Clothing mods bonus stacking visually, but not actually applied or inconsistent when not stacked

+
! m
I can confirm it does, I made the distance test with movement speed mod put on feet-gear already and it indeed takes effect, but the movement stat does not show in the stats-page.

I made a run on about 30m and I reach it with the 10 movement speed bonus about 1 second faster than without it (moving normal, no sprint). Could do a longer run, but I was too lazy to go to a place with less crowd (I noticed it and just wanted to quick-test it where I got the item).
However, i used a stopwatch and I retested it about 5 times just to be sure it wasn't placebo, and it indeed had this change everytime doing the same.

Cheers
TalentX
1 mod seems to work, stacking does not.

Ok, have you used a trainer or duped mods of any sort? Both of these drastically bugger up all forms of crafting. Trainers, even if used for a specific task unrelated to crafting, screw up something. After completing my first run, I started a 2nd char and tossed in a trainer for the hell of it and all sorts of stuff got broken, crafting and other, even when not in use/loaded. And duping mods is a known issue.

If you have not used either of those, try modding fresh gear with all empty slots (probably already did this). It is possible that when installing a mod on top of another one, something isn't translating properly. If you must install over another mod, try to use same mod instead of a different one. Though, installing over Armadillo appears to be safe.

Also, if you haven't verified your install (Steam), do so. That did fix a few things for me.
omg, seriously, what are you talking about?? Please explain, does Deadeye show in your stats page or not? Does it add crit and crit damage? It does not for me, does not matter which fucking slot, sunglasses, headgear, feet. I came across this bug when I bought it from my hard earned eurodollars and the stat page did not refresh. Of course any of those +damage mods like Predator and its lower quality equivalents do not show up in my stats page either. And from my testing I can say that the stat page is mostly reliable and the stats reflect what I experience ingame. At least considering the base crit chance including clothes. (weapons with their own crit chance kill the game's balance anyway)

I have already written it before that the fire and venom immunity mods work, but the shock did not when I tested it with a shock grenade in 1.04.

It is really hard to say if Deadeye actually (secretly) works if you are just using one item. So I followed Hudatyebam's advice and duped it ingame with the vendor machine glitch. You know, press r+escape the same time. I put on so many Deadeyes that I should have 100% crit chance which I did not have, so no, I guess it does not work. But using ONE Bully works, using ONE +15crit chance works. Even without buying and duping you come across several legendary mods, they appear already slotted in ingame items, so this is something that shoud be focused on to fix.
But no, I did never use any third party software, no trainer like you presumed.

If your stat page gets updated like it should, then ok, it works after patch 1.06, great. If it does not update, then what do you want to demonstrate? They have to patch this asap. And your other argument that mods should only be selectively placed like the cyberware does not make any sense to me, as it should be handled by the game which mods can be applied and which cannot. If I can place "Bully" (+30% crit damage) in any garment in my inventory, then it should be applied. If the devs think it should be only used one time, then they have to patch it that way. I think it is really simple.

Last edited:
It is really hard to say if Deadeye actually (secretly) works if you are just using one item. So I followed Hudatyebam's advice and duped it ingame with the vendor machine glitch. You know, press r+escape the same time. I put on so many Deadeyes that I should have 100% crit chance which I did not have, so no, I guess it does not work. But using ONE Bully works, using ONE +15crit chance works. Even without buying and duping you come across several legendary mods, they appear already slotted in ingame items, so this is something that shoud be focused on to fix.
But no, I did never use any third party software, no trainer like you presumed.

1 - Duped mods are a known issue in teh community. In almost every case, they do NOT work.
2 - I never presumed a 3rd party program was used. Just stated that if it was, that that may be an issue.

In my case, I have had no issues with armor attachments not working.

As for the stats page. it is broken. Unreliable. Useless. On my current character (lvl 7), using an un-modded Katana and no skills allocated to Blades, stats page shows 15% crit chance where the weapon itself has 18%. Stats also shows physical damage of 118 and my Katana shows 142. So yea, Stats page is busted, either that or every weapon in the game is wrong.

1 - Duped mods are a known issue in teh community. In almost every case, they do NOT work.
2 - I never presumed a 3rd party program was used. Just stated that if it was, that that may be an issue.

In my case, I have had no issues with armor attachments not working.

