botched product launch!

They already sold 13 million copies of this game.
I let you count how much money it makes.
Do you want to start a fundraising support for them?
In my opinion, this is a nice game but ruined by so many bugs until now!
Just check it there to see all the bugs reported: https://forums.cdprojektred.com/index.php?threads/screenshots-of-bugs-in-the-game.11042096/
The company management is responsible to release the game in hurry without a real and serious debug phase.
Loosing faith in CDPR may be more harmful in the long run.
Pity because I'm sure 90% of the dev team has done a great job...
Bugs are sadly not the only problems the game suffers from.. or else it wouldnt be as much of a problem as it is now. Ive just found a video, where a person is standing on the trainrails and then goes to one of the stations and enters them.. (the doors are open) It made me really wonder, that they really planed it but just dropped it. Once you enter the building its a glitchy room.
But that alone shows us and is proof of them just releasing the game too early and cutting content here and there.. i mean.. everywhere.
Look here:

I can FEEL your ANGER. Strike CDPR down with all of your HATRED and your journey to the DARKSIDE will be complete. Your hate has made you powerful. Let the hate flow through you and take your place among dark companies like activision, ubisoft, epic games, microsoft and ea. Everything is going as they have foreseen.

They got our support from people purchasing their product. CDPR created this fiasco and they deserve nothing further from anyone until they produce the product their marketing and interviews said we would get. This is a multimillion-dollar company, not some individual going through a bad spot in life. As it stands right now they are no better than any other developer over-promising and not delivering, they even went so far as to take jabs at other developers for their underhanded practices. The sad part is that even if they add in all the stuff and bring the game to where it was supposed to be they will never regain the level of trust from the community they had before. The game as it stands now is mediocre, shallow, and full of unrealized potential like so many games by other devs. The worst part is that I was truly hoping this game would be great and the loss of faith now that CDPR is just another dev putting out a half-baked product is making me consider hanging up gaming.

DCPR is a multiBILLION-dollar company... billion... with a "B"... but that is my only criticism of your comment! Nothing more to add!

Maybe the Studio shouldn't have tried to fkk up in the first place then?
They have most of our support through the money for the game that we did not have refunded, yet!

CDPR knew what they had from the start and tried to sell it on a wider scale. Some people did not see eye to eye and enjoyed the game as much.

Personally i do not care. i payed like $45 for it. its like four packs of smokes. So instead of finishing this game im enjoying myself with one of the most broken games ever and i have the unedited game discs to prove it!

I have gotten from trying to platinum this game to trash it completely. The more OP weapons and armor i get the more fun it becomes.

Its like rolling a tank over unarmed enemies.

No this game is just about exploration and fun finding stuff that someone have missed.

CDPR had my support for many many years and even if they release Witcher 4 it will take some real convincing to do, not hype, but convincing with real graphics and real gameplay no matter on what system its released for.

13 million units sold even with refunds. IMAGINE if this game was shipped in the way it was supposed to. Stellar game with great graphics, superb story and no bugs nor glitches.

If that were the case i would have bought TWO copies of CP2077 for both my systems and merch to boot!

Now Cyberbug 77 have to suffice!

I can FEEL your ANGER. Strike CDPR down with all of your HATRED and your journey to the DARKSIDE will be complete. Your hate has made you powerful. Let the hate flow through you and take your place among dark companies like activision, ubisoft, epic games, microsoft and ea. Everything is going as they have foreseen.
Dew it!

I gave them enough support with my $60 I won’t be getting back.

I am giving them more support than they should be allowed for giving them the benefit of the doubt that they might make the game NOT crash every other hour and maybe—MAYBE make the game back into what we were promised.

They don’t need any more support from us. We’ve paid them for a product that wasn’t as advertised. The burden is on them to actually deliver the product as advertised, even if it takes half a year to do so.

Regardless of what they do, I may never buy another product from them again, especially on launch.

honestly, the only time I pre-ordered a game that wasn't broken or unfinished on release was with Resident Evil 2 Remake and Final Fantasy 7 Remake. But then again, the japanese might release bad games, but they very rarely release broken unfinished games.

I'm so tired of these companies manipulating us. And what is worse about CDPR's case is that they straight up promised the game was gonna be ready, that the console version was working fine and even took jabs at other companies for rushing out games. There's even a shard in Cyberpunk of someone criticizing unfinished games LOL

I didn't refund, I'm hoping the patches will make the game play better, but the trust for a future pre-order is 100% gone.

I know how you guys feel. My sister told me Santa wasn't real this year. I don't think I'll ever trust her again. How can she lie that bad.

Pilling more and more hate on Cyberpunk seems to have become the norm and it shouldn't be.

I’m not one to ”hate” videogames or their developers, but sometimes it just has to be said straight when things are bad.

There is a constructive way of laying the criticism out, though, harsh as it may be otherwise.

Drop the multiplayer plan entirely, it is not CDPR's cup of tea. They write stories not open-world multiplayer content. I think folks also need to manage their expectations better. At least one of the of the planned features that was scraped was impossible to implement on anything. That is the fashion system. People want more gear and clothes and I agree with that, but we currently have 6 clothing slots + that optional outfit slot. If there are say 15 choices for each slot, that gets us over 150 million outfit combinations that have to be calculated by every reactant NPC to determine how they react to your outfit, and it has to be done for each NPC in a scene in real time.

If they add in more individual pieces they could do a more limited outfit system where instead of reacting to you based off the clothes you wear, each piece is assigned a value and stat (cool, intimidating, intellectual, grungy and edgy for instance) and the NPCs react to the stat that is highest based off your current value, that might be doable, much more so than the fashion system most people are referring to where they react to the outfits based off the actual visual appeal, and it gives modder's a good framework to work within.

Really I just want better AI, apartments (and the ability to decorate them), some improvements to factions, some balance patches for enemies AND the player (netrunning needs to either be toned down for the player or buffed to all hell for the enemies) and more story content, both side and main quest content. Flesh out the gangs (via quest lines and missions), fill more of the interiors and unlock some of the damned doors around the map, add more stuff for working for and against the corpo's and maybe add some missions to resolve the issues introduced at the end of the game.

Moving away LOL. There are at least 200k players active at any time today on Steam alone.

Moving away LOL. There are at least 200k players active at any time today on Steam alone.

- in that crap called CS, too :) on GTA V (i hate this) too.... XD its not a parameter... we have 200k with some imagination :) For a game that claimed to be the 'game of the decade', that was the minimum ...

Top Bottom