Does anyone like this autoleveled loot mechanics?

+
Loot mechanics arent that bad but not that good either.. something def needs a bit of tweak and room for improvements

I just treat it like Borderlands. Upgrade my gear with new stuf whenever something good drops and ignore the rarity. Perhaps that later in the game I will delve into upgrading Iconic weapons that I like though.

Am i the only one not using floor loot oO. The only problem is the exponential material cost to upgrade.

Loot mechanics are bit odd 90% time drops white stuff while ocasionally several golden ones altought considering weak guns I keep Lizzie as backup it just tears anything it meets =)

Loot mechanics feel like grind and no item feels really special. Its all about stats and constantly finding slightly better gear with every quest.

Which also means V looks like a clown, cause none of the clothes and equipment fit together.

Tiered weapons and leveling enemies suck........................period. For the very good reasons mentioned by the OP.

In the case of leveling enemies------------you leveling up is pointless. e.g. You make level 2--the enemies make level 2. You make level 3--the enemies make level 3. What's the point?

A secondary issue of the "leveling/scaled" enemies system is it allows the Devs/Script Writers to take what "appears" to be an open world, and effectively make it a "semi linear" world; by virtue of the player being unable to defeat upscaled enemies in specific areas of the game world. You can tourist all you want in City Center BUT DON'T engae in combat or you'll get your *** handed to you.

Tiered weapons are even more senseless than leveling enemies. e.g. Early on I bought a Legendary katana with 3 mod slots---filled them with more damage, increased chance of crit, and more crit damage. It's a BEAST!!

A day or two later; I've leveled my character up and recover a "uncommon" katana from a dead enemy. The freakin' thing; WITH no MODS; does 150-175 base damage more than my "Legendary" katana i blew all those eddies on! As the kids say........................WTFlip??!!

Not to mention the hours and hours of fun I've had being a "Salvage Yard" Manager. Constantly p***ing around with my inventory to come up with parts to make "Awesome Sauce" to rub on my weapons and/or clothes to upgrade them------only to get another similar item that has higher base damage or armor.

Hopefully, if and when the modding community gets going; there will be mods available to address some of these issues.

Tiered weapons and leveling enemies suck........................period. For the very good reasons mentioned by the OP.

In the case of leveling enemies------------you leveling up is pointless. e.g. You make level 2--the enemies make level 2. You make level 3--the enemies make level 3. What's the point?

A secondary issue of the "leveling/scaled" enemies system is it allows the Devs/Script Writers to take what "appears" to be an open world, and effectively make it a "semi linear" world; by virtue of the player being unable to defeat upscaled enemies in specific areas of the game world. You can tourist all you want in City Center BUT DON'T engae in combat or you'll get your *** handed to you.

Tiered weapons are even more senseless than leveling enemies. e.g. Early on I bought a Legendary katana with 3 mod slots---filled them with more damage, increased chance of crit, and more crit damage. It's a BEAST!!

A day or two later; I've leveled my character up and recover a "uncommon" katana from a dead enemy. The freakin' thing; WITH no MODS; does 150-175 base damage more than my "Legendary" katana i blew all those eddies on! As the kids say........................WTFlip??!!

Not to mention the hours and hours of fun I've had being a "Salvage Yard" Manager. Constantly p***ing around with my inventory to come up with parts to make "Awesome Sauce" to rub on my weapons and/or clothes to upgrade them------only to get another similar item that has higher base damage or armor.

Hopefully, if and when the modding community gets going; there will be mods available to address some of these issues.
I have set my V to Level 50(via Console) right at the start of the Game. Nothing is different. Everything scales with you. Every Enemy, very Quest, every Loot drop.

I have to admit it's even more fun, because every time you find something cool, you can keep it as long as you want.

Unbelievable how many mistakes CDPR made in the whole balancing and progression of the Game.

Even at Level 50 all Enemy's are Bullet sponges for the first 7 hours. After that you have the Equip and one shoot every thing and Everyone espect Bossmobs.

They should have just used a static system. That you can sensibly balacen. Just like with all Pan and Paper RPGs (Cyberpunk 2020, Shadowrun etc etc) "Deues Ex" also has a static system and still you have progress.

It'd a lootee system that resembles borderlands that is set in place for multiplayer.

Its tries to negate the issue of being outdated in a few levels by allowing you to upgrade, but it requires somd balance changes in order to make it work.
I personally love the loot system, I also make suggestions on how to improve it in my signature.

Crafting and upgrading need to be available in game for money form an npc so people don't always have to go tech. The ability to upgrade from blue to epic to legendary should be expensive but offered from every vendor, and cyber limbs need actual scaling and rng damage rolls on their mods.

Other than that, loot system is a good start.

Not sure if it was the patch or just me getting beginner weapons early. But before the first patch I could use any weapon now I am getting weapons that say I cannot use them until I get to a particular level (Level Cap items).
NOW THAT I really hate. For god sake just make the dam thing shoot really badly. Like shake in my hands more, miss more, take longer to reload or jam more.

