Cyberpunk 2077 2.0?

+

What would you prefer?

• "Hello Games mode" ON and make the game as close as possible to the promises even if takes years

Votes: 170 71.1%
  • The game failed, no reason to waste time and resource on it, just move on after patches and free DLC

Votes: 17 7.1%
  • Release what you intended to release (patches, DLC, expansions) and then move on

Votes: 30 12.6%
  • Release DLCs and expansions then start development of the sequel using assets (models etc.) of CP77

Votes: 22 9.2%

• Total voters
CDPR is playing the long game. I mean... just look at the Witcher 3. It still sells really well for a 5 year old game. I expect Cyberpunk to be supported for years. Devs will fix the issues, add more content and release DLC (free and paid). The game might be in a poor state right now but in one years time...?

Not sure there was a poll on the topic. Just discussions. So here it is. 2.0, Enhanced Edition, Game of the Year Edition, Director's Cut - whatever...
I think they should just keep expanding on the current story, add new endings, make it so choices matters in the game, add new missions that "fill" the gaps or what to say. Work on things that make Night city come to life, adjust the RPG elements and finetune them, make it possible to customize your cloth, cars etc. Add those 3d cutscenes from the original trailers so people can see their characters, it wouldn't hurt immersion one bit in my opinion. Basically just slowly keep improving the whole game overall towards the RPG they said it would be. This probably shouldn't be released as expansions or DLC, because it should be part of the game by default.

Once they have react a good and solid foundation with it then they should start releasing DLCs and expansions following and build on this foundation, because at that point they would know that people would like it and like more of it.

In my opinion, I think they would be better off making a statement, simply admitting that the game weren't released in a state as many people thought it would. And for that they are sorry, but will work hard to make sure that CP becomes the game that they original wanted it to be, by adding content over the next period of time etc.

They said it themselves that it was their highest priority to win back the confident of the players or something like that. So taking some extra steps to do this would help a lot. And I honestly think people would receive it pretty positively if they did it.
Nothing wrong in admitting that they went for one thing and that this apparently weren't what players wanted. Better to be honest and open about it with their community, because people wanted/want CP to be good. Despite it receiving a lot of critic now, it is not done to just have a go at it or them. And even with this rough start, they can make up for it and learn from it, it's not like they are the first company to release shady things, it's basically the norm in the AAA industry than to not do it. :D

So as it is now, since the game is released, it's all about how they choose to handle it, that will make the whole difference as I see it. And to me, the best strategy would be to be honest and open.

I voted release the planned content and move on start working on multi and sequel.

I don't see the point to look back at what was promised, as we don't even know if there is anything of it since you know they were promises. Also what if those things promised a while ago when you start building/iterating turns out to be not that great to play what do you do? You admit again that you I can't keep the promises?

My advice to CDPR is not to give away too many leads and do your stuff and let us know about it when it is ready not years before.

I voted release the planned content and move on start working on multi and sequel.

I don't see the point to look back at what was promised, as we don't even know if there is anything of it since you know they were promises. Also what if those things promised a while ago when you start building/iterating turns out to be not that great to play what do you do? You admit again that you I can't keep the promises?

My advice to CDPR is not to give away too many leads and do your stuff and let us know about it when it is ready not years before.

Well sure... why not start making mobile games riddled with microtransactions for the Chinese "marked" while they are ad it? Not promising anything and therefore not having to achieve anything nor to strive to be better! Just milking the paypiggis inside a stale and boring industry... well at least there are still some decent indi developer out there!

The way I see it, it's really a matter of trust. CDPR had it, then they lied their asses off about what CP77 was going to be, and now they don't have it.

They're going to need to rectify that problem or the next Cyberpunk game they release is going to get buried in so much anger and hate from all the people that CDPR knowingly deceived. Building hype for that sequel would be very difficult and who would believe anything CDPR said about it anyway?

I don't think they'll do the Hello Games route, it would be extremely costly, not very profitable at face value, and their executive incompetence will probably screw up everything anyway. But I really think they should. They have a window for restoring their rep, but it isn't a big window.

Voted for the first option, to make the game as close to the vision they had and advertised. Potential is off the roof. Foundations (assets, designs, animation work, city layout) are stellar. Characters and setting beg to be explored more.

It just needs a good ol' ironing and more time in the oven.

the problem with this game are not bugs, okay at least for pc till some degree that will be fixed. The real problem is basically everything else: poor story, meh combat, empty world, no vision how the game should look like and in which area it should excel.

I don't see long term development happening, as it will not bring beefy profit to investors. Maybe they will release expansion but most likely they will just stop on game running acceptable milestone and move on making other game.

And while everyone hoping for nomansky comeback, the difference is cdproject is public company that have to reach certain business goals as for nomansky it was indie studio that either made it working or closed.

Voted for the first option, to make the game as close to the vision they had and advertised. Potential is off the roof. Foundations (assets, designs, animation work, city layout) are stellar. Characters and setting beg to be explored more.

It just needs a good ol' ironing and more time in the oven.

I agree... they should no man sky the s**t out of this game bevor even attempting to sell me a DLC let alone a sequel to that dumpster-fire!

no vision how the game should look like and in which area it should excel.

I strongly disagree on this : we can all agree it took way too much time for them to figure out how the game was supposed to be played and to get to the vision (remember, switching from 3rd to 1st person took them more than two years of full pre-production) but I think they managed to find a sweet spot just recently. The game has something about it which is very addicting and they figured out how to deal with that first person thing pretty well in my opinion.
Now it just needs more things around this vision.

