[Spoiler Alert] About the endings

+

Do you want more RPGs with happy endings?

• Total voters
I just want to post this again.

"Liu continued to note how the ending itself is going to be “very rewarding” for those who dive into Night City. “So I don’t want to spoil anything right now, but very satisfying story arc, right? You’re going to see characters and you’ll see them develop,” he said. “You’re going to see them go through conflicts and resolve those conflicts. It’ll be a very rewarding ending. "
That did not age well ...

"You’re going to see them go through conflicts and resolve those conflicts. It’ll be a very rewarding ending."
Gerador de GIFs de Futurama? Shut up and take my money! - Meio Bit

"Liu continued to note how the ending itself is going to be “very rewarding” for those who dive into Night City. “So I don’t want to spoil anything right now, but very satisfying story arc, right? You’re going to see characters and you’ll see them develop,” he said. “You’re going to see them go through conflicts and resolve those conflicts. It’ll be a very rewarding ending. "
Did they really think that 7 endings in a "RPG" where the main character dies no matter what was going to be satisfying?

He referred to those legendary items you can find after all is done (and can't use...)

A sense of pride and accomplishment!

Did they really think that 7 endings in a "RPG" where the main character dies was going to be satisfying?
And this is not the worst part of it.
The fact that endings were done intentionally is.
All of them are not rushed. In this game where many things feel like they were in some places cut, stripped, endings feel complete.

this is either way next part of artistic integrity like we could here with ME3 endings or no so wisely used cliffhanger for future dlcs.

problem here is the fact that this is some how worn out problem.
In story terms V tried everything and everything failed. Both ‘saka and AI goddess can’t fixed the problem.
so why we as a player will belobe that there is a solution after all?

Problem with FO3 endinghas been resolved by saying that you did survive the extreme radiation; but the game was not about this survival. Side note even with death you achieve some tremendous thing (like purification of the whole water) which ofc is not a case in CP77.
So how can we buy next DLC about survival if the 100h put into the game didn’t make a dent?

but hey it’s far better this than nothing.

And this is not the worst part of it.
The fact that endings were done intentionally is.
All of them are not rushed. In this game where many things feel like they were in some places cut, stripped, endings feel complete.

this is either way next part of artistic integrity like we could here with ME3 endings or no so wisely used cliffhanger for future dlcs.

problem here is the fact that this is some how worn out problem.
In story terms V tried everything and everything failed. Both ‘saka and AI goddess can’t fixed the problem.
so why we as a player will belobe that there is a solution after all?

Problem with FO3 endinghas been resolved by saying that you did survive the extreme radiation; but the game was not about this survival. Side note even with death you achieve some tremendous thing (like purification of the whole water) which ofc is not a case in CP77.
So how can we buy next DLC about survival if the 100h put into the game didn’t make a dent?

but hey it’s far better this than nothing.
Well. Because somebody will try to convince us with the phrase that the journey is more important than the destination.

But that is off course is not true - at least not in an adventure story. Everything matters equally. Start, journey and ending.

Carefull. i think thats EAs slogan... A sense of pride and accomplishment! by playing 6789 h too unlock 1 hero char... or... 19.99!

Ironically enough I have currently more faith in EA than CD Red ... since EA finally moved back to Steam, announced the ME Legendary Edition in preparation to a new ME-title, Dragon Age 4 finally announced and hopefully "good" again? Not going to get super hyped and all...but the BF2 PR Debacle and even worse, Anthem, hopefully have showed some higher ups that you should put some thouht and effort, not lootboxes and lame mechanics, into your games. And that RPGS are not Fifa or Madden games...

CD Red? I am really afraid that the changes were mostly done to create an easily accesible "mainstreamy" game that would prepare the ground for "Night City GTA" - mode... with endless new ways to monetize it - justified by CD Red saying "Hey, you know us, we just need those MTX for CP2077 MP to create other new great Single Player RPGS!"

So far didn't work out too well ...

trying to survive a city turned hostile where factions are moving against you and corpos and law enforcement are closing in, very pogged.

trying to survive your new case of fatal haemorrhoids, not pogged.

I want post game dlc and a proper resolution to this shit show, but man I absolutely cannot be fucked with this terminal illness narrative, it's not like you are lacking for potential enemies when shit starts to go sideways. I was never happier playing than those few times I was just a reliable merc doing some PI work in the city, seeing traces of the big players and bearing witness to the underbelly of the beast.
Trying to talk down naïve cops from getting themselves erased and finding evidence of plots so far over my head I might as well be drowning. The atmostphere was intoxicating and the slow burn suspense was incredible.
Instead we have this sword of Damocles hanging over our head incentivising us to burn through the main story as fast as possible chasing survival.
anyway i'm pissed.

Last edited:
A greater irony is that even if we choose to survive for 6 months, we still die at Mikoshi. Soulkiller killed us, only to bring back an engram (Fake V) to inhabit Real V's body for 6 months before it dies too! Suddenly any personal connections made with other characters were just cut, let alone romances. (Now I just straight up feel bad for Judy with the stuff she went through...)
Sorry for my "english", but your theory is interesting)
However, it is difficult to agree with her. What is copying?
If the Soulkiller moves the digital soul (after all, the original does not remain, only the shell), this is not a copying, but a transfer.
If it copies only the digitized memory, then it is copying, but only if it is copied into another body. If this memory is loaded into the original body, it is still the original V. With just a few new memories.

Honestly if you like Judy the Nomad ending is 1000 times more satisfying then any other ending.

Just tried the corpo return to earth ending after doing the Nomad one and she just leaves...

Honestly. The more i see or read the more depressing this whole thing gets. I really cannot fathom wtf they were thinking releasing it like this.. Theres no way they can make this game anyware near what i was promised.

Sorry for my "english", but your theory is interesting)
However, it is difficult to agree with her. What is copying?
If the Soulkiller moves the digital soul (after all, the original does not remain, only the shell), this is not a copying, but a transfer.
If it copies only the digitized memory, then it is copying, but only if it is copied into another body. If this memory is loaded into the original body, it is still the original V. With just a few new memories.
In the end, that's a philosophical question every player has to answer for themselves.
My dear friend Michael is Jewish and would probably take the mikoshi route, because to him, personally, he has no afterlife for his soul to go to.
A catholic friend of mine might rather die in the devil ending than to risk his soul.

I personally am more in Michaels side to be honest.
Post automatically merged:

Honestly. The more i see or read the more depressing this whole thing gets. I really cannot fathom wtf they were thinking releasing it like this.. Theres no way they can make this game anyware near what i was promised.
No. I am afraid that this particular train has left the station but they can at least enha ce replayability by getting rid of the plot-cancer in some of the endings and add replayability that way.

Top Bottom