Too much Johnny

+
Silverhand is like a new identity for someone who started to have D.I.D. He is always there.

well, too bad, I like him more talking to me from time to time. Life with JS is more exciting along the way. I love the connection between V and JS. It's all about trust. It's like conscience when you're about to so something. He's always at your side talking to you. I'm not annoyed at all. How I wish there's much more of him around the mission, But I'm almost about to end the main mission already. So I'll save the last of him and finish side quests and gigs before I go to that last main mission with him.

I personally wish they would have put more emphasis on the shift of V and Jhonny's relationship in the main story. I personally was too focused on the fact that V was dying that I didn't pay much attention to side quests, thus missed quite a bit on V's and Jhonny's interaction. Which resulted in me never really learning to like Jhonny.
To me the pacing feels off and for most of the game Jhonny's attitude just stayed irritating. Choosing the Arasaka ending was mainly because I trusted and liked Takemura much much more than Jhonny in the end.

Guest 4375874

I actually like Silverhand's character, and I like Keanu Reeves as an actor. What I dislike is how overly pervasive his character is throughout the game. I wish you could eliminate all his random commentary and appearances where you didn't even interact with him directly.
He's barely in the game for the first half in my experience so far. He just pops in during important missions, he isn't even there for side missions or anything like that. He cracks me up whenever he comments on something so I'm good. This frankly just feels like another I want something pointless to complain about post.

He's barely in the game for the first half in my experience so far. He just pops in during important missions, he isn't even there for side missions or anything like that. He cracks me up whenever he comments on something so I'm good. This frankly just feels like another I want something pointless to complain about post.

He appears in a lot of side missions.

When he does, it's not with the same level of dialogue as in main missions but he does show up in a lot of side missions.

I basically said in another thread that they could fix the bugs, hammer out the broken stuff, and then rename this game "The SilverHand Chronicles" and call it a day.

RPGs are supposed to be about developing the story of YOUR avatar. Instead, we have this glaringly obvious, painfully linear, main story where you're basically just a shell of a person carrying out the will of a long dead local anti-corporate activist. The lifepath you choose is utterly disconnected from the rest of the game (except for some dialogue) 15 minutes into it, making the initial lifepath choice completely irrelevant once you get into what should be the meat of the game when it should matter the most.

ALL of your character's development is to serve a purpose NOT your own, but that of a virtual NPC. What happened to YOUR aspiration of becoming a Night City legend? Well, quite simply, it CEASED to exist the second Jackie stuck that shard in your head. Ultimately, you finish the game feeling completely disconnected from your avatar, and you ultimately realize it's because you never really got the opportunity to know and develop it.

I dont mind there being so much Johnny, I do mind the reduction in player agency and choices.

The theme and idea is good, but would have been better off if you had months of in game time (or years)to build relationships with groups and individuals.

It would have made the constant commentary and companionship much more interrsting.

Loved the game. 150 hours. When it's updated and completed plan to play the hell out of it again!

That being said... You know you did something wrong if people think you got too much Keanu Reeves in your Cyberpunk :ROFLMAO:

And also yes. "The Ballad of Silverhand" would have been great major DLC.

My only issue with the character is that they were able to get Keanu for it, but for the most part he serves little more than as an exposition fairy. We didn't need our hands held before Johnny showed up and, thanks to the dialogue tree, we still don't need it. This role was a waste of the actor's talent.

Last edited:
I'm loving Johny's character. But I do acknowledge the problem that he takes away too much protagonism from V's own story. Which wouldn't be bad if we had a full goddamned act just with Jackie and V climbing the ranks again. That's pretty much why it feels disconnecting you start as this small time merc but then the Mark Henry lookalike wants you to steal from Arasaka of all corps not even 20 minutes into a game? talk about power creep...it's like if I put my D&D players through a goblin dungeon and level them up from 1 all the way to 10 and have them face an avatar of Tiamat on the second session.

I don't know who was the imbecile in the management team who said "The witcher 3 was too long" but I want to put that asshole through a wall to be honest, because we do need a more fleshed out storyline for V. We should've had a 6-10 hour prologue with Jackie climbing the ranks, getting to know our Fixers (doing actual side quests for them) and the world, then the Arasaka thing, in which it should feel earned that Dex contacted us by getting our reputation up, hell put a Street Cred requirement on it, let's say the theft only triggers once you get to 25-30 street cred (of course, let it lvl up fairly quickly but not at breakneck speed and up the cap to 75) and then the whole Johny story starts... That's what I would've done, that way V would seem less like a vessel and more of a character.

I've mentioned this in other threads but I guess it fits better here.

The entire Heist/biochip sequence should not have happened so early in the story. It would make more sense to push that to the end as its separate epilogue sequence or third act or since JS is a "rockerboy" title it "Encore"

Here's the gist of it
Heist mission carries on as it currently does including the Dex meeting (with T-Bug still alive like the E3 trailer because it just looks better) V wakes up in landfill - THEN Johnny introduces himself just like the same E3 trailer - roll credits

This way the ending of the story directly segues into DLC that would focus on JS and his arc while leaving V and company the screen time they deserve and also because I want to be the one to shoot Dex damnit.​

Top Bottom