This guy nailed it!

+
Why would I watch another 33 min of garbage starting by biching about joytoys?
Get your stuff together.
Don't spread random shit lying around the internet, encumbering people's valuable neural circuits, when some other people have actual writing and/or oral delivery skills.

It's mostly not about the truth, the three reviews I mentionned are cautious ones. While overall praising the game, they mention many issues in a constructive manner.
This is about raising the bar for criticism.
OP's review and yours come directly from the main subreddit at its worst state in time, like 10 days ago. There is /r/lowsodiumcyberpunk too dude.

Whoever sows wind, reaps storms. I am one of those who maintain my support for CDPR, despite the giant - perhaps incorrigible - mistakes surrounding Cyberpunk. I have 200 hours in the game and not because CDPR provided me with that, I run away from their content, except for the city and some fighting. I hope to have another 200 hours but that doesn't change a simple fact: game design, in general, is something horrible, designed to fail, planned to go wrong at all levels, from artistic, to plot or technical. It was thought and idealized in a 'small' way, mediocre, copying and pasting things from games like GTA ... WD (Ubi) etc ... without any originality, nothing. Were you afraid to dare? I don't think, they just thought about this game financially. Only that, here the problem was born, in the conception of a script, of an idea.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm agree too.
It is a good game, they done very great job in certain aspects, but I cannot enjoy it fully. Like Johnny say in game, when you cut something, it left a hole.
This game has too many hole, too many unfinish, cut or mess up function and feature. Together it create bumpy road and unsatisfied journey.
I found one review pretty good too, but it is in Chinese. Basically the reviewer say the main problems are not bugs, and most of them are NOT bugs, they are product of flaw designs. Dev might knew them but cannot simply fix them.

This game cannot be fixed
the game itself is fucking good and no one can change this fact ,the main story/side quests and even some of the gigs are phenomenal and on par of the quality from the witcher 3 ,with that said if a game like NMS was eventually improved i cant see why this game cant be ,there is a masterpiece and even a goat material Cdpr can salvage it by adding back some of the missing content and having more Expansions/Dlcs and more side stories ,the more important question is that is Cdpr going to do that or not?
Post automatically merged:

garbage review, too long, biching on false points. but he does have some right obv, to various extents, like not enough "relevant" choices.
Preferred CohhCarnage and Girlfriend and even Skillup reviews way better
100% agree i was expecting a very generic "this game bad" review when i saw Cohncarnage but his review was 100% spot on and i really wish Cdpr would watch it

the game itself is fucking good and no one can change this fact ,the main story/side quests and even some of the gigs are phenomenal and on par of the quality from the witcher 3 ,with that said if a game like NMS was eventually improved i cant see why this game cant be ,there is a masterpiece and even a goat material Cdpr can salvage it by adding back some of the missing content and having more Expansions/Dlcs and more side stories ,the more important question is that is Cdpr going to do that or not?

100% agree i was expecting a very generic "this game bad" review when i saw Cohncarnage but his review was 100% spot on and i really wish Cdpr would watch it

The game have a huge potential, but, its not 'good' - at last, to me. Be or not to be good its not a 'rules'... its a 'opinion'. :)

I like toned down reviews. Since there is a lot of clickbait bullshit going on with Cyberpunk videos. It's seriosuly not that easy to find fair take on problems with this game.

Cyberpunk has a lot of masterfuly done features, and yes - a lot of cut content, bugs , shitty AI etc.
But still, If someone just pointing out exclusively only bad things, it's not a review but rant. Big difference.

EDIT : That guy who "nailed it " was already incorrect 2 min into the video.

Last edited:
I like toned down reviews. Since there is a lot of clickbait bullshit going on with Cyberpunk videos. It's seriosuly not that easy to find fair take on problems with this game.

Cyberpunk has a lot of masterfuly done features, and yes - a lot of cut content, bugs , shitty AI etc.
But still, If someone just pointing out exclusively only bad things, it's not a review but rant. Big difference.

But those who built this whole expectation were the executives and directors of CDPR. They who said or spoke in a game never done before, etc ... and presented something that has always been done before and, don that is CP, at that moment, the worst version of what these games were in the past ... nothing can work without immense problems in CP ... from performance to mechanics to the idea of history. It's a 'done' that ...

I agree with most of what he said, I do however not agree with the lack of set items being an issue. Set items does nothing good for RPG games except ruining the loot system.

The more I think about CP, I can't help to feel like this is a game where CDPR have to simply fix as much of it as they can in regards to bugs and general mechanics. If possible they have to go make it so choices actually matters.

