Cyberpunk 2077 User Reviews & Impressions

+
I bought cyberpunk2077 on release in fact I even pre-ordered it after falling in the gaming hole where hours go by that's when i saw a few minor bugs nothing major. Not to mention I'm even running the game on a xbox one s. I've seen a fair amount of negativity from everyone who weren't that keen and all I can say is that you did an amazing job creating this amazing game.

on a quick side note: if in the the future you will be adding items to the game, full face balaclavas and hooded jackets would be amazing thanks. :)

Karma is going to happen, when people think of CDPR they thought of Witcher 3. Now when people think of CDPR they will think of this scam. They will never get that many pre-orders again, Ubisoft has made plenty of games better than Cyberpunk 2077 but they don't get nearly as many pre-orders because of their horrible reputation and players expecting the games to be bad.

Out of pure principle I will never buy a game from them again, even if they fix this game I don't condone scamming your customers.

This game is one of my favorite games in life... I can see why some people are mad... They can have their own opinions... But most of them talk ish and then go play the game anyway... I have crashes... I get a little upset sometimes... But i just reload in right where I left off at or at least at the last auto save which is never too far from where I crashed at... I play it on PS4... Nd I got plenty of glitches... But I have learned to take my time and pace my speed in my cars so that the world can properly load around me... Also when it auto save I stop moving for like 2 or 3 seconds to let it properly function on my system and whilst doing those things I am able to keep glitches to a minimum... Nd I also get very few crashes now... Maybe ccause of the update... Or cause of both... Also i improved my driving skills so I minimize how many cars I hit and avoid hitting pedestrians... I can almost drive a full 3.5 km without a scratch on my Caliburn... This game is meant to be immersive and real... Some people rush through everything... Run every step... Speed in everycar carelessly killing civilians... The game is suppose to feel real and you're doing unrealistic things... Nd before anyone says i play games to escape real... That's fine nd all but all games are not meant to escape real... The connections in this game to real life are really accurate... Play as if you're a bad ass mercenary who can't have all that heat on you... Nd also be patient... You rushed them to release now just chill and wait for all the patches and updates... Or don't... Go play GTA or something... But I'll be on CyberPunk 2077... I'm at 82:51 total time played in the game... Max street cred... And a level 33... I'm playing Street Kid storyline... I have gotten one of the Panaam ending... Loved it... Now I'm back doing side missions and Gigs... Nd I've fallen in love with Judy... I love the atmosphere you guys are creating... Nd i don't mind the glitches... They mainly give me a laugh... But you know still get em out lol... But I'm not mad about it... The crashes are a bit annoying... Definitely fix that... But I'm not mad... The side missions are so in depth it is mind blowing... I love how each character feels real and has a life to tell you about or a perception of whats going on... It is really engaging and genuine... Something we don't get often with games... You guys worked your asses off and it shows... [...] I'm not worried about graphics... Their fine... Could be tuned a bit... like other games do all the time...but still a beautiful game... I love the enviroment... Also my GF loves the game too... She's a huge Sims 4 fan... So for her to like this game so much means you are making her feel like a GOD... Nd also giving her a lot to do in game...So Thats good...so Might have to buy a PS5 just so we can both play and not take turns lol... This should be game of the year... But all the hate might set it back... But just know there are people who love tf out of this game and appreciate all your hard work... Don't give up on your loyal supporters [...]... We patient people love this game and enjoy it... We get annoyed but the game makes up for it everytime...

Things I'm interested in seeing...
-More mods to add to V... Anything you can think of I'll take it...
- I want to take Judy out on dates and also have more intimate conversation and tbh be able to make V have more sex with her and normal stuff too like sit nd watch TV... Or go eat nd talk... Go swimming again... Shoot if you can let me pick her up for missions and just let her ride with me and help me F stuff up and hack nd stuff while I f stuff up lol ... Give her guns... Have her start random convos about her life and ask more about V...etc etc... Nd also do this for all love paths... May take a while but I believe in you guys... Go crazy with it...
- of course fix any bugs nd glitches... They aren't as bad as the people make them seem... I haven't had any game ending bad ones or none that have blown up my playstation 😂
- More customization... At least hair changes (style nd color) nd tattoo adding... Change nails... You know little stuff...
-More about V life... Maybe things from her past coming back to haunt her...
- add a couple throwback rap stations... I like Young Nudy... Playboi Carti... Nd other people who might add to the killing vibe of the game... I'm a black dude from Detroit so add some Detroit music or Flint music if you want but not necessarily... Any good throwback are good... whatever you can get cleared really will be fine... Pierre Bourne sounds very futuristic... All the songs are fine but add more diversity...
- nd anything else in yall realm of expertise yall can think of I'm fine with

