Cyberpunk 2077 2.0?

+

What would you prefer?

• "Hello Games mode" ON and make the game as close as possible to the promises even if takes years

Votes: 170 71.1%
  • The game failed, no reason to waste time and resource on it, just move on after patches and free DLC

Votes: 17 7.1%
  • Release what you intended to release (patches, DLC, expansions) and then move on

Votes: 30 12.6%
  • Release DLCs and expansions then start development of the sequel using assets (models etc.) of CP77

Votes: 22 9.2%

• Total voters
I'd go with the Hello Games option from those.

Not fond of the idea that it'd take years, but if they manage to fix this game and use it as the base product for producing sequels (1 or 2 max, though) and/or DLC's (that all add and further improve the overall game), yeah. Maybe it could be worth it to eventually have one big game with one city and a trilogy's worth of stories and content and gameplay opportunities.

But as for simply doing what No Man's Sky did... nah. It's not the kind of game where that would be sustainable.

I'd go with the Hello Games option from those.

Not fond of the idea that it'd take years, but if they manage to fix this game and use it as the base product for producing sequels (1 or 2 max, though) and/or DLC's (that all add and further improve the overall game), yeah. Maybe it could be worth it to eventually have one big game with one city and a trilogy's worth of stories and content and gameplay opportunities.

But as for simply doing what No Man's Sky did... nah. It's not the kind of game where that would be sustainable.
What do you define as a fix? Bug fix? Adding something like cop AI is rather monumental and hardly just a fix. It becomes a feature.

No Man's Sky is a different beast and suits more for continuous support, but let's say schedule like this:
1) Spring 2021 - general bug fixes and free DLC.
2) Summer 2021 - first expansion.
3) Winter 21-22 - second expansion.
4) Second half of 22 - major overhaul of the game with many new features. Something they worked on since beginning of 21.

In my view the best thing CDPR could do at this point would be to bugfix the game and start working on Cyberpunk 2 right away using the map and assets (weapons etc...) already made.
This would allow them to concentrate on deep branching quests / faction systems / deep character customization and real background integration into the story etc...

What do you define as a fix?

Bug and AI fixes are something that don't even need to be mentioned. It is a given that that area will be tackled with to some length (they are in such a bad shape).

My "fix" would be more on content and systems side. Like the horrible loot and crafting things, weak and lacking character systems, lack of interactivity and player agency, emergent gameplay elements.... that kind of stuff.

Later on comes additional content, DLC's and all that jazz.

I chose Hello option, however, I would personally go with TES option, and allow the game to be heavily modded. Appropriate, no?

How disappointing to see a unique building that states Open 24 hours, but the doors are locked, and windows are opaque.

Is like to see the community take districts and subdistricts and begin to open up these buildings into a truly livable city.

Not sure how this would affect the frame rate, but I'm willing to risk some frames, and lower some resolution in order to achieve a more open and livable city.

I decided to add an extra option like developing the sequel using assets of CP77 instead of trying to fix CP77 itself. You can change your vote.

urza7

Forum regular
In my view the best thing CDPR could do at this point would be to bugfix the game and start working on Cyberpunk 2 right away using the map and assets (weapons etc...) already made.
This would allow them to concentrate on deep branching quests / faction systems / deep character customization and real background integration into the story etc...
Aha and pay 60 dollar/euro for the other half of the 1st game in new 2nd CP game. Are you OK mate?

this will not happen. CDPR will not remake game in a millions years. I know we on forums are passionate about game being better, but remember there are 10+ million players who see game for what it is and any major changes might scare them because they are casual player base.
Too true. It's scary to see how many people are just simply happy what we got. Even more shocked people actually enjoy the endings.
Post automatically merged:

Aha and pay 60 dollar/euro for the other half of the 1st game in new 2nd CP game. Are you OK mate?
Overwatch 2? Literally the scummiest approach. I don't think CDPR should take notes from blizzard.

The problem here is why would I pay for the 2nd one after paying for this one? CDPR as a brand have just ate shit, going above and beyond as an act of good faith to actually deliver something in line with what they marketed is crucial. There's a lot that can be done to elevate the experience in such a way that it would be indirectly developing for a potential sequel at the same time.
The only advantage skipping to 2 would bring would be shedding the last gen console support.

I am fine buddy, and you?

Are you expecting that CDPR would start creating all I said (deep branching quests/faction system etc/ Lifepath integration into quests etc...) in the current game? This boat has sailed already, they will probably make a few DLC, but nothing game changing. Cyberpunk 2077 is what it is, and people should make peace with this reality.

Now what I am proposing is both realistic in scope, and would lead to an excellent 2nd game (if they indeed were to spend all their dev time on quests/characters etc...).

