Cyberpunk 2077 runs bad on my PC! Stuttery, blurry, grainy, texture not loading looking mess! ???

+
First could not launch the game (flatlined error).
I reinstall the game. Install the latest driver from Nvidia. Updated Windows 10. Closed all overlays. Nothing worked. I was so frustrated for two days. Scoured the internet for a fix. Found the Avx mod from Nexus. Like magic the game launched.

I loaded a new game with 1080p High settings upon looking to the system requirements table. To my surprise the game runs very bad. The ride to V apartment was a slide show.

Changed the settings to medium. The same performance. Changed to low. The same.

Played with settings for two hours. But nothing seemed to work. I was shocked that my pc was getting such low FPS on 1080p low, low population density because the table requirements said I could run the game just fine.

I exited the game and started to search online for what was going on. Found people were having problems.

Again spend countless hours reading online, trying different things. Reinstalled the game, reinstalled the graphics drivers after getting rid of them with DDU, reinstalled all the redistributables, disabled all overlays, used the AVX fix, power plan put on High performance in control panel for CPU, clean up with CCleaner, run virus scan with antivirus and Malwarebytes. Even reinstalled Windows 10. Even bought a RX 580 4gb used, initially had a GTX 1060 6gb. Nothing worked.

The game run bad, stuttered, low fps and looked bad, blurred, grainy, texture not loading.

Here is a video of how incredibly horrible it runs on my pc:

Interestingly other games like Metro Exodus, Death Stranding, Red Dead Redemption 2, The Outer Worlds, Doom Eternal, The Witcher 3 run flawlessly on 1080p high-ultra with 50-60 fps or more and looked very good. Even run okish at ~4k with 25-35 fps and look flawless.

Here are two videos of how the other games run on my pc at both at 1080p and ~4k.

4k:

1080p:

Game its patched to 1.06.

Like its not enough that game quality in recent years has gotten worse in terms of gameplay AI(stupid) ( cough Anthem, Fallout 76, Watch Dogs, Far Cry 5), difficulty of games(marker for quests, difficulty choice, easy even on max difficulty cough Skyrim) , story/plot(boring, broken, illogical, ridiculous), ugly, plain looking main characters, no atmosphere, loot boxes, microtransactions with chore like progress (cough Assassin's Creed Odyssey, Star Wars Battlefront 2) , obsessive focus on coop, online, multiplayer, battle royale(cough Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Diablo series going online and mobile, Apex Legend, Fornite, Pubg, Valorant) .

Now we have horrendous performance(cough Fallout 76, Batman Arkham Knight) , easy access, millions of dlc and patches.

Q: Why is it running so bad when i met the 1080p High System Requirements?

Q: Why is it blurry, grainy even after disabling film grain and motion blur?o_O

Q: How is it that it runs worse on 1080p low then Red Dead Redemption 2 on 3200x1800p on medium-high on my pc?

Q: How come a game from 5 years ago The Witcher 3 and 7 years ago Crysis 3 looks better then this supposed graphical wonder?:rolleyes:

link image Witcher 3: https://ibb.co/k4T0hjL
link image Crysis 3: https://ibb.co/CntHKP7
link image Cyberpunk 2077: https://ibb.co/6Zr7XVy

Q: Anyone has any idea?

PC SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 1700
MOBO: Asus PRIME B350-PLUS
RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO White 16GB DDR4 3200 MHz CL 16
SSD: SanDisk Plus 240 GB
HDD: Seagate 1TB 7200RPM
GPU: XFX AMD Radeon RX 580 GTS XXX Edition 4GB
PSU: Seasonic M12II Evo 550w
Cooler CPU: AMD Wraith Spire
Case: Cooler Master MasterBox 5 White
Tv: Samsung UE50NU7472 4k 60 hz & Samsung UE32J5100 1080p 60 Hz
Operating System: Windows 10x64

Last edited:
First could not launch the game (flatlined error).
I reinstall the game. Install the latest driver from Nvidia. Updated Windows 10. Closed all overlays. Nothing worked. I was so frustrated for two days. Scoured the internet for a fix. Found the Avx mod from Nexus. Like magic the game launched.

I loaded a new game with 1080p High settings upon looking to the system requirements table. To my surprise the game runs very bad. The ride to V apartment was a slide show.

Changed the settings to medium. The same performance. Changed to low. The same.

Played with settings for two hours. But nothing seemed to work. I was shocked that my pc was getting such low FPS on 1080p low, low population density because the table requirements said I could run the game just fine.