Thank you for this amazing game... Can't wait to see what else you guys bring to the table of this amazing game... Bout to go play now 😂

Last edited by a moderator:
So... finally, here it is! What do you think about Cyberpunk?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote of the day:
I remember being apart of the burgeoning community when this game was announced back in 2012. Back then, the forums were mainly consisting of a small community, a lot of fans of the table top and RPGs in general, and I remember there were many threads discussing about our hopes for the game and the things we didn't want to see from it. Now I understand that we aren't the ones making the game, it wasn't crowdfunded, and as a company you already had your own vision of what you wanted to be. I've spent 75 hours with the game now, took a break, processed some things, reflected, and it has to be said. The thing that surprises me most about this game is that you basically took everything that the older community said they didn't want in the game and put it in, and everything we did want is just not present.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for myself, I have decided to let this game age in the cellar for 1-2 years to become a true masterpiece. If you played The Witcher Wild Hunt long enough, you know the difference between version 1.01 and 1.32. If you didn't, trust me - it was very noticeable. I enjoyed the game so much more when the bugs and rough edges were refined, so I am going to do this with Cyberpunk.
Well, I'm on Series X. The game seems fine so far, with 2 problems. Number 1, there's no Legacy stick layout, and no Southpaw stick layout. This is a huge deal breaker for me, I don't play games without also using my aiming and turning controller layout in Legacy, and neither does my friend Brian who uses Southpaw. Please add these settings, they're in every other game. I can't believe such a simple and common setting like basic stick layouts are missing.

The next problem is the settings menu. It doesn't allow leaving the settings menu if a setting was changed, any setting at all.

After 210+ hours of CP, I don't even know what I dislike more.

Stats and perks progression could've been nice, but they're a mess. 36 Street Cred (that's also meaningless, since the shit vendors have for you is exactly that) before The Heist meant I played more than half the game overstacking that stat for no real reason. At the same time though, 6 in Athletics after 120 hours of running and double-jumping through the game punching everything in VH.

The story was axed to shit to the point where you need to really struggle to connect the dots... Why's Goro wanting you in the first place, treating you like shit the next moment and then asking for help yet 2 seconds later? Or what happens in the Saka tower that Johnny gets from the dojo back on top of the tower? Why off Bug if you already had her there, alive and well, in the vertical slice from last year? Why have no way to save Jack, Why even bother with Meredith if she's just a one-nighter? Why gather cars if racing's another one-time event? Why gather gear if the stuff you gather in Act One can easily have you cruising the game on very hard difficulty? The lifepaths are a sad joke with virtually no impact on the daily life of the character, on the story or on the npcs you get to interact with. Why save npcs or talk'em out of dangerous situations if they leave no mark whatsover?

The side content's single-serving. The crafting system's a chore. The corporations are ghosts, Netwatchers, MaxTac, NCPD are pointless. Gangs are pointless (although they were hyped to the moon and back pre-release, with catchy phrases and set styles and attitudes).

Partners are just quest-locked and even there are shit at being partners (in 4 out 5 times doing The Heist, Jackie didn't help once with taking down an enemy in stealth when they were 2, Pam's help when rescuing Saul was coming late if at all, meaning she was commenting on targets I was downing that she was - probably - supposed to snipe). Evelyn's pointless, Judy's for decor, River's becoming one after his story arc, VBDs are just a plot trampoline, living in the worst part of the town that actually proves to also be the most deserted and dull.

Bugs and glitches galore (but that's the least of the game's problems). With road-side handrails that flatline you if you jump on them, Exploding trash bags that also kill you, missing collision when in melee fights, but not when bumping into ppl on the street, having the entire city block panic when I do a double-jump and land on a breakable prop or too close to a citizen. Magical NCPD wishing itself into existence - and on the topic of that, a fuckton of them obviously planted there to be interacted with, but ending up being less attractive than a SCSM - from the regular NCPD folks, to Max Tac, to Netwatchers. Riots, protests, road-blocks with nothing happening, murders, etc... all just decorations.