The problem here is why would I pay for the 2nd one after paying for this one?

Because if they do so, said 2nd game will be excellent and you will want to play it?
Once more, I don't believe this game can reach excellence even with plenty of DLC, too much structuraol failures here. Better to start fresh, using assets and map already made so that no dev time would be wasted in remaking them. Lerarning from the 1st game, they could avoid past mistakes and deliver the great experience we all wanted

this will not happen. CDPR will not remake game in a millions years. I know we on forums are passionate about game being better, but remember there are 10+ million players who see game for what it is and any major changes might scare them because they are casual player base.

Well the casual players will move on soon enough... i can't imagine anyone still playing the game by the middle of 2021... anyone who is happy with this kind of mediocre looter shooter action adventure would also be entertained by all the other lazy cash grab titles coming out by than... can't imagine them being disturbed by an expansive overhaul of this game... if anything it might peak new interest!

Are you expecting that CDPR would start creating all I said (deep branching quests/faction system etc/ Lifepath integration into quests etc...) in the current game? This boat has sailed already, they will probably make a few DLC, but nothing game changing. Cyberpunk 2077 is what it is, and people should make peace with this reality.

Now what I am proposing is both realistic in scope, and would lead to an excellent 2nd game (if they indeed were to spend all their dev time on quests/characters etc...).
just wow and now i understand why Game companies make unfinished "games" cuz' you(and lot of your kind) sinking the money into unfinished products....... Do you really think the 2nd game will be better then this one or the 3rd? You are the true wet consumer dream for those companies......

Bug and AI fixes are something that don't even need to be mentioned. It is a given that that area will be tackled with to some length (they are in such a bad shape).

My "fix" would be more on content and systems side. Like the horrible loot and crafting things, weak and lacking character systems, lack of interactivity and player agency, emergent gameplay elements.... that kind of stuff.

Later on comes additional content, DLC's and all that jazz.
They probably won't be waiting to release DLCs and expansion, because I think it's the only stuff that can keep the game relevant in coming year on the scale beyond enthusiasts and modders.

But many things deserve major overhaul. I'd rather them experiment on this game instead of learning how to do it while developing their next. After all, they can focus on mechanics instead of visual assets.

Because if they do so, said 2nd game will be excellent and you will want to play it?
Once more, I don't believe this game can reach excellence even with plenty of DLC, too much structuraol failures here. Better to start fresh, using assets and map already made so that no dev time would be wasted in remaking them. Lerarning from the 1st game, they could avoid past mistakes and deliver the great experience we all wanted

Well... i most certainly will never buy a game from CDPR at launch ever again... or even later! Not gonna happen! If i buy at all i am going to wait till its dirt cheap and actually finished!

Last edited:
just wow and now i understand why Game companies make unfinished "games" cuz' you(and lot of your kind) sinking the money into unfinished products....... Do you really think the 2nd game will be better then this one or the 3rd? You are the true wet consumer dream for those companies......
You know ranting and name calling is no solution to the issue right?
Would I like it if CDPR announced they are going to remake the game scenario, quest system, looting system etc... for free? sure. Do anyone with a half functioning brain believe they will do that? No...
You can rant all you want, you do not bring any realistic solution to the table. Once more, as far as I am concerned, the most important thing is that they nail it the second time around, and I see no point in wasting ressources in remaking the assets, that money would be far better spent in working on the quests.

Well... i most certainly will ever buy a game from CDPR at launch ever again... or even later! Not gonna happen! If i buy at all i am going to wait till its dirt cheap and actually finished!
I am with you on that. I never bought the hype in the first place, and was part of the people who were skepticals on forums and got hate from the fanbois when I tried to warn about the signals we could gather from the development of the game.

Still when the reviews from journalists and youtubers were highly positive, I bought it (on pc), and while the game is not a disaster, it really missed the target on a few points, chief of all the rpg aspect (I am speaking branching quests and interaction with the world).

CDPR is working on a standalone Cyberpunk MP, once you realize that their plan is to have a GTA Online competitor all the issues with the current game both the mechanical and the lack of meaningful player driven content make sense.

The gigs fit perfectly in a GTA Online/APB style game, complex story missions don't. Complex gameplay mechanics that they've advertised in the past fit perfectly in a single player RPG where you can both afford to spend time on single use mechanics as well as more carefully balance the game around complex player abilities but don't fit the MP formula very well.

If you look at CP:2077 as a demo to get the franchise running whilst the vast majority of the development resources internally was shifted towards multiplayer everything makes sense.

There will be no CP2 for the same reason there is no GTA 6 yet, MP is what both Rockstar and CDPR are going are going after.

Top Bottom