As for the stats page. it is broken. Unreliable. Useless. On my current character (lvl 7), using an un-modded Katana and no skills allocated to Blades, stats page shows 15% crit chance where the weapon itself has 18%. Stats also shows physical damage of 118 and my Katana shows 142. So yea, Stats page is busted, either that or every weapon in the game is wrong.
So if the stats page is busted like you say how do you know mods are working for you, and only you by the way as there is 4 pages of people in this thread saying stacking mods doesn't work and before you say it no not everyone that's tested this is using duped mods. Go test it like I asked with crafted/bought mods.

So if the stats page is busted like you say how do you know mods are working for you, and only you by the way as there is 4 pages of people in this thread saying stacking mods doesn't work and before you say it no not everyone that's tested this is using duped mods. Go test it like I asked with crafted/bought mods.

Probably by noticing the higher crit hits and crit dmg frequencies. I personally haven't put an eye on that to be honest. But it is possible that some clothing mods won't stack. I think @DMCain was referring to the fact that items have to be put into the proper gear types, not really mentioning the "stack-ability" (can you say it that way? :smart:)

Whatever, the situation is still pretty unpleasant, because of the fact that there is missing information on both, mod descriptions and stats not properly updating.

Cheers
TalentX

Whatever, the situation is still pretty unpleasant, because of the fact that there is missing information on both, mod descriptions and stats not properly updating.
Agreed, until we hear from the devs exactly what the problem is be it bugged mods, crit capped intentionally, or something off with the numbers behind the scenes or whatever I'll just stick with armor mods as at least I know these work. Feel bad for the folks that spent a shitload of eddies buying the legendary mods that don't work.
Really disappointing how a basic system like mods shipped in this state.

Agreed, until we hear from the devs exactly what the problem is be it bugged mods, crit capped intentionally, or something off with the numbers behind the scenes or whatever I'll just stick with armor mods as at least I know these work. Feel bad for the folks that spent a shitload of eddies buying the legendary mods that don't work.
Really disappointing how a basic system like mods shipped in this state.
I do not know what this DMCain guy is talking about but I think he is on a wrong path. We have stated this over and over again that some mods are working if used once and some do not seem to apply at all, like the Predator. Mods requiring certain gear types is again wrong, as Deadeye does not show any effect in the eyewear socket, as he/she has suggested.
The dps on the stat page gets updated if your character is actually wielding the gun / melee weapon. The physical damage is another thing, probably coming from the base stats whatever.

DMCain cannot state that he/she has no issues with mods without testing and showing proof. This is simply a lie.

Again, this goes on my nerves hard if someone like DMCain worries that no duped mods work, which he does not know for sure. We have justed duped for testing purposes, I have come across the bug after purchasing Deadeye and Predator ingame myself and wondering why the heck the stat page is busted or not showing the stat update. Afterwards I stumbled upon this discussion and felt like you, Hudatyebam, that this should be fixed as soon as possible as it is one of the worst bugs I think.

I am pretty sure that Deadeye is bugged as the Bully and Fortuna seem to work fine, as long as used just once. Again, there are issues with putting on and off items.

Apart from that, a fix should come in hand in hand with a substantial balance update, as you can easily reach very high crit numbers and chances even without any mods.

Last edited:
I dont run that many outrageous mods....but mine seem to be working and showing on my character sheet just fine.
Im running all epic armadillo, 1 legend bully, and 1 legend fortuna....nothing else. The rest of the crit chance and damage are perk points spent.
The gun in hand is a legend overture. The build is still a work in progress.

My stats seem to be all correct. As far as the others working or not working..who knows. Im taking advice from a few folks that tested them to whatever extent they did...and noticed them either not working or making very little difference.

statscyberpunklvl38.jpg

bully.jpg

fortuna.jpg

overture.jpg

Im only level 38. I have a lot of points banked that i havent spent yet. This insanity will only get stronger.

BTW, no dupes here. I looted and crafted everything here. I duped a few eddies, but only bought one weapon with them that i hardly use.

I do not know what this DMCain guy is talking about but

<snipped a bunch of crap>

an easily reach very high crit numbers and chances even without any mods.

I'm only stating what I see from my point of view and my experience. Believe me or don't. your choice. I'm done here.

Anyone run into a bug where your armadillo mods dropped from rare to uncommon

From what I can tell, it happened while doing The Hunt side mission. So I just reverted to an earlier save, mods are back to rare, but lost a couple lvls. Anyone else run into this?

Last edited:
Anyone run into a bug where your armadillo mods dropped from rare to uncommon

From what I can tell, it happened while doing The Hunt side mission. So I just reverted to an earlier save, mods are back to rare, but lost a couple lvls. Anyone else run into this?

No, ive never experienced that.