On the other hand, the cityscape is stunning. All the good, interesting things that could happen there... All the potential...

LE: Passed 300 hours in the game now and I have more gripes with it. Putting all quests and all fixers up front, visible and friendly was a poor choice to boot. It makes the street cred pretty pointless, it works against the game by not having you explore the environment and it turns the map into a mess. I don't know if there are more than 3 quests in total that tie into your reputation at all - be it street cred or the other percentage shown in the icon.

I discovered the Jinguji side quest, really late in the game though (at lvl 50). The way it's triggered, the way it continues and the way it ends shows everything right - and wrong - with how this game was planned. That is, a random chat with a random person enables the chain, your second visit there starts it and, at the end you could have the option of joining the a tier gang and as such giving more meaning to all the NCPD hustles you got involved in, in all the random conflicts between the badges and the gangs that you intervened in and sided with the blue guys- pretty much forced by the game mechanics. The problem is, the quest just shows up after that, the clothing stores tend to offer trash 99% of the time, the cyberpsycho's less than a threat than a car running you over as you jaywalk at times and the ending of the quest leaves a lil sour taste, a bitter thought that so much of the content that was planned didn't make it in the game at launch.

More and more convinced that CP2077 is a diamond in the rough, with immense potential. Here's hoping CDPR won't let it go to waste.

Last edited:
For me i liked the game being a while we didnt have rpg like that. Playing on a xbox one and i didnt see glitch like they show on face book. Probably modded to make cyberpunk look badder than IT appear. I ve done story with street kid ended Level 37 69 hours now im playing a corpo after that a nomad like the second Time more carefull. Because there is character that can be saved didnt know first Time. But for corpo Its gonna be important takemura live.

I really hope we will have Games New plus . Because my first i ve raise 4 attributs none of Them are maxed. Second character ive manage to max cap intelligence these Legendary hack are very Nice .like you force the Guy to draw his gun and shot himself in the head like movies scanner. Its old but i remember.. or turn them into cyberpsycho and they attack their Ally Berserker style these 2 hack can affect 2 ennemy or more. That make the silent kill useless cause with my cyberleg i can jump on a roof and make them tear each other apart. Without firing one bullet.

For my Third i will raise craft just to see if weapon are bad ass. And ask johnny to go with rogue for the ending... Im wondering i end up with Johnny voice and reply like Johnny option ? I also found clothes on my second play i didnt Get the first time like "Tell me im cute hat" or that strangely shaped one handed blunt Weapons you know what im talking about IT vibrating!!!

Hope cd projeckt will keep up and release cool stuff the games have to keep going with dlc multiplayer etc etc we didnt wait 8 years to See that plane crash it would be a shame.

Nobody is talking about Assassin's creed Valhalla my quest are bugged glitched since day one and i cannot finish my goddamn story and they didnt patch IT yet.... 2 month later. The only thing Dev told me is... Start a New game yeah right my save have 170 hours play all the freaking marker on map are done the one not bugged if course. And the only one thing i got is "we are sorry do IT again" eeeeehhhh nope give me my money back i got "we are Sorry but no"

Nobody talk about that the whole world is focusing on cyberpunk. Even people who never tried it. But cyberpunk is a game i can finish. And have credit roll. Saying you are done

I regret buying Valhalla but not cyberpunk. Cyberpunk is for adult not much Games are for adult i ve one request make people on street react when im running naked😇 😇😇😇🤘 :love::LOL::ROFLMAO:

My very schematic review after finishing ALL side quests, endings, and lifepaths.

Techinical: PS5 version, for some reason we don't have a quality mode as Xbox has, so we're stuck with the 60fps mode. City is literally empty in particular when driving, too many pop-in and, most annoying thing, it crashes. EVERY. ONE/TWO. HOURS. Hotfix 1.06 didn't do anything at all. Tons of bugs that force you to reload every half an hour. At this point we demand that next gen patch will give total support to adaptive triggers and won't be just "same old gen game but with RT on", it needs to go close to a comparable PC with texture and no pop-in due to the blazing fast SSD. Even worse, PS4 version is literally unplayable. I don't understand why they gave the finger to console users who are half of their customers, but we will remember about this. Fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me.