I exited the game and started to search online for what was going on. Found people were having problems.

Again spend countless hours reading online, trying different things. Reinstalled the game, reinstalled the graphics drivers after getting rid of them with DDU, reinstalled all the redistributables, disabled all overlays, used the AVX fix, power plan put on High performance in control panel for CPU, clean up with CCleaner, run virus scan with antivirus and Malwarebytes. Even reinstalled Windows 10. Even bought a RX 580 4gb used, initially had a GTX 1060 6gb. Nothing worked.

The game run bad, stuttered, low fps and looked bad, blurred, grainy, texture not loading.

Here is a video of how incredibly horrible it runs on my pc:

Interestingly other games like Metro Exodus, Death Stranding, Red Dead Redemption 2, The Outer Worlds, Doom Eternal, The Witcher 3 run flawlessly on 1080p high-ultra with 50-60 fps or more and looked very good. Even run okish at ~4k with 25-35 fps and look flawless.

Here are two videos of how the other games run on my pc at both at 1080p and ~4k.

4k:

1080p:

Game its patched to 1.06.

Like its not enough that game quality in recent years has gotten worse in terms of gameplay AI(stupid) ( cough Anthem, Fallout 76, Watch Dogs, Far Cry 5), difficulty of games(marker for quests, difficulty choice, easy even on max difficulty cough Skyrim) , story/plot(boring, broken, illogical, ridiculous), ugly, plain looking main characters, no atmosphere, loot boxes, microtransactions with chore like progress (cough Assassin's Creed Odyssey, Star Wars Battlefront 2) , obsessive focus on coop, online, multiplayer, battle royale(cough Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Diablo series going online and mobile, Apex Legend, Fornite, Pubg, Valorant) .

Now we have horrendous performance(cough Fallout 76, Batman Arkham Knight) , easy access, millions of dlc and patches.

Q: Why is it running so bad when i met the 1080p High System Requirements?

Q: Why is it blurry, grainy even after disabling film grain and motion blur?o_O

Q: How is it that it runs worse on 1080p low then Red Dead Redemption 2 on 3200x1800p on medium-high on my pc?

Q: How come a game from 5 years ago The Witcher 3 and 7 years ago Crysis 3 looks better then this supposed graphical wonder?:rolleyes:

link image Witcher 3: https://ibb.co/k4T0hjL
link image Crysis 3: https://ibb.co/CntHKP7
link image Cyberpunk 2077: https://ibb.co/6Zr7XVy

Q: Anyone has any idea?

Try different nvidea drivers . I would role back four driver releases and beginn testing towards the newer ones! (remember to remove the old ones properly before you install the new/old ones) is the game installed on a ssd? if not there is an hdd option in the menus you should try!

Try different nvidea drivers . I would role back four driver releases and beginn testing towards the newer ones! (remember to remove the old ones properly before you install the new/old ones) is the game installed on a ssd? if not there is an hdd option in the menus you should try!

I replaced my GTX 1060 6GB with RX 580 4GB. Though my GPU was the problem. Game is on a SSD. SanDisk Plus 240GB.

Q: How do u roll back drivers on AMD?

Q: Do u know why is the game blurry and grainy even if motion blur and frilm grain are off? Its so annoying its like i need glasses.

well wenn i run the game it takes up 6,5 gigs of vram... (running a rx590)

Have no problems in Doom Eternal on ultra settings textures. I played on 3200x1800 even if it says its over 4 GB. It was fine. No stutter as u can see in the video:

Q: It uses more 4GB Vram on 1080p low?

I don't believe it. Doom Eternal does not use at 1080p High more then 3.9 GB.

Have no problems in Doom Eternal on ultra settings textures. I played even it says its over 4 GB. It was fine. No stutter as u can see in the video:

oh, i believe you... the game is a mess! all i can tell you is that in my opinion this game is not worth the hassle...

iCake

Forum veteran
What's your CPU? When changing graphical settings doesn't affect performance it is indicative of a CPU not coping with the game and this game is known to be quite heavy on CPU.

Hmm, I see it's a Ryzen 1700X. It's not a very good CPU for this game, but 15 fps? That's not how it should run either. The performance charts show that both your CPU and GPU are fully saturated, which is not a surprise with GPU, but still, it's 15 fps. Something might be hogging resources here. I heard some Asus Suite or whatever that overclocking program from Asus is called has a bad effect on preformance with the game. Anything like that on your computer?

What's your CPU? When changing graphical settings doesn't affect performance it is indicative of a CPU not coping with the game and this game is known to be quite heavy on CPU.

