What's Your Favorite Playstyle?

+
I like my OP stealth > quickhack. And when I run out of RAM, I always have my tech sniper to finish off the last couple of guys.
Post automatically merged:

I really wish dual wielding pistols would be an option.

I've honestly only tried about half of the options but my favorite Playstyle is:

• Light Machine Gun
  • Katana
  • Wrist Rocket
  • Heavy Machine Gun
I just go in blasting with the minigun. It's underpowered, probably the most underpowered weapon in the game but it's fun af.

My katana is the exact opposite. It's base damage is like 2500 with 100% crit chance and I basically 1 shot everything.

The Wrist Rocket is cool but you don't level up anything when you use it but... I still use it caz it's fucking gnarly. Especially if mobs are next to a vehicle.

Andddd the Heavy Machine Gun... Yes *sigh* I have 3 of these in the trunk of my car and yes I will bust them out for outside missions. And yes I will use all 900 rounds because *bites lip* big guns...

So what's your favorite Playstyle?
Run and gun! I'm going to try a playthrough where I just kill every npc I meet, did it once in a Fable game

I like my OP stealth > quickhack. And when I run out of RAM, I always have my tech sniper to finish off the last couple of guys.
Post automatically merged:

I really wish dual wielding pistols would be an option.

I can recommend the Memory Boost Cyberware. It gives back 1/2/3/4 RAM per enemy defeat. Together with EX-DISK, max RAM +5 I didn't have too much trouble with my RAM management.
Hope this will help your playstyle. =)

I can recommend the Memory Boost Cyberware. It gives back 1/2/3/4 RAM per enemy defeat. Together with EX-DISK, max RAM +5 I didn't have too much trouble with my RAM management.
Hope this will help your playstyle. =)
Thanks! I'll make sure to look into it!

I went for an Arasaka, ex-assassin type play style, if that makes any sense. I stuck to wearing Arasaka armor, and kept Jinchi-Maru and Satori close by. Also used the Nowaki and Hasamune. Invested mostly in hacking and melee.

I LOVE the Metal Gear and Splinter Cell Games so in my first Playthrough im playing a silenced Pistol/Revolver Dude. Next Run i think it will be a Netrunner Build, cause that stealth too.

I prefer old fashioned stealth action with only limited netrunning and hacking. In combat I fight close range frquently switching knife and my guns: TKI-20 Shingen, A-22B Chao. Plus I use wrist missile launcher.

I love playing as the Netrunner/Corpo-Agent God.

My loadout is:

Dying Night with Suppressor and holo visor for stealth execution. I prefer the high fire rate and magazine.

Nekomata Sniper with a good visor. There is nowhere to hide. No barricade, no walls nothing. If I can see you, ping you. you are dead.

Black Unicorn Katana. For the close combat and because the knives are currently bugged. Would love to use knives instead.

In the arm, I have currently installed a Projectile Launch System, poison configuration.

Personally, I would prefer the monowire for style but is currently bugged. The arm and shoulder will clip through the clothing and monowire don't seem to profit from any perks atm.

Gorilla Arms are fun, but I don't like the aesthetic on my main character.
Mantis Blades are cool, but I already have a superior Katana.
With the launcher, I have a poisonous option until monowire and knives are getting fixed.

My heart and core of the playstyle is the Tetratronic Rippler MK. 4 Cyberdeck.
Spread on Ultimate, 75% Upload reduction and all Quickhacks have a 45% cdr.

I load my cyberdeck usually with:

Ping - mandatory. I need this to reveal all my enemies and access points. Helps also greatly to plan.

Contagion - amazing non-lethal AoE option. Extra sadistic and remembers me on the scene at the beginning with the Arasaka agents at Lizzie's.

Short Circuit - good non-lethal damage, amazing against robots and mechs.

Reboot Optics - while sneaking around this is an amazing option if things slip.

System Reset - amazing to non-lethal shut someone down. 2 with the cyberdeck.

Suicide - the ultimate "I don't care about you or your life." option. Forcing an enemy to kill himself. It's horrifying, disturbing, and effective. Nice bonus. The enemies often spawn an additional weapon to either shoot themselves in the head or slit their throat, more loot.

Depending on the mission I either go in fully as a ghost or just neutralizing everyone from afar via quickhacks and the use of their own surveillance system. Then just make my round. Collecting the loot I want and execute the incapacitated enemies with a headshot. Sometimes necessary to collect the bounty. I think suicide also doesn't trigger bounties.