Narrative: here I wrote about the problems. TL;DR main quest is too short and linear, total lack of significant consequences for choices is a huge problem in an RPG, side quests are not intertwined with the main quest (as promised) and not as good as they were in W3, too much suspension of disbelief when doing side content with the urgency of main quest. Relationship with silverhand is weird (see the linked thread).

Music: I liked music, in particular songs in vexelradio (which not surprisingly were used in all marketing material) but the best is, as usual, the in-house stuff like main menu and all combat themes.

Art design: Night city is beautiful even with all those technical issues and no interactivity at all. The only real thing that keeps me coming back to the game. I hoped for a little more ads around the city, in particular with a different theme than sex but what is there is very cool.

First person: It was the right choice, it works very well, except for driving because in some cars the windshield is too small and there's no back window at all, so you're forced into third person from time to time.

Driving: except for its weird physics that got a little better with patches, it's fine. Not great, not even good TBH, but it does its job.

AI: is so stupid that ruins the game. Literally worse than playstation 2 AI (GTA 3 is much better on this, go check it out), in particular police spawning behind you and not following if you leave. Not only it breaks the immersion every time you interact with (or fight) something or just watch NPCs "living their lives", but also makes different builds just flavour and not real strategies since it breaks by itself with no even need to try. You can either brute force every situation or just trick the AI with simple moves. Stealth is totally un-recommended if you want to enjoy the game, the least you look at the enemies getting dumber, the better.

Gunplay: I must say that the animation team did a great job HERE since weapons are very cool. You can't say the same for ragdoll but it's a minor problem. Jumping, sliding, covering and shooting, it's all fun. Not a challenge and just flavour due to AI, but that alone is fine.

Melee: very basic but that's fine. Blades do a very weird "gooey" sound when hitting enemies (like a pudding if you know what I mean) but the nice combat music covers it.

Netrunning: totally broken and ridiculously easy to destroy the game. You don't even need to enter a building to kill every inhabitant. Use it with a tech sniper rifle and... oh boy, oh boy... :facepalm:

Combat overall: AI ruins it very very hard, but if you close your eyes and go guns blazing it is surprisingly fun since you feel like one of those immortal action heroes. Not a compliment to the game, but you can find good things in it.

Level design: the main quest is so linear in some missions that you can't even talk about design, but all side quests have different access points and make different builds shine. I liked it. Not particularly complex (not possible in a game of this scale) but it works very well.

Braindance: it's cool the first time you do it, the second time it gets boring. It's like an advanced version of the basic "investigation/witcher senses" we saw in too many games (here as well).

Crafting: just nonsensical. You don't need it at all because the game behaves like a looter shooter, so you always get better stuff and you need to upgrade yours to keep up. Which makes crafting a chore and just for the flavor since what you loot is more than enough. On the other hand, it's the only way you have not to dress like a clown since it's impossible to buy clothes you want and of the desired colour. Probably because if they let us buy stuff, crafting would be totally useless? They put tech weapons skills in there for the same reason? Also, you can use it to break the game economy with no effort at all. I don't know how this passed QA.

Vendors: you can't buy what you need, loot is overwhelming and always better, stuff is extremely expensive. They're there just fr you to sell the weapons and trash you find. I think it says it all.

Loot: it's so bad, soooooooo bad. Goddamn looter shooters. Why couldn't they do it like skyrim where weapons and armours have fixed stats? Isn't skyrim an RPG? It'd also give value to the different brands of weapons they put in the game, while now it's all about the highest number no matter what. And those legendary/epic descriptors in a cyberpunk game? God. Annoying, immersion-breaking, and forces you to dress like a clown. It ruins the gaming experience. Just bad. Also, level gating is the worst desing in the world. If you really need that because you can't balance the game properly, just don't make items appear until you meet the requirements.