Hmm, I see it's a Ryzen 1700X. It's not a very good CPU for this game, but 15 fps? That's not how it should run either. The performance charts show that both your CPU and GPU are fully saturated, which is not a surprise with GPU, but still, it's 15 fps. Something might be hogging resources here. I heard some Asus Suite or whatever that overclocking program from Asus is called had a bad effect on preformance with the game. Anything like that on your computer?

I replaced my GPU GTX 1060 6GB with XFX 580 4GB. No Asus suite anymore. It ran bad even on GTX 1060 6GB.

The rest of the new games run well. Rather too well as u can see from the videos above.
My PC meets the 1080p High System Requirements.
16_9_EN_3-_02qt7qdkx3b50kqk.jpg

I replaced my GPU GTX 1060 6GB with XFX 580 4GB. No Asus suite anymore. It ran bad even on GTX 1060 6GB.

The rest of the new games run well. Rather too well as u can see from the videos above.
My PC meets the 1080p High System Requirements.View attachment 11119214
The game just runs bad. It will not run better unless you have RTX 2060 or superior.

This can help though https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/183?tab=description&BH=0
Cyber Engine Tweaks will not do anything because it doesn't force ini settings that good. Try the one i linked above.

BTW, your processor is bottlenecking your GPU. You will have to change your MB and processor if you want to take full advantage of that graphic card or if you want to upgrade to something better. I recommend the Ryzen 5 3600.

The game just runs bad. It will not run better unless you have RTX 2060 or superior.

This can help though https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/183?tab=description&BH=0

BTW, your processor is bottlenecking your GPU. You will have to change your MB and processor if you want to take full advantage of that graphic card or if you want to upgrade to something better. I recommend the Ryzen 5 3600.

My processor its not bottlenecking Red Dead Redemption 2, Death Stranding, Witcher3, Metro Exodus, The Outer Words why would it with Cyberpunk 2077.

But in the video the GPU its 99%-100% usage.
Q: How its GPU bottleneck?

Lenschow told me to use Cyber Engine Tweaks.

Q: Its not the same thing. If not which is better?

Cyber Engine Tweaks will not do anything because it doesn't force ini settings that good. Try the one i linked above.

It might not be a GPU problem. It could be the CPU and in that case Cyber Engine Tweaks might help.

if you need an AVX fix to run the game than you do not meet recommended system specs. this means your CPU is not up to par.
if your CPU does support AVX instruction sets but still needs the "fix" than it is either an earlier implementation that is not compatible or there is an issue with your CPU or motherboard and/or their drivers.

your issue with a "grainy" look may possibly be an auto-implementation of AMD Fidelity settings. anything below ~90% minimum will result in the fidelity of the image being broken down in real-time to lower resolutions to conserve fps and noticeably causing the image(s) to downgrade. it usually looks like crap, almost as if pixels are just disappearing through the game.
see if you can disable this in AMD's control software and in the game settings.

and low tier GPUs with 4 or 6GB of vram is not enough to enable these types of modern effects at higher resolutions and still get decent fps.
claiming a game only uses 3.9GB of vram when you only have 4GB available is just an issue with your logic. of course the game is not going to be able to use more than you have available.
just because a GPU is reaching 100% usage doesn't mean it can actually handle the images being produced. it can still be a bottleneck due to insufficient processing\memory speed and/or insufficient vram.
it will still max out at ~100% but just doesn't have the power to push it at a decent fps, therefore becoming a bottleneck.

Last edited:
My processor its not bottlenecking Red Dead Redemption 2, Death Stranding, Witcher3, Metro Exodus, The Outer Words why would it with Cyberpunk 2077.

Lenschow told me to use Cyber Engine Tweaks.

Q: Its not the same thing. If not which is better?

Oh, my bad. Thought you were talking about 4k gaming.

Talking about mods, well, i use both. Cyber Engine gave me 2 more fps and better stability, Config Overhaul increased my fps from 45 to almost 70. Just try them. They're easy to install and delete.

Anyway, there you have kind of a workaround if you want to use it.

Why would you compare Cyberpunk 2077 to Metro Exodus and Doom? All of these run on vastly different engines that handle resources differently. id Tech 6 is optimized very well and runs smoothly on a toaster. 4A Engine that powers Metro Exodus was first released in 2010 and at this point it's a polished and mature product.

