I'm seriously shocked. (Spoiler)

+
So they showed us the character Jacky for 8 years. Was anybody else shocked that he died that fast? Two missions and an hour into the game ? Not just Jacky either, every character soon as you started to get into them their storyline was over. Is there any proof they cut the game short because some people actually wanted a shorter game instead of longer ? Logically it makes no sense. But cdpr has been doing some illogical stuff. It felt like there was a alot more to the story. If there wasn't and that was the main story we got after 8 years then wow. Shockingly disappointed.

No. As I wrote years ago, him dying was like 98% probability. It was simply how drama works. He was set up to die perfectly, just so we players and the valentinos would have something to angst over.
I don't mean his death was a shock lol. I knew he was going to die hell they even showed it in a trailer. What shocked me was how little time and story he got. He was litteraly dead hour into the game. Mourning his death mission was longer than the actual missions with him lol. Where was the scene they get thrown down and arrested ? Or the elevator scene
Theree was so much missing from the main story.

So they showed us the character Jacky for 8 years. Was anybody else shocked that he died that fast? Two missions and an hour into the game ? Not just Jacky either, every character soon as you started to get into them their storyline was over. Is there any proof they cut the game short because some people actually wanted a shorter game instead of longer ? Logically it makes no sense. But cdpr has been doing some illogical stuff. It felt like there was a alot more to the story. If there wasn't and that was the main story we got after 8 years then wow. Shockingly disappointed.

In my opinion the time with him came too short and those fast forward 6 months are maybe actual gameplay bevor silverhand was such a big deal. For me it was to short to get attached to him. Would have been playing 1 or 2 acts with him as my buddy I would have felt something. But baam silverhand in. My head and after this the game lost me fast.

Well, there is not that much story in this game. Its honestly not that different from other characters (except Silverhand)
It's a shame because it's such a rich and sense world. The story could've been so much deeper with more characters being involved. They harass you with Silverhand and neglect every other character. There were a lot of interesting characters but by the time you start to get into them mission story has moved on and it's back to the stupid chip and Silverhand. The chip thing could've been a side quest. Honestly

Well, he wasn't Keanu... ;)

Seriously, though, we can be more then sure at this point that all this was not suppled to happen like that... neither the short first act, nor the predetermined death of all those characters. It just doesn't add up, not for a game by the same people that made the Witcher series...

I saw the death of Jackie in the cinematic trailer. When we were doing the heist and everything looks like what happened in the trailer I was like "no this isn't it". But considering how short the game it is, we can't say it's very "early" that he died.

His death is not a problem. The lack of time on him is. I was really shocked there was no mission that involved Misty. No, you guys stole something from us. Misty's shop gets torn up. Even involve Vik. Who's a former boxer. They get captured. Something to add in developing attachments to Jackie.

Jackie? Actually nope, I kinda expected as soon as the heist he got wounded he wouldn't make it, he was prime "see, we kill him, to make you care, player!" material...

Though honestly...was shocked more that T-Bug was really dead, Ididn't even realize at first sh ewas supposed to be dead...and even later didn't beleive it, those damn off screen deaths...

But all get's surpassed in shittyness anyway by the endings...so...at least Jackie didn't have to witness that bullshit writing...

Jackie? Actually nope, I kinda expected as soon as the heist he got wounded he wouldn't make it, he was prime "see, we kill him, to make you care, player!" material...

Though honestly...was shocked more that T-Bug was really dead, Ididn't even realize at first sh ewas supposed to be dead...and even later didn't beleive it, those damn off screen deaths...

But all get's surpassed in shittyness anyway by the endings...so...at least Jackie didn't have to witness that bullshit writing...
Yeah. The way they ignore T-Bug. I was expect her to either work for Arasaka. And was gonna screw you no matter what. Or we find her with Panam, or something.

Top Bottom