Progression system:
- cyberware is just great. It works, you can also make synergistic combinations, give you active skills that makes sense. Kudos.
- enemies and missions don't show their level, which is immersive (even if not optimal since it's still a looter shooters, they should've had fixed stats according to their affiliation and grade, like arasaka always better than scavengers and totally remove the looter shooter elements)
- "the more you do the better you get" approach is very good. I like that the more I use a weapon the better I get at it
- Level system is not optimal contrary to cyberware and improving skills but it's fine
- different builds are potentially great but AI makes them just flavour (as I said before) and totally overpower very quickly

Just a side note for racing and boxing quests: racing is ridiculously easy with rubber banding (but NPCs can't win) and boxing just have ridiculously OP NPCs with a stupid AI that you need to trick in order to beat them. Next time better not to put them in the game at all.

The marketing campaign has been almost criminal (and 4 class actions are telling me I'm not that wrong) and literally offensive, with all those youtubers and select audience BS who could watch gameplay if they paid a ticket. Not affecting the game, but definitely my respect for CDPR.

To sum up: the game has a lot of problems and broken promises. Many of those problems are the same W3 had and it fails to solve them when it tries (e.g. different builds are non-effective due to idiot AI). On the other hand, it is more fun to play than W3 but does not excel in the narrative, which is what made their previous game so good. Main quest is too short with no real choice and consequences if not for the last mission. Art design, music, lore, linear story and, if you like it, the fun you get from easily becoming an immortal god in combat, save the game.

PS5 score: 7.5/10, 8 if they fix all bugs and crashes and tweak some stuff. Can't get above 8 unless they completely redo AI and add C&C to main quest (impossible)

PS4 score: not playable at all.

Wouldn't pre-order it again and won't trust CDPR again.

Crafting useless thats probably why your V is dress like a clown. Clown aint that bad i know what im talking about i crafted my hack a there is hack you cant get unless you craft it like suicide cyberpsychose and self detonating grenade cant be Found in blue or green

Goddamn looter shooters.

You know, I got to feel a bit smug in a very sad way.

Called it already years ago. Me and Su and some others. All the warning signs were in the air. With the company fanboys defending it ”No, no, you’re wrong, they said it’s going to be an arr pee gee first and foremost... not a shooter nono.”

And now look at this mess. The game is a damn looter shooter with only a pinch of RPG.

So all you need to "enjoy" this lazy half-cooked mediocre looter shooter action adventure to its fullest is a 3000 doller gaming rig?
nope I got 15fps max on a 5950x + 6800xt whatever ingame settings whatever resolution, i can't play this "game" i paid for

nope I got 15fps max on a 5950x + 6800xt whatever ingame settings whatever resolution, i can't play this "game" i paid for

Damn... i run a i7 4790K with a rx590 and 16 gigs of ram and get somewhat "stable" 40 fps on high settings at 1080p... what's up with that?

You know, I got to feel a bit smug in a very sad way.

Called it already years ago. Me and Su and some others. All the warning signs were in the air. With the company fanboys defending it ”No, no, you’re wrong, they said it’s going to be an arr pee gee first and foremost... not a shooter nono.”

And now look at this mess. The game is a damn looter shooter with only a pinch of RPG.
I was one of the "some others" who saw the looter shooter as well. I just hoped for more role-playing, at least to W3's levels, which was not even that RPG but at least had significant C&C. They promised replayability on those bases but they lied really hard.

So all you need to "enjoy" this lazy half-cooked mediocre looter shooter action adventure to its fullest is a 3000 doller gaming rig?

Had 2 crashes in 200 hours, playing on ultra high (no rtx, though, as it was murdering my framerate). 2700X and 2060 RTX with 16 gb of ram. What I did have were 10183947493 reloads due to bugs, getting flatlined by a trolling environment and so on. Still couldn't enjoy the game 'cause no matter what I tried, my choice, my lifepath, my equipment didn't alter anything in the game. In a way... No, in all possible ways, Mass Effect 3 had more consequences of my choices than this game does. So much so that the RGB bullshit at the end can be easily forgiven, whereas the constant bullshit here cannot.

I'm looking forward to the part where I can actually enjoy the game for the reason I bought it. 'Cause if I wanted a looter shooter, I could've just reinstalled Division 2 (where the stuff to do doesn't end when the main chunk of the story does and where the side quests have at least a semblance of an effect, with outpost changing hands). Doubt a 10 eddies rig can offer that currently.

