Pleeeeease make a hacking mod

+
I can not for the life of me understand how the company that made Gwent, perhaps the best minigame of all time, could make something as boring as the hacking minigame in this game. It was boring already the second time, and now I have hacked probably 500 times just on the first playtrough.

Can someone please create a mod that hacks automatically, or change all values to 1C so you can just click through the hacking quickly?

I do not know anything about modding myself, but hope it can be done.

It's "boring" because it's overpowered :) So they balanced it by making it a thing most players won't do. Stealth is even rare from what I saw.

It's not even a minigame because there is no counterplayer to hacking.

Like if you put in a digit input and the enemy you try to hack counters it with an input of their own at least it be a minigame. The simplest form of that is probably Xs and Os.

I play a hacker and they absolutely become OP later in the game but early game there is strategy involved. My characters early game was weak in guns and any form of melee as I concentrated on my hacking. I would actually have to scout out an area, spot all the camera locations and find a spot where I can access a camera far from the eyesight of the NPC's and get to work. Now I just make them kill themselves or each other without having to fire a single shot.

Breaching is all part of the process and again becomes moot in later game from what I can tell.

Oh, stealth works best if you're not good at it with reboot optics. You can sneak past anyone while the cool down is going and they won't alert anyone

Guest 4478408

for real. stupid minigames add nothing to a game but repetive boredom. i HATE them with a passion.
[...]

Are you referring to the breach protocol that can inject a few programs before combat starts if your get the "hacking sequence" right?

Guest 4478408

obviously. but its also used to steal money.
its so sad to see this trivial lazy mechanic in game. it only serves to pad game time, and the setting would have allowed for something really interesting.

its so sad to see this trivial lazy mechanic in game. it only serves to pad game time, and the setting would have allowed for something really interesting.
Maybe to you. You don't have to be a hacker if you don't like having to hack. I wouldn't play a mage if I didn't like casting magic. I have a second character on the go who is just a brawler. Doesn't even have a cyberdeck anymore.

Buy you don't really have to hack them, you can for example one-shot respawnable mobs and sell their loot. At late levels you can get weapons that sell for 1K+ or clothing for way more in infinite quantities, plus 750 junk items. Access Point hacking for cash is good early on when you can't get such income from farms and you actually have less money than what you need.

The breaching minigame is fine. Netrunning as a combat style is stupidly OP though because enemies just can't do anything to defend themselves.

I think that mini games should be an extra, something you go to some place in the world, cassino or something like that and play. Like Yakuza games.

But as a game mechanic, I don't know, probably the mini hack could be changed by some random roll system.

The game makes a random roll test with your intelligence vs. victim's Intelligence, to see if you hacked it or not. Same goes for doors and so on, there could be a challenge system (player rolls their intelligence vs challenge level of doors, computers and so on).

I don't think it's bad as it is, it's just repetitive.

Somebody did make some sort of auto hack mod or something. It was in the forums just the other day but now I can't find it.

It’s kinda easy and inconsequential enough to not matter much if you don’t always ace it, so I don’t know if it needs any further help.

That said, I would’ve preferred a simple weghted RNG check with a bit of animation.

I wonder what people have for ideas for a "hacking game" that isn't too-too intense and would follow similar limitations as the current "mini-game"; meaning something on the screen where you just have to click to solve something; PC and Console friendly and not too time consuming.. I mean, we are hacking access points and data terminals while on a mission as it is, so spending minutes at a terminal would mean someone would bump into your shell in the world of the real at somepoint...

I think terminal hacks should work like the quick hacks you do on people -- preloaded executables that either work or don't.

should be no mini-game about it. You wouldn't really stand in the middle of a gun-fight probing a terminal to figure out what version of operating system it's running, then research exploits for that version. It should be - either you have a canned exploit pre-loaded or you don't.... imo

It is not hard if you want to hack one "rank" but with multiple it could be challenging.
And it is true that later in the game I wished "I really hope there will be no acces points..."

But all I miss to make the minigame OK is a perk that would make me plan the way.
Holding 3 four-digit paths on 6x6 table in memory is annoying.
I would hope that RPG helps me there. After all, V is the one with super inteligence.

But I think the minigame itself is pretty good one. Just a bit overused.

Top Bottom