As mentioned...and its still a theory, that if youre duping mods...they act a bit funny. This doesnt apply to everyone....it seems to cherry pick some people for some unexplained reason. This is only from what ive personally been told.

If your mods arent duped, then i have no idea what may have caused them to downgrade like that.

FWIW I've just tested using two Zero Drag mods on pants and shoes.

I ran a specific distance and timed the results multiple times to reduce errors.

I ran both ways from that barrier to the light pole. Feet behind the line.

Times were consistent:

• 12.xxx seconds without mods
  • 11.9xx seconds with one mod
  • 11.8xx seconds with both mods
So, apparently both slots work but the movement speed increase is insignificant.
No idea if that's intentional or somewhat buggy and not providing the correct movement speed increase.
Armadillo it is ;)
I didn't get to test multiple mods in the same equipment piece or any other combination (mod on torso and so on).

- For The Fortuna mod and Bully only 1 of each will work as intended. If you put any more than 1 in any mod slot they won't increase crit damage or crit chance. As far I can tell this is the same for almost all armor mods except the Armor stat mod Armadillo which does stack
- Crit bonuses from weapons and weapon mods do not display in the stat screen and as far as I can tell do not work

Not sure if it's platform dependent, but I'm not having issues with the crit chance mods. Found my second Fortuna today. I have applied Fortuna to two different pieces of clothing, and do get a net +30% crit chance from them. NOTE: I also discovered today though, that the STATS screen is situationally dependent! This means that...

Standing in the street with my thumb up... I have a whole wopping 30% crit chance. Pull out my silenced pistol and crouch (sneak), and my STAT jumps up to 65% or so. The numbers still don't add up quite right far as I can tell, but they DO add up - and nicely. With mods on clothes, weapon, and perks into sneak/silenced, my main gun has a 148% crit chance per shot ;)

Found my second Fortuna today. I have applied Fortuna to two different pieces of clothing, and do get a net +30% crit chance from them.
Well that is actually good news! After 65hrs I haven't found a second Fortuna mod, so I cannot confirm, but I trust you :D
So Deadeye, Panacea, Predator seem to be bugged. Panacea only grants immunity versus poison but not against an EMP grenade. The cyberware mod on the otherside works nicely.
edit: ok I have just got three different drops with pre-slotted Fortuna mods (head, shirt, glasses) and only one gets applied, does not matter which slot. But I already have 58% crit...

The clothing mods seem to work similarly to cyberwear mods. They need to be placed on certain armor pieces...

Headgear - Armadillo, Osmosis, Resist
Eyewear - Armadillo, Deadeye, Predator, Fortuna, Bully, Show Time
Face masks - Armadillo, Osmosis
Outer torso - Armadillo, Resist, Backpacker, Tenacity, Vanguard
Inner torso - Armadillo, Resist, Backpacker, All immunity mods
Pants - Armadillo, Plume, Zero Drag (Soft Soles may work here as well)
Feet - Armadillo, Soft Soles, Plume, Zero Drag, Footloose
Well, that is a pile of bullshit. I have Bully (+30% crit damage) installed on my shirt (inner torso) and it works just fine. Shock immunity works nowhere. Maybe you shouldn't get the mods through trainers and cheats. Your file may be corrupted.

Last edited:
I would love to test and confirm but my mods are stock on the Jacket and can't dismantle it cause is "quest related".
Cyberpunk 2077 Screenshot 2020.12.25 - 16.03.28.23.png

Alright, I agree that stat display being currently broken is annoying AF, especially when you invest in a certain build thinking certain mods stack (or that they even do anything to begin with...).

HOWEVER...

The game is so easy and enemies die so quickly, even on Very Hard, even without much investment in any of the perks, that I do think that crit chance and crit damage mods SHOULD NOT stack.
When you think about it, the game is asking you to invest 3 perk points to increase your (for example) Handguns crit chance by just 12%. Or, even worse, 2 points to increase crit damage by 20%. What would even be the point of these perks, or indeed, having a critical hit mechanic at all, if increasing your crit chance to 100% would be as easy as slotting a few mods in? How wasteful would it be to devote two points to crit damage to increase it by a measly 20% when it is already 300%+?
There is a thread on reddit where people are discussing builds that two-shot the toughest boss in the game, on Very Hard - and in there, people are convinced these mods stack, so they're not even breaking the game as far as they could by devoting these wasted mod slots to something else.
Also, if the game was balanced against such ridiculous damage values as stacked crit mods would produce, how would builds not focusing on crit chance and damage even work? I know it's a single player game, so balance is not paramount, but I hate being forced into a particular build only because anything else doesn't work - kind of defeats the object of making choices in a RPG game. On the other hand, feeling like a cheat and trivializing the challenge just by leveraging the built in systems is probably even worse - and right now it, as incredibly fun as it is, CP2077 already kind of feels like this to me on Very Hard. I hate to think how insignificant the enemies would be with crit mods stacking.