No walking toggle = 0/10.

When they add it's a 9/10 so far. Though I see potential for 10/10. But if we take all the bugs into consideration it's more like a 7-8/10 probably.

you know why there is no slow walk in CP2077??? Because in Witcher 3, nobody was using slow walking... everybody was running around as fast as possible.... that's why movement is faster in the game, and you have option to sprint....
Post automatically merged:

Had 2 crashes in 200 hours, playing on ultra high (no rtx, though, as it was murdering my framerate). 2700X and 2060 RTX with 16 gb of ram. What I did have were 10183947493 reloads due to bugs, getting flatlined by a trolling environment and so on. Still couldn't enjoy the game 'cause no matter what I tried, my choice, my lifepath, my equipment didn't alter anything in the game. In a way... No, in all possible ways, Mass Effect 3 had more consequences of my choices than this game does. So much so that the RGB bullshit at the end can be easily forgiven, whereas the constant bullshit here cannot.

I'm looking forward to the part where I can actually enjoy the game for the reason I bought it. 'Cause if I wanted a looter shooter, I could've just reinstalled Division 2 (where the stuff to do doesn't end when the main chunk of the story does and where the side quests have at least a semblance of an effect, with outpost changing hands). Doubt a 10 eddies rig can offer that currently.

MassEffect was about saving the galaxy.. Cyberpunk 2077 is about saving yourself.. ending you get, is ending you deserve based on what you did in that story... and its selfcontained story with some open choices. its up to you what you do, but dont expect whole world to change because of single V character decisions...

you know why there is no slow walk in CP2077??? Because in Witcher 3, nobody was using slow walking... everybody was running around as fast as possible.... that's why movement is faster in the game, and you have option to sprint....
Post automatically merged:

MassEffect was about saving the galaxy.. Cyberpunk 2077 is about saving yourself.. ending you get, is ending you deserve based on what you did in that story... and its selfcontained story with some open choices. its up to you what you do, but dont expect whole world to change because of single V character decisions...

Actually... doesn't matter one bit what you do in the story... endings are the same no matter your "decisions" in both games... there is no "coice" V could have made at any point that would have let to a different outcome... the game/story just would not permit that!

Aight, I finished the game - took me about... 75 hours or so.

Already mentioned most of my thoughts in my earlier posts, but to summarize:

OK gameplay, starts off weak with spongy enemies, gets better if you invest more skillpoints in the right areas and get some decent gear, so not too bad. Overall, enjoyed it. Seems like there are some interesting options to try out, so that's also cool.

Open World - surprisingly weak, given that they mostly had this figured out in The Witcher 3. Don't know what happened there, completely dropped the ball. Side quests (aside from the, what., like... 4-5 "main" side quest chains?) were most often boring and repetitive, lacking in any sort of interesting storytelling. I cleared all the "side jobs" on the map (minus the Delamain crap and buying all the cars), and while there were some interesting quests there, they were both too short and also too few to make wading through all the boring ones just to find them worth it. That, for me, was the biggest disappointment in the game.

I'd already lowered my expectaions in terms of role-playing after the 48-minute demo and seeing that limited Witcher dialog tree and V's set mercenary status - something that worked great for a game about a strong, predefined character like Geralt, not so much for V. Honestly, CDPR should have either gone for another completely pre-defined character or for more player freedom in defining the character, not this weird halfway point. Whatever the experiment was, it didn't work, in my opinion.

Music - Great score, fit the scenes and the tone of the game well, liked it, although the sound mixing was off in a few places. As for the radio - a couple of decent tracks (and I do mean a couple) but, all in all, I thought it was forgettable.

Visuals - Great. I played on a GTX 1080 so I couldn't max everything out, and no RTX either, but the visuals still looked great and the art direction was on point, too.

I guess I'll also mention the cutscenes here, since it was a departure from the very nice, cinematic dialog cutscenes from The Witcher series. I strongly believe that players got conneted to Geralt in TW games partly thanks to actually seeing him and his reactions in dialog scenes. I think sticking to first person dialog scenes may have been more "immersive" or whatever, but I think the player's connection to their character suffered because of it. It would have even been a decent way to make the character's visual customisation meaningful in some way, at least.