And when all that is done, they have to release tools for modding and I mean tools which allow for almost complete control of the game. And they would have to then work closely together with the modding community in fixing the game, because there are so much stuff that need to be added to this game, if they are to even come close to what they promised would be in the game. And a strong modding community could fix the game for them and maybe help them redeem some of the goodwill and reduce the disappointment and broken promises that they delivered with this release. Alternatively they could release a sandbox version of the game to the community free of charge, which would allow modders to make their own CP game, using the assets found in it. And then simply release more content down the line for people to play with in the game.

I really don't know how CDPR are going to make up for what they have created in any other way as it is now. This release is going to hurt them for a very long time, unless they don't completely rethink their strategy or put in a huge amount of effort, delivering what was promised to people.

卡住了兩個級別,一個是老朋友,另一個僅是由於東風

There are two levels stuck, one is an old friend and the other is only due to Dongfeng

There are two levels stuck, one is an old friend and the other is only due to Dongfeng

卡住了兩個級別,一個是老朋友,另一個僅是由於東風

Prety hard to translate it, "Stuck on two levels, one is an old friend, the other is due to the east wind" :)

I agree with the video 100%, sadly. This game cannot be fixed, too much cut content, period. If CDPR proves me wrong I'll eat my own shoe, cooked and all and post it. That's a promise I'll actually keep.

I won't go that far but i promise if you make that a reality i instantly subscribe for life.

Does the game have too much content? I cleared the entire map on Very Hard in about 80 or so hours, and I wasn't particularly fast. If anything, I'd be interested in there being yet more content, especially main story and Sinnerman / I Fought The Law - caliber sidequests.

7/10

I had to stop watching his review halfway through because he wouldn't stop saying the L-Word. It's bad enough that people today don't know how to use it correctly, but repetition is even worse.

The game have a huge potential, but, its not 'good' - at last, to me. Be or not to be good its not a 'rules'... its a 'opinion'. :)
im not here to judge your opinion or something ,but when it comes to quest design ,characters ,worldbuilding,world design and writing its really as good as it gets ,dont get me wrong like the witcher 3 im very critical of this game it had alot of wasted potential and piss poor design decisions made with this game ,but looking past them i really enjoyed my time with it

im not here to judge your opinion or something ,but when it comes to quest design ,characters ,worldbuilding,world design and writing its really as good as it gets ,dont get me wrong like the witcher 3 im very critical of this game it had alot of wasted potential and piss poor design decisions made with this game ,but looking past them i really enjoyed my time with it

Can I give you a simple example that this is not accurate?

I have already commented on other topics, illustrating as follows: 'crowd'. a problem in Cyberpunk, from mechanics to performance ... it was easy to mitigate that with the plot, changing the story, using elements of the climate to avoid crowds (performance). Limiting codes by regions or groups, according to the plot. but they preferred the easy way, a mediocre code, general, about, that didn't work or is, at least, ridiculous. I know this code, it was even exposed and it even has MOD on it, trying to correct this nonsense.

Simple, a narrative idea used to mitigate problems. This is called the lack of creativity of Game Design Directors.

I'm Curious.
Do you guys think Cyberpunk 2077 is salvageable? Like can they Fix the Game up to finally meet Expectations and to go through with their Promises? I mean not Including Updates and Hot Fixes for the Bug and Glitches all around. But like Re including A lot of the Cut Features and Content they Bragged About so much.
Or
Would it be better that they Basically Ditch this Current Version of this Game and Finish the Second Version of the Game All The Way without taking any Short Cuts and Cutting Features, Least that's Reasonable. People can Still get their Refunds Of course, whether they can Keep the now Dated Game is up to CDPR.

Personally, i feel like the Second would be the Better Option for them. Though i honestly don't know what would the Ramifications would be if they choose to do so. Their already in deep Hot Water with their Investors and already undergoing an Investigation for a Potential Law Suite, plus they already gain Millions from Pre Order Sales. To suddenly Announce that their Ditching that Cyberpunk Game to Make and Finish another Version that would be better is a bit of a Gamble. Could cost them much more money and PR Nightmare. I don't know. I think for them to pull this off, they would HAVE to be Honest this time with everyone. To their Investors, their Fans and their Consumers. If it worked for FFIV, and others. Then it could work for CDPR.
IMO, the game is sadly NOT salvageable. Not entirely in any case...It all boils down to resources, meaning time, money and manpower. Money, the company is already facing lawsuits, has to pay bonuses with metacritic shenanigans, the cost of adding major features like cutscenes (which I know they said they scrapped, but I find that decision moronic), CGI costs, actors and sound recording costs, going through all the process of optimizing said new features on all platforms, and all the other features on the laundry list. Nah...not happening. I know they already turned in a profit with the record breaking sales but let's be real, it's not feasible from a financial point of view. The AI overhaul is the least of their problems... As for time, I've read somewhere on this forum that they are already being pressured by investors about the multiplayer aspect of the game...anything to sqeeze out more money. Time is not on their side....The only thing they have going for them is the manpower, namely the devs... and even that aspect is encumbered by erratic decisions and uninspired game designs (from a technical point of view, the artistic design is on point).