I love this playstyle because it offers me full control and all the options.
I can decide when and how I go in and I imagine it a beautiful horror when you have to clean up a room and everybody seem just to have dropped dead where they stood.

A dark parody of the dependence of cyberware.

You need cyberware to keep up, but without self ICE you are just as easy a victim for a potent netrunner.

A nice analogy to our real world and how we expose ourselves on the net without a thought of proper protection or possible consequences.

I just swap out system reset for cyberpsychosis. Then you don't even need to fight cause the enemies will kill each other for you. (or in place of suicide). It's very fun to watch. Contagion+Cyberpsychosis= win.

My V is monowire melee, and non legal shotgun, high technical and cool, and mid intelligence. Prefer to sneak and disable.

I just swap out system reset for cyberpsychosis. Then you don't even need to fight cause the enemies will kill each other for you. (or in place of suicide). It's very fun to watch. Contagion+Cyberpsychosis= win.

I tested it out a while ago. While it is fun seeing them fighting each other, Contagion and System Reset seem to be much faster and less destructive that Cyberpsychosis.

I use it, when the mission requires mayham, but personally I prefer the clean and control use of Contagion and System Reset, as well consciously selected enemies for Suicide.

But I appreciate your input and it's always nice to exchange ideas and builds!

Have a great day!

2 so far out of what i've tried

Revolver / Cold Blood / Crafting, just your basic dodge, slow motion , headshot playstyle

Shotgun / Cold Blood / Crafting, slide, jump , boom, whats not to like

No a fan of smart weapons and melee pretty boring, AR an SMG are no bad but i prefer the above mention, hackings ridiculously OP and i'll probably do another run of it in future but like melee i find it can be boring.

Only occasionally tried stealth in missions that request it and never delved into nor put points into it but i'll be trying it soon, maybe in tandem with a non lethal run an see how it fairs, i find it hard to not break necks though tbh

Netrunner / Non-lethal / Stealth.

Nothing feels as satisfying as cleaning up a mission and no-one ever knew you were there.

Katana+Berserk and armor. Crafting 240 armor armadillo mods and slapping them into every possible slot made me practically invulnerable. Chopped Smasher into bits so fast he did not even get a chance to move.

Jeyl

Forum regular
Net-Runner, Sub-Machine Gun (With PAX) and maybe a little speckle of pistol (Again with PAX).

It amazes me how much non-killing methods has really made me warm up to this game. It's like the kind of play style I've always wanted but certain games just didn't deliver on.

my favorite weapon; the Katana {often the one we find or make, never the legendary}. as well as any bladed weapon.

Always waltzing by front door, annihilating floors of enemies at once with short circuit, synapse burn and suicide. At end, hunting the few survivors with my purple-green fully upgraded Ajax assault rifle! :sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky:

Mainly stealth netrunner, sometimes sniper, will match and change weapons according to the battle situation (such as use shotgun to deal with melee cyberpsychos), often use melee weapons to bully the mobs who have much lower level (I may have a higher body than other players of similar style because of want to open some door). I have used almost all weapons, the most comfortable are usually sniper rifles, assault rifles, and SMGs (if quickhackings don't count)
And I never lack bullets and medicine after my main style begin to take shape:sleep:

Last edited:
So what's your favorite Playstyle?
Hmm, that has been moving about a little since I first started 6 months ago.
During my first run it was
* Shotgun (Carnage)
* Defender LMG
* Overwatch (specifically that one)
* Quickhacks {Overheat, Short Circuit & Reboot Optics} I also never invested (nor was I aware) in other quickhacks or more powerful variants than the Uncommon versions.
Also: before I got myself the Overwatch I've been relying on the Nekomata, but ever since then, never changed my layout.
Also, I never installed any cyberware outside of the 2 that you have to in the beginning when you first visited Victor.

Now however.
There is only one constant: the SPT32 Grad / Overwatch (as soon as I get it). My layout now is
* Either the Prototype: Shingen MK V / G58 Dian / Devided We Stand (or their normal counterparts)
* Ashura
* The trusty SPT32 Grad or Overwatch, and in early game I maintain the Nekomata
* Mantis blades for either Corpo and Streetkid. <-- I like my Nomad with little cyberware, what can I say.
* Quickhacks {Short Circuit, System Reset, Contagion, Reboot Optics, Overheat}

While the weapons may have varied some, the style of play has largely remained the same. Long distance weapons, which work well for a slower paced tactical approach to the game, Even with the use of the smart weapons I remained playing more slow and methodical, rather than at first, going headlong into the fight with LMGs and Shotguns.

Top Bottom