Consequences ?

+
Has anyone realized there are no direct or post consequences when you complete a mission in the style of Wither 3 ?
Someone sent me the official guide flow chart screens and it looks like you get endings based on latest questions.

Is this considered again fake advertising ?

You dont get "endings" based of questions, the majority is based of whether or not you did a relevant questline, the "secret" ending adds a combination of dialogue choices to johnny, thats all

If you dont do panams questline after helman, you dont get nomad ending

If you dont indulge johnnys sidequests, you dont get johnny/rogue or secret ending

Etc etc

Yes, fake advertising at a scope not previously seen in gaming.
That's a bit of an overstatement.
Never before seen on part of CDPR - which is why their rep is all but gone.

But No Mans Sky did that, so did Anthem... so "in gaming" (as a general statement) is a bit much. ;)

Too bad not everyone considers the same endings the "good" ones.

Yeah but not all endings should be good, theres a good one there, for myself, and the rest, as i said, i wouldn't consider bad endings just wrong choices

That's a bit of an overstatement.
Never before seen on part of CDPR - which is why their rep is all but gone.

But No Mans Sky did that, so did Anthem... so "in gaming" (as a general statement) is a bit much. ;)
I understand that but those games are not story-heavy. No Man's Sky can be played infinitely more then Cyberpunk so for many the experience will be ruined the first time, and for most the only time, they play Cyberpunk. The only way this game can be saved is if they open it to the modding community, and I would rather pay modders to fix it then CD. I will never give them my money again.

Yeah but not all endings should be good, theres a good one there, for myself, and the rest, as i said, i wouldn't consider bad endings just wrong choices

A small indie game like Life is Strange is so much more satisfying in terms of choice and consequences.

What does this mean?
If there is only 1 "good" ending, and the rest are wrong choices, then it's not really a proper RPG, is it?
If you essentially have to go 1 way, otherwise you are being punished for it, then again player agency doesn't have much role in this game.
But again, I don't consider any of the endings good for my taste. So I pretty much have no motivation to do the quests after the point of no return until DLCs prove that at least one of the endings have positive consequences.

The only way this game can be saved is if they open it to the modding community, and I would rather pay modders to fix it then CD. I will never give them my money again.

No mod can solve the lack of choices / consequences. I have little to no hopes to see expansions changing that (let's not talk about the MP mode).

We can always fantasize a "No Man Sky" scenario where the team would implement city interactions, fix the AI, improve the storyline by adding choices / consequences mechanics, expanding on all the wasted opportunities (gangs like the Mox or VDBs, characters like Evelyne or Jackie), new endings based on your relation with gangs or characters, etc.

But let's be realistic : CDPR isn't the "chosen one" and they won't realize each of our desires.

Unlike Hello Games, CDPR had a pretty solid reputation among gamers.
Now they've lost in a month what took decades to build.

What does this mean?
If there is only 1 "good" ending, and the rest are wrong choices, then it's not really a proper RPG, is it?
If you essentially have to go 1 way, otherwise you are being punished for it, then again player agency doesn't have much role in this game.
But again, I don't consider any of the endings good for my taste. So I pretty much have no motivation to do the quests after the point of no return until DLCs prove that at least one of the endings have positive consequences.

It's not a RPG, not anymore, it's a action/adventure game with some rpg elements.

Im saying theres one "good" ending for me and the rest show me the consequences of picking them.
If i choose any Johnny ending, i loose everyone that matters to me. Me as in V

If i go Arasake im responsible for bringing back Saburo.

If i go Nomand (my choice) i get to be with everyone V cares about, theres a great chance the live happily and Yorinobo is left to bring down Arasaka from within.

My storys about V, not about Johnny, my V takes responsibility for there own actions (blue pill) and doesnt pass them of to Johnny (red pill) nor blindly put there trust in a corporation thats got anything but V's interests, my V trusts those they class as friends and family and has proven they would walk into hell for them multiple times, friends/family know that and would do the same.

It's not a RPG, not anymore, it's a action/adventure game with some rpg elements.

Im saying theres one "good" ending for me and the rest show me the consequences of picking them.
If i choose any Johnny ending, i loose everyone that matters to me. Me as in V

If i go Arasake im responsible for bringing back Saburo.

If i go Nomand (my choice) i get to be with everyone V cares about, theres a great chance the live happily and Yorinobo is left to bring down Arasaka from within.

My storys about V, not about Johnny, my V takes responsibility for there own actions (blue pill) and doesnt pass them of to Johnny (red pill) nor blindly put there trust in a corporation thats got anything but V's interests, my V trusts those they class as friends and family and has proven they would walk into hell for them multiple times, friends/family know that and would do the same.
Then I probably should just accept that the game is not for me. Not anymore.
The thing is, the endings and story have much more nuance to them than what you are saying. I'm sure you are aware of them.
The use of soul killer for example a huge red flag for me because the game doesn't explain properly what effect would it have on V. It didn't do a good job in seeling it as a valid solution.
Tbf... I am really just trying to wind down after being let down by the game and move on from it. I suppose Baldur's Gate 3 will be more along the lines what I wish from an RPG.

Then I probably should just accept that the game is not for me. Not anymore.
The thing is, the endings and story have much more nuance to them than what you are saying. I'm sure you are aware of them.
The use of soul killer for example a huge red flag for me because the game doesn't explain properly what effect would it have on V. It didn't do a good job in seeling it as a valid solution.
Tbf... I am really just trying to wind down after being let down by the game and move on from it. I suppose Baldur's Gate 3 will be more along the lines what I wish from an RPG.

I dont think to much on it, i sit, i play and i enjoy and just take whats giving to me, every game i've played theres inconsistencies in writing, lore etc etc and i've no doubt theres as much here.

I dont take Alt on its word, nor Johnny, to me Alt will probably turn out to be the "big bad" i feel it is and for me not everything needs explained, what i was shown was enough and what i was shown was V finally happy and then a message from Misty (who the game repeatedly tells you is never wrong and proven not to be) doing a last reading saying V lives a long life.

It's no perfect, nothing ever is, theres changes i'd make and i'd still prefer a ending which is a tad different, but it is what it is and i can work with it, aswell as the others, to play characters through the game and be, if not over the moon, satisfied with how i leave them.

I was never one for hype so i was never really let down, just frustrated by bugs and the initial "end" i had chosen, but the more i played and the more i read, listened and explored the dialogue the more i liked the game. It's no perfect by a big margin and could've been left to cook awhile longer but whats there i enjoy and hopefully if there giving the time to flesh the world out, build on the characters and yes maybe even expand upon the end hopefully you'll enjoy it to, so that said maybe the best course of action for you personally is put it down and pick it back up at a later date, theres no shame in it and if it means you finally get to play the game you wanted then ultimately it was the correct choice

I understand that but those games are not story-heavy.
Yes - but it comes down to false marketing. Advertise one thing, and sell another thing. That sort of thing happened already, sadly. Heck, it happens on a regular basis (where trailers are expertly cut to show the best set-pieces), but most of the time the "marketing lies" aren't as severe as they were here in case of CP77. :(

Top Bottom