WAIT, I have not had a gun jam, I thought that was suppose to be in the game. If your gun was cheap or you were not well experienced the guns would jam sometimes...

So, we have a quite finite set of weapons with randomized stats and bonuses, and overall stat scaling of loot drop, that depends on character's level.
Also we got enemies that scale with character, so, all the parts of the system cancel each other out and in the end we have constant combat dynamics and TTK (time to kill) through the entire game. So, if we ripped this scaling system out of the game, nothing will change, except placebo sense of progression.

Oh yes, and this system makes unique quest items into garbage 2 in hours after you get them.

Does anyone like it? Or would you like to see the system that feels more like New Vegas weapon system - weapons are static, they get bonuses form player's perks and weapon skill, but nothing like order or magnitude increase? So you try different weapons, pick your favourite ones and play with them without need to upgrade them or swap to better drops?

No it is horrendous... at most one could overlook this blatant flaw in game design (i do not have that ability, but there are impressively easy to please individuals out there whom i very much envy, who manage to do just that) but enjoying it? No i can not imagine anyone enjoying this aspect of the game!

It forces you to not get attached to most things, though you can craft a simple revolver as you level that is not bad. The problem is that in the early to mid game you don't have the perks to take advantage of crafting system and the cost of components. And once you get to the mid-late game it really doesn't seem to matter that much anymore, at least in my experience. Every single engagement I pick up something that is better than what I currently have so it is an almost constant process of changing out weapons and armor.

I long for the days of Morrowind where nothing was artificially leveled and you could find that rare daedric weapon and wipe everyone out with it. Or the rare pieces of daedric armor to make the only available single set.

To compare with Witcher 3, I loved the W3 Witcher gear. I'd argue it'd work here too.

A) You can find something with stats that fit your play style/ perk choices.
B) you can actually realistically upgrade it with achievable components.
C) All the sets look really cool, unlike the ridiculous clown suit you end up wearing in this game. I finished the game wearing sunglasses indoors and a baseball cap on backwards. I hate anyone who does that in real life. It made me lean towards the suicide ending choice to punish V.
D) They actually LOOK cooler as you upgrade them, not just better stats.
E) The upgrades give a sense of achievement, unlike picking up random upgrades.

By the way, I realise anyone who hasn't played W3 won't understand this. [...]

Right now the loot system is terrible, I would say even worse than the ai, though you can make a coin flip there.

What will save it is:
1.) when you click/press "f" or interact with a fallen enemy corpse have ALL the items listed there from ALL the corpses in the vicinity.
2.) Have a mod, or make it officially implemented in the game's coming patches that you can auto deconstruct all weapons and armor ON PICKUP (game should do that for you automatically) if their dps/armor is lower than the same type of armor/weapon already in your inventory.

It sucks the life out of the game when half your time is spent going through your terrible mess of an inventory deconstructing and sorting items instead of playing the game.

Loot mechanics arent that bad but not that good either.. something def needs a bit of tweak and room for improvements

They are the by far the worse loot mechanic of any game with loot mechanic i have ever played... only the crafting mechanic of this game is more pointless... why the hell are there even gun shops in NC? No one buys guns there... everyone can just pic them up from dead bodies... and why the hell are those guns linked via a smart system but not ID-coded to their users... at the very least the looted guns should have to be hacked or brought to a gun shop to be unlocked or something... damn the second you use your brain with this game it implodes into a jumbled nonsensical mess...

I would love to see a poll for this subject, I mean almost everyone I ask seems to hate this with maybe 1 or 2 people making a weak defence for it's inclusion and I am wondering if most people hate this system why is it constantly used?

I mean I can definitely see why it is used in Ubisoft titles and games like Diablo however this reason has nothing to do with player enjoyment but rather to keep the player grinding the same content in the hopes that they might get the drops they want and then when they finally get frustrated enough they will turn to the store and pay for time save microtransactions that give them another chance at the skinner box, but in a game like Cyberpunk 2077 I do not see what possible reason the developers would have to use such a system other than some false assumption that because most other popular video games use this system that this is the way to implement a loot system in an RPG?

I do have to wonder am I missing something here? Is there anyone who actually enjoys these systems and what exactly do you get out of it? I sure hope this isn't a sign of things to come with the Cyberpunk 2077 multiplayer component and the loot was created this way because CDPR plan on exploiting the skinner box to keep players coming back and grinding the same content.

Loot is straight garbage. There's no reason why this game can't have an itemization like Fallout New Vegas, instead of randomized stats for the same gun.

Now that i think about it some more... why the hell is the damage type (fire, chemical etc.) randomly determined and not by ammunition... holy shit you can change the damage type of your cyberware arms (for example the mono wire) on the fly but your sniper rifle will always fire chem-shells because of reasons? If you want to change the damage type you have to craft or find a new one... damn the more you think about this game the dumber it gets!

Top Bottom