It's way too soon to conclude yet, but the way I see it, they will patch the game and squash the majority of the bugs, add some minor features like "facial reconstruction" option at all the ripperdocs or tweak some "A.I." and say they overhauled it, release some idiotic free DLCs like "Alternative look for Judy Alvarez" or "Legendary laser katana", pretend they turned it into the masterpiece it was supposed to be and then get on with the story-driven DLCs and multiplayer to sell to fanboys and girls....sure, they might make the game average, presentable, but they will never be able to mask the bitter taste of the current situation. A smart thing they could do is make the game mod friendly, so that the community may fix the game themselves (bless the modders hearts).

I wish they will prove me wrong, I really do. I want to see that famous CDPR resolve and commitment, and who knows, maybe they will pull a "No Man's Sky" or a "Sonic the Hedgehog" redemption arc...highly unlikely tho.

Can I give you a simple example that this is not accurate?

I have already commented on other topics, illustrating as follows: 'crowd'. a problem in Cyberpunk, from mechanics to performance ... it was easy to mitigate that with the plot, changing the story, using elements of the climate to avoid crowds (performance). Limiting codes by regions or groups, according to the plot. but they preferred the easy way, a mediocre code, general, about, that didn't work or is, at least, ridiculous. I know this code, it was even exposed and it even has MOD on it, trying to correct this nonsense.

Simple, a narrative idea used to mitigate problems. This is called the lack of creativity of Game Design Directors.
this happens with so many games so i guess these other games are bad aswell right?

IMO, the game is sadly NOT salvageable. Not entirely in any case...It all boils down to resources, meaning time, money and manpower. Money, the company is already facing lawsuits, has to pay bonuses with metacritic shenanigans, the cost of adding major features like cutscenes (which I know they said they scrapped, but I find that decision moronic), CGI costs, actors and sound recording costs, going through all the process of optimizing said new features on all platforms, and all the other features on the laundry list. Nah...not happening. I know they already turned in a profit with the record breaking sales but let's be real, it's not feasible from a financial point of view. The AI overhaul is the least of their problems... As for time, I've read somewhere on this forum that they are already being pressured by investors about the multiplayer aspect of the game...anything to sqeeze out more money. Time is not on their side....The only thing they have going for them is the manpower, namely the devs... and even that aspect is encumbered by erratic decisions and uninspired game designs (from a technical point of view, the artistic design is on point).

It's way too soon to conclude yet, but the way I see it, they will patch the game and squash the majority of the bugs, add some minor features like "facial reconstruction" option at all the ripperdocs or tweak some "A.I." and say they overhauled it, release some idiotic free DLCs like "Alternative look for Judy Alvarez" or "Legendary laser katana", pretend they turned it into the masterpiece it was supposed to be and then get on with the story-driven DLCs and multiplayer to sell to fanboys and girls....sure, they might make the game average, presentable, but they will never be able to mask the bitter taste of the current situation. A smart thing they could do is make the game mod friendly, so that the community may fix the game themselves (bless the modders hearts).

I wish they will prove me wrong, I really do. I want to see that famous CDPR resolve and commitment, and who knows, maybe they will pull a "No Man's Sky" or a "Sonic the Hedgehog" redemption arc...highly unlikely tho.
I was Afraid of that. The Multiplayer I was Curious about, but now seeing the way the game is. I'm more worried that their going to Ditch this Game as a Whole and just Entirely work on the Multiplayer ver of Cyberpunk 2077. From what i heard, CDPR has a Separate Studio or working with a Separate Studio to work on the Multiplayer Version. But it still worried me that their just going to really Ignore the Base Game Cyberpunk 2077, Half Assing DLC and Expansion and just Really Fix Bugs and Glitches all the while putting all their Remaining Money and Effort on the Multiplayer. Im pretty Worried their going to do what Rockstar did with GTA V.
It's weird really, Playing the game now and seeing all their Articles and Demos of Cyberpunk 2077 Before. It's like we Either got an Early build of Cyberpunk or the Multiplayer Build of it, seeing how much of a Looter Shooter it is. Personally at least.

Top Bottom