On topic: your system is just slightly more powerful than the minimum recommended specs. Which means no matter what you do it's very unlikely you'll get a stable 60 PFS. It's not quite possible on my i7 4790 and a GTYX 1080 Ti. The "Slow HDD Mode" helps but only because I have 11GB VRAM.

the grain effect is a problem of screen space reflection. try off or psycho and see the difference.

anyway gpu like 580/1060 are not good in this game, but I suggest you use the 1060, this game eat vram, 4gb are not enough. you need a 1080 to run it properly

i have rx580 4gb oc 1500/2250, even at low i have drop under 30 in some situations even if in others i run it 40-50 fps, for this I use settings medium/high, the minimum fps not change, avg 40.

texture are broken, even at low need more than 4gb, high texture on 1080p need 6gb about.

texture option are only in the start menu

fog and screen space reflection are the most heavy setting

i advise you to use fidelitycas (80-90%) to increase avg even if you lose quality

anyway the game need patches, a lot

sorry for my english!

Last edited:
if you need an AVX fix to run the game than you do not meet recommended system specs. this means your CPU is not up to par.
if your CPU does support AVX instruction sets but still needs the "fix" than it is either an earlier implementation that is not compatible or there is an issue with your CPU or motherboard and/or their drivers.

your issue with a "grainy" look may possibly be an auto-implementation of AMD Fidelity settings. anything below ~90% minimum will result in the fidelity of the image being broken down in real-time to lower resolutions to conserve fps.
see if you can disable this in AMD's control software and in the game settings.

and low tier GPUs with 4 or 6GB of vram is not enough to enable these types of modern effects at higher resolutions and still get decent fps.
claiming a game only uses 3.9GB of vram when you only have 4GB available is just an issue with your logic. of course the game is not going to be able to use more than you have available.

AMD FX 8310 has AVX instructions but Ryzen 1700 dont? Common. Seriously? :D
It needed when it was 1.03. I resinstalled with 1.06. No AVX fix. Works now.
My PC meets the 1080p high system requirements.

It is grainy and blurry even with Fidelity setting off.
Post automatically merged:

Why would you compare Cyberpunk 2077 to Metro Exodus and Doom? All of these run on vastly different engines that handle resources differently. id Tech 6 is optimized very well and runs smoothly on a toaster. 4A Engine that powers Metro Exodus was first released in 2010 and at this point it's a polished and mature product.

On topic: your system is just slightly more powerful than the minimum recommended specs. Which means no matter what you do it's very unlikely you'll get a stable 60 PFS. It's not quite possible on my i7 4790 and a GTYX 1080 Ti. The "Slow HDD Mode" helps but only because I have 11GB VRAM.
It ran with 11-20 FPS on my GTX 1060 6GB at 1080p low. It meet the system requirements for 1080p high(I guess 30 FPS) conform the table. No?

It runs on Red Dead Redemption 2 on 3200x1800 on High-Medium settings with 26-30 FPS but Cyberpunk can't run 30 FPS on 1080p low . Common.
I get 50-60 FPS on Red Dead Redemption 2 1080p Medium-High with RX 580 4GB.

It's clear the optimization its bad or something.

the grain effect is a problem of screen space reflection. try off or psycho and see the difference.

anyway gpu like 580/1060 are not good in this game, but I suggest you use the 1060, this game eat vram, 4gb are not enough. you need a 1080 to run it properly

i have rx580 4gb oc 1500/2250, even at low i have drop under 30 in some situations even if in others i run it 40-50 fps, for this I use settings medium/high, the minimum fps not change, avg 40.

texture are broken, even at low need more than 4gb, high texture on 1080p need 6gb about.

texture option are only in the start menu

fog and screen space reflection are the most heavy setting

i advise you to use fidelitycas (80-90%) to increase avg even if you lose quality

anyway the game need patches, a lot

sorry for my english!

My pc can run Red Dead Redemption 2 just fine.

Q: In what world a game uses more then 6GB at the 1080p low texture?

Its really that messed up? It means they lied about system requirements.
I used fidely cas 70%. Did u not watch the video?

So screen space reflection is bugged. They really messed this game. Textures are on low.

Q: But the blurryness?

Q: Wont the game look even blurry, grainy with Cyber Engine Tweaks?

Oh, my bad. Thought you were talking about 4k gaming.

Talking about mods, well, i use both. Cyber Engine gave me 2 more fps and better stability, Config Overhaul increased my fps from 45 to almost 70. Just try them. They're easy to install and delete.

Anyway, there you have kind of a workaround if you want to use it.
I'll try both. Thanks. Hope its not to blurry, grainy looking with Screen Space off and the two configs.

Last edited:
Top Bottom