I agree... they should no man sky the s**t out of this game bevor even attempting to sell me a DLC let alone a sequel to that dumpster-fire!

Well, in my opinion it's a great game already so I wouldn't call it a dumpster fire so to speak but, the way I see it : more content to make all of you disappointed guys happy with the end product you expected, equals more quality content for me, which the game is obviously lacking for now. So we're all in the same boat.

Not sure there was a poll on the topic. Just discussions. So here it is. 2.0, Enhanced Edition, Game of the Year Edition, Director's Cut - whatever...

There was. I made the poll. Most people want CDPR to fix the game, instead of abandoning it and moving on or just fixing the game’s bugs and frame rate issues and move on.

Unsurprisingly, most people want CDPR to give them the game they were advertised, and most likely only PC elitists with tons of eddies to spare are the ones who want CDPR to just give up and try for CP2.

Regardless of who actually thinks they should give up, sane individuals understand that’ll kill CDPR for good. They aren’t willing to do that and face lawsuit after lawsuit, payouts in the billions, and essentially become the laughing stock of the game’s industry.

Unsurprisingly, most people want CDPR to give them the game they were advertised, and most likely only PC elitists with tons of eddies to spare are the ones who want CDPR to just give up and try for CP2.

At this rate with the amount of content people want into the game, CP would be called CP2 by the end of the fixing.

I strongly disagree on this : we can all agree it took way too much time for them to figure out how the game was supposed to be played and to get to the vision (remember, switching from 3rd to 1st person took them more than two years of full pre-production) but I think they managed to find a sweet spot just recently. The game has something about it which is very addicting and they figured out how to deal with that first person thing pretty well in my opinion.
feel free to disagree, but when you look into this game you can get feeling that there were 4 managers owning design process - one liked gta and wanted to make open world game with driving shooting and living city, other wanted looter shooter and liked borderlands, third one wanted to make stealthgame in future like deus ex, forth one well he wanted to make rpg but was fired, so we don't have rpg :D. You cannot make game doing everything as well advertised. And such approach backfired them so they had to cut a lot of work like 60-70% to ship it meaning wasting resources and efforts and that lead to more development hell and crunch.

You can't have it all. In the end they failed in every aspect. Open world and city is shallow, not look like megacity, ai is non existent. Looter shooter boring and blend, no weapon customization, horrible inventory. Stealth and deus ex like motives also missed, deus ex is more about dilemma of what being human vs machine. And finally story and rpg, well story is lacking except couple moments, filled with lot of mmo like stupid quests, no choices character progression and unbalanced weapons and hacking. In the end they lost even in area where they should excel is story.

Last edited:
At this rate with the amount of content people want into the game, CP would be called CP2 by the end of the fixing.

Not really, no. A lot of people want them to fix the game, and over the course of years keep expanding on it until you absolutely HAVE TO create a new game entirely.

Well, in my opinion it's a great game already so I wouldn't call it a dumpster fire so to speak but, the way I see it : more content to make all of you disappointed guys happy with the end product you expected, equals more quality content for me, which the game is obviously lacking for now. So we're all in the same boat.

Well it is a dumpster-fire for 41% of gamers (console) and for me (a PC user) it is the single biggest disappointment in my gaming life... worse than mass effect andromeda (wich was abandoned shortly after launch)... and look how the next "great" project of EA/Bioware turned out!

They laid out the foundation and groundwork now all they need to do is fix it. This game is definitely going to be multiplayer but when? Who knows. There's already safe zones, public zones, hostile zones ect which look like they belong in a multiplayer setting.

As for the AI? I keep hearing people complaining about the city being lifeless and the AI not reacting to anything. Not sure what game you're playing but those are bullshit lies. I actually had to turn population density down because it generates so much that npc spawn in bad places. As for the AI not reacting, they run when bullets start flying. They lip off if you bump into them. Cops appearing out of nowhere is not an AI problem, it's bad programming which, I am certain will be fixed. In fact, I am certain most of the glaring bugs will be fixed.

I am a huge fan of the pen and paper game and CDPR did Night City justice. This is exactly how I envisioned Night City to be so I think a good lot of you should go find the Night City sourcebook and educate yourselves on the lore of the city and setting of why it is the way it is.

feel free to disagree, but when you look into this game you can get feeling that there were 4 managers owning design process - one liked gta and wanted to make open world game, other wanted looter shooter and liked borderlands, third one wanted to make stealthgame in future like deus ex, forth one well he wanted to make rpg but was fired, so we don't have rpg :D. You cannot make game doing everything as well advertised. And such approach backfired them so they had to cut a lot of work like 60-70% to ship it meaning wasting resources and efforts and that lead to more development hell and crunch.

Wholeheartedly agree on this. They tried too much to make this game being everything at the same time and checking every box.
Just because I love what I got as a player, thanks to the very low expectations I had specifically because of that weird feeling that the game was something I couldn't really understand (in their PR material I mean, I had a really hard time figuring out where they wanted to go with it), doesn't mean I can't say the game had a perfect developement and is perfect as it is.
I'm just glad they finally settled on something and now, I have the feeling they have come to the point of maturity where they know the game and how it is supposed to flow, finally, after years of struggling. Which is supposed to make it easier for them to pour content into it. And as much as I understand one's disappointment, to say the game is a blank sheet or is the worst of all time is a bit of a strech, and the game (and CDPR's work) has to be aknowledged for what it does right too.

Not really, no. A lot of people want them to fix the game, and over the course of years keep expanding on it until you absolutely HAVE TO create a new game entirely.

No worries, it was intended as a joke.

Top Bottom