Story and choice - I'll just put this bit on a spoiler tag:

Story was ok. Not enough meat on it to really make it work, in my opinion. The ending felt like it was expecting me to have had some sort of grand adventure with this cast o characters, but I'd barely spent any time with them. The attempt at making you feel like you were avout to witness some big conclusion to some grand adventure did not feel earned. I didn't care about V and I didn't care about the other characters either. Not enough to elicit the emotional response the game seemed to be expecting.

On choices and consequences - damn, I know The Witcher 3 was a step back from The Witcher 2, but I was hoping that Cyberpunk would try to do more in that aspect once again, now that an open world was nothing new to CDPR. Welp, didn't really happen, very disappointing. Oh, and the Lifepaths proved to be nothing more than flavour, just like I was araid they would end up.

Anyway, I ended up asking the Nomads for help (I was playing a Nomad V, so it only seemed right) and, in the end, let Johnny have V's body, while V went off to have adventures beyound the Blackwall. Wasn't a particularly difficult or interesting choice, in my opinion. Exploring what Soulkiller does and the implications of the cut/paste nature of the conscience transfer process seemed like a missed opportunity to me.

I think that's about it. Ultimately, I liked the game, I think it's one of the better games I've played, but below CDPR standards. Way below what I would have liked to see them push for, too.

Last edited:
On my 3rd Playthrough, I am seriously addicted to this game! The City is grungy and I love strolling through it, the Story is absolutely fantastic and engaging and the character development is, Breathtaking.

There are a few small things that I would have suggested to CDPR to add to the game to improve it from purely an aesthetic point of view, this isn't a rant, I love the game, these things would make it even better IMO:

1.) Motorbikes - Let us do Wheelie's and Stoppies! This is a really low hanging fruit item that would make them way more fun. I ride motorbikes IRL and I was sad to see we couldn't do things like this on them in the game :p

2.) Characters and Relationships - Once the side quests are done the characters you are romantically involved with as well as your friends become useless and can't be interacted with. Perhaps adding a loop in where you can check out a restaurant or do some kind of repeatable side mission around night city with a repeatable voice loop would make it feel less isolated and cut off and you could actually explore more of NC. Also, being able to call any of your crew up and have them as a follower to help with some side missions would be nice. More interaction with all of your 'Friends' is required.

3.) Character Appearance - We put all the effort into choosing our character's appearance but can't alter it once done? Even Geralt had Hair Salons... Some kind of place that would re-enter the character creation screen so you could modify V's "Chrome", Hair, Eye Color, etc.

4.) As above, Tattoo Parlors - Seems like it would be a cool idea, add a community content creator so we can go all out customizing tattoos, other games have stuff like this, Forza's Car Livery is an example.

5.) Customizable Cars - At least the Paint Jobs? Neon Lights?

6.) Customizable Clothing - Some of the clothes have cool cyberpunk illumination, colors on/off Lights etc. Let us change this up?

7.) NPC Responses - As an example If you rock up to the Aldecaldos camp in something like a "Little Mule", could have the random NPC's say something like "Nice Ride", alternatively if you rock up in a sports car have them say something like "whose the rich kid"? Same goes for tattoos or clothing? just would help with the immersion factor. This goes the same way if you are driving a monster truck like "Beast" through the rich part of the city. Fairly GTA style heckling but its all about immersion into the world.

8.) Garage - Let us store a couple of stolen cars in our Garage, make it a perk to be able to hack the security off of them or something so that you need earn it?

9.) Random Generated Gigs - Gigs on a never ending loop to allow you to continue grinding for perks, crafting materials and level to allow you to actually make use of all parts of the skill tree as well as earn eddies would be nice. Similar to the Public Events on Destiny 2 or the strike Playlist, allow us to never run out of the ability to do missions if we want to grind for things.

10.) Clothing and Appearance - Transmogs or something like Infusing would be good, there are so many cool clothing items to customize how V looks but getting them to reasonable level with mod slots is nigh impossible. Clothing vendors don't sell all the various items and there is no way to make a white item, Green > Blue > Purple > Gold, unless it is a named item. Just allow us to make our character look how we want!

11.) New Game Plus - I know that this is coming :D

Top Bottom