Cheap and easy way to get epic crafting components.

+
I don't know about you but the game seems really stingy about give you epic crafting components, for quite some time I had enough Legendary Components to craft something but was woefully short on Epic ones so I couldn't craft it.

Then I found a great and easy way to get them, no not with a glitch. I found a crafting recipe for an epic Max Doc level 3 that instantly restores 80% of my health.
And all it takes to craft one is 10 common (grey) and 5 uncommon (green) components, and once you craft it you can disassemble it and get epic and rare components in return.
I crafted a few hundred of them with all the extra grey and green components, and disassembled them and I was able to upgrade quite a few of my favorite weapons to Legendary.

I don't know about you but the game seems really stingy about give you epic crafting components, for quite some time I had enough Legendary Components to craft something but was woefully short on Epic ones so I couldn't craft it.

Then I found a great and easy way to get them, no not with a glitch. I found a crafting recipe for an epic Max Doc level 3 that instantly restores 80% of my health.
And all it takes to craft one is 10 common (grey) and 5 uncommon (green) components, and once you craft it you can disassemble it and get epic and rare components in return.
I crafted a few hundred of them with all the extra grey and green components, and disassembled them and I was able to upgrade quite a few of my favorite weapons to Legendary.
There is a number of ways to get epic components even faster than this. However, seeing how CDPR says in 1.2 patch notes about "fixing" certain (presumably too generous) ways to earn eddies, i don't think it's a good idea to share specific ways to do it in here public posts. Some things are already nerfed. No doubt more will be. Let's not help it happen! :p :D

Does the crafting system still allow you to essentially earn components from crafting and then disassembling once you have all the right perks?

Thanks DhampirV. Last time I tried crafting that's exactly what I ended up doing (hundreds of mods) and yes it did take far too long.

There is a number of ways to get epic components even faster than this. However, seeing how CDPR says in 1.2 patch notes about "fixing" certain (presumably too generous) ways to earn eddies, i don't think it's a good idea to share specific ways to do it in here public posts. Some things are already nerfed. No doubt more will be. Let's not help it happen! :p :D
its just lame from a game studio to troll gamers like that... patching exploits is one thing but changing in and outcome of components via game mechanics just because someone found a legit way to make money/components the devs weren't aware of is just BS... they shouldn't even follow peoples creative ways to make money - they should fix real bugs and not strategies player came up with... I mean this is a SP game - no esports or mmo so who cares if u are a millionaire? why making it harder for everyone? is there logical reason?

edit: thx Dhampir for your insight <3

its just lame from a game studio to troll gamers like that... patching exploits is one thing but changing in and outcome of components via game mechanics just because someone found a legit way to make money/components the devs weren't aware of is just BS... they shouldn't even follow peoples creative ways to make money - they should fix real bugs and not strategies player came up with... I mean this is a SP game - no esports or mmo so who cares if u are a millionaire? why making it harder for everyone? is there logical reason?

edit: thx Dhampir for your insight <3
It is single player for now, but who knows what will happen in the future. No Man's Sky was single player in 2016, but today it's not just multiplayer - it's even fully cross-platform multiplayer, allowing PS, XBox, Steam, Gog and other platforms' users to all play together in parties up to dozens people large.

But still there is more to this. Even "patching exploits" is often not as what it seems to be, and mere action of patching 'em - actually hurts both players _and_ CDPR, it's just CDPR can't see how and why it happens.

One excellent, clear-cut and "we can talk about it here since it's already fixed" example of a glitch - is what patch 1.2 does to Crafting skill experience when disassembling only one item at a time out of a stack of items. If you were not aware - it worked like this: you play the game normally and don't care about Crafting until you gain your Tech attribute as high as you planned it be. While at it, you collect just one particular type of drinks: let's say, it's just usual cola. One can easily get hundreds, even thousands cans of it from vendor machines. Having 500 would be enough for this glitch, having ~800 is more than enough.

Then, you'd just disassemble 1 can of cola outta that 500+ cans stack at a time. The glitch was, every time you do it you were granted Crafting experience as if you disassembled whole stack (500+ cans) rather than just 1 can of it. Obviously, this allowed to learn up to 20 Crafting skill in merely couple minutes or so, give or take.

And now, with 1.2, CDPR "fixed" this glitch. From purely formal, mechanical point of view - yes, this fix is "proper" and "appropriate". But what this fix _does_? The answer - is simple: it makes the game _worse_. Because the sum of the following 3 effects:

- the fix makes no difference at all to players who never used this glitch, or did not want to use this glitch;

- the fix pisses off players who were using this glitch, since now whenever they know for any new playthrough with any high Crafting skill, they'd need to spend hours mindlessly clicking "craft" button in the menu;

- and, the fix pisses off many of those who did not know about this glitch before, then updated to 1.2, then learned about it and realised that they are now unable to use it.

The _real_ problem in this example - is not that there was this glitch. As one can figure from the above, the real problem - is that Crafting skill takes way too long a time to develop to any high value while offering no good gameplay whatsoever to do it. It's just clicking buttons in a menu - a kind of "gameplay" very same to what lots of modern humans do during their work hours. And so, if this glitch fix is required, then the way to make it good - would require to do the fix together with massive increase (many fold) for experience given per every crafting action, and/or introduction of some mini-game or any other kind of interesting play which would be the source of crafting experience.

Then and only then this fix - and many others not unlike it - would actually be good for the game, overall. Be it single-player or multi-player, too. But what we got with 1.2 is a hasted bunch of fixes, some of which spawn new bugs. Seems like nobody had time nor desire nor skill to think it through - rather, it's mass-produced "should probably work" sort of fixes bunched together and sent out.

If CDPR would continue with this quality of major updates and patches, then i think by the end of 2021 CP2077 will end up unplayable mess, largest fiasco of modern gamedev and big hole in the pockets of all who invested and/or own any fraction of CDPR. It'd be a tragedy given lots of good story and potential the game has, but 1.2 makes me think this tragedy is a bit more likely - not less. :(

I started new game with 1.2 and so far I had not any serious issues with crafting or progress. And I'm used use crafting in my play (I aim to reach lvl18). 1.2 need different approach to crafting and components use strategy, but imo it's step in good direction (that self sufficient situation before really felt as exploit). What I definitely will like to be added is mass-production of mods. Disadvantage for us players here is, that there hardly can be expected discussion about balancing this part of game (at least not in near future) ... with all this negativity around I see it as sad fact.

I see your MaxDoc and raise you an epic grenade (I have incendiary and EMP). If you have the reduced crafting costs, they use only one common and one uncommon to craft and yield the same amount of epic components when disassembled.

Edit; this was on 1.12 (I'm not upgrading from 1.12, because I was anticipating CDPR would be wet blankets and remove most of the fun/ useful bugs), so it may need verification/ clarification from another member.

Top Bottom