So, to recap, while the display of stats needs to get fixed ASAP, I do not think crit mods should stack. Otherwise, I think their values should be reduced to 1/3rd of what they currently are (i.e. 12% crit chance should become 4%), or maybe even 1/4th. Armor mods would need to get looked at in that context as well.

EDIT: Hm, just did some quick testing to confirm that the mods indeed do not stack. Strangely, if I take off an item giving me crit chance/damage, the value that it provided gets subtracted from the stats page, even if it shouldn't, i.e. if I have two items with +15% crit chance, taking one of them off will reduce my crit chance by 15%, but unequipping and re-equipping the other item will bump it back to previous value. It might explain some of the mixed messages in this thread.

Last edited:
i found a pair of shoes that increased speed by 46 (it had 3 slots with speed boosts in them) and it took like a second off a test, they are working, but it is insignificant as someone previously said, There are issues with not just mods but perks too, I know anything that takes away fall damage isn't working at all, but then again its hard to tell when sometimes you die from a 3 foot fall and other times you can survive a 50 foot drop. I also found that crit mods don't stack and a lot of crit stuff is broken and doesn't increase as it should. The stats page can't be trusted and neither can mods since they don't calculate properly even if they kind of work.

Not sure if it's platform dependent, but I'm not having issues with the crit chance mods. Found my second Fortuna today. I have applied Fortuna to two different pieces of clothing, and do get a net +30% crit chance from them. NOTE: I also discovered today though, that the STATS screen is situationally dependent! This means that...

Standing in the street with my thumb up... I have a whole wopping 30% crit chance. Pull out my silenced pistol and crouch (sneak), and my STAT jumps up to 65% or so. The numbers still don't add up quite right far as I can tell, but they DO add up - and nicely. With mods on clothes, weapon, and perks into sneak/silenced, my main gun has a 148% crit chance per shot ;)

So after hearing that bully and fortuna mods couldnt be stacked, i pretty much just loaded up the rest of the clothing i have with epic armadillos. My stats continue to say 39% crit chance. Ill have to try again when i get home and stack them and see what happens.

So you dont mention if you have a bully installed but you do have two fortunas installed. Do you have a bully installed as well? If thats the case, then crit chance is going to just make this game unchallenging to no bounds. Im already one and two shotting mobs with what i have now...and im level 47.....using pistols on very hard mode. From what im gathering....its either stack 2 fortunas or have one bully and one fortuna....hmmmm. I wished a dev would confirm all this.

I also noticed that the less armadillo mods you use in one piece of gear, the less the armor rating each mod is....even though individually they dont change. In an outer garment, four armadillos are for example 1000 apiece. Replacing one of those with another type mod will turn the remaining three to 985. Looking at each individual mod however still has them at 187 apiece no matter how many you stack. These numbers are just examples.

I have one bully and one fortuna, and after equipping my main gun....and with perks including...i end up with 39%. It never goes up.

The game is so easy and enemies die so quickly, even on Very Hard, even without much investment in any of the perks, that I do think that crit chance and crit damage mods SHOULD NOT stack.

I absolutely agree. Some stats should not be abused like this as they kill the game. It makes no sense to build a character and it just all go to waste because of some meta stat that overrides everything else. Fallout76 made this very same mistake with certain builds....and everybody was doing it.

One thing of note, some perks increase crit chance/damage on the weapon itself, only after you pull it out and the amounts they add will get added to any values that are displayed by mods that increase the same stat. For example, if you have the perk that increases crit chance of pistols by 12% and a mod on the pistol that increases it by 2%, if you look at the pistol when you have it holstered, the mod will say 2%, but if you pull the pistol out, the mod will say 14%.

Last edited:
I don't know if this is the issue or not, however, for me the mods stack their stats and on the character stats as well.

With the shoes:
1609218456187.png

1609218528715.png

Without them:
1609218589436.png

1609218658464.png

I believe that it has to do with your character attributes? Can't confirm, but it seems the higher you have reflexes that increases CC, the higher your CC can go. Maybe it sums with the CC you have as flat them it surpasses the 30%, or maybe the 1% critical chance it grants is actually 1%+ on your cap.

Either way, very confusing system.

( Those mods weren't duplicated either ) Don 't know if that affects as well

Top Bottom