[Spoiler Alert] About the endings

+

Do you want more RPGs with happy endings?

• Total voters
I mean in every ending, barring the suicide one - they're going to have to make that work. Still with that one, when Johnny is in your body it's kind of weird for me. Like, what can happen there where V regains their body other than forcibly hacking their own chip and taking it over as an AI?
There is a way. We have the Relic blueprints. It's why I prefer the Johnny takes V's body ending. The hard part is finding ALT and separating all the engrams from her. The Relic does not lock out a upload or a transfer. It make it worthless if it was a one time thing. The problem we had to deal with in the game. Was simply resources and time. The Voodoo Boy's have the potential tech to make a Relic. That's what they where doing. So this is a option in the endings.

You either steal this tech. Buy it from them. Work for the Boy's, etc. After Johnny or X ending picked. Make a new Relic. Upload V's engram to the new Relic. And than reinsert it into the body. So it forcefully makes the body re-accept V. Or with the Johnny ending. Extract Johnny. Move him into a new body, and insert V back. The Relic is able to back up a person's mind from death. ALT was able to back up V when V was near erasure. So the damage range seems to not matter at all. So bar the brain being blown up. A Relic can save V.

What?
The world in Dragon Age: Origins is even more unfriendly. Wars, bandits, demons, darkspawn etc.
Would it really suit you if there were 7 endings in such a setting where the heroes do not kill the archdemon?
In one they die in the forest, in the other they die in the castle, in the third they die in the dungeon...
And in none of them do they succeed. Why not, the setting is tough.
But no, this game is a great RPG. And cyberpunk is just a pretender.
No argument here, and CP77 is indeed a bad RPG. As for my wishes for endings, i posted them many times throught this thread. Long story short, it doesn't include 6 months crap as something unavoidable.
My private opinion stands, though. Personally i wasn't so upset by current endings, but i would be glad if they were different.

Ok first of all I have to say that cp2077 is probably the only RPG that has kept me interested enough to finish the game. Not only once, but to see the 3 main endings, and opted for V to live on. I don't play much RPG from start to finish, so this says alot about this game, well, for me at least.

I really enjoyed the story, the characters, the dialogs, the freaking awesome sound track, Le Destroy - Pain, top track. The look and feel of Night City was on overdrive, supercharged. I had this game running on psycho settings with RTX on quality on a 21:9 screen and I can say, it's almost like I was in another world.

That was how hooked I was, up until the end... Not to say the endings were bad, it is good enough to get a reaction out of me. Just would like to share my opinion, so spoilers ahead.

My issues with the endings are, there is really no proper ending for Female V and her lover, in this case, Judy. (Excluding Ward, he didn't get any action.)

The reason why I say this is, the best outcome I can see is the ending with the Aldecaldos. After going though an awesome side story for the two lovebirds, it felt wrong for the Female V sitting next to Panam in the final cut scene... I mean what the f? Why didn't Female V ride off with Judy? Mitch coulda jumped into the panzer with Panam. Female V should have been driving one of the cars with Judy by her side, holding each other hands or something... that's what partners do... Not jump in someone's ride lol.

That final scene didn't quite work for me. It should have been Female V and Judy. Poor girl is gona die and she doesn't even have a proper ending with her lover Judy...

To me that ending was geared towards Male V. Perfect for Male V. The last scene Panam with Male V.

Also something to note, Judy was standing next to Carol, back at camp before leaving. For some reason, that sent vibes that Carol could have been a potential match up for Judy... perfect round up for the Male V ending too, gives Judy hope there for happiness.

The Arasaka ending, where Female V calls Judy on the space station and Judy says she wants her back! like yesterday! and when Female V finally leaves, in the credits, Judy ditches Female V. *crickets* What da f...? That was a kick in the teeth lol. I'm gona chalk that up as a bug... A massive story breaking one... crash and burn hard.

This was the first ending I chose, because it was the only option I can see that did not get any living friends killed. Poor Johnny is the sacrifice I would have given. No hard feeling, I like the man, but something have to give.

There should have been a following scene after the space shuttle, where Female V returns to Judy's apartment. Leave NC or not, agree with V's decision or not, to side with Arasaka, but at least it gives a nice touch to the ending, they still have one another till the end in the hell hole. That coulda been a Female V and Judy ending. It would have rounded that up nicer.

I mean, Judy did say do what you must, so the reason for the breakup is not about siding with Arasaka... something is not right there... I mean, if Female V sided with Clouds, yeah fair enuff, a break up would be believable.

Male V has a decent lover ending, why not Female V?

I can understand Johnny's ending. That one is fine, because in the end its about Johnny. we get f'ed over doom and gloom, fair enuff. Even in that ending Judy doesn't leave, she is still waiting... that's dedication. Poor thing doesn't cop a break in that ending. But somehow, she cbf waiting a few days on the Arasaka ending... go figure.

I can accept the dark doom and gloom vibe, it gives the game character. V was pretty much f'ed the first place when they took the heist. But give a few of the endings some light even though she is gona die months down the track. Just a little hope goes a long way.

The other thing to be thrown back into the last save point before meeting up with Hanako was pretty emersion breaking too. I don't know, could have teleported you back to your apartment or something and just have that quest marked completed. it woulda have more of a completion feel to it.

I suspect they want to make a DLC about V being saved from dying. Like you need to go to some doctor and change your DNA or build a new body. So they need all of the endings to be sad for that DLC to work.

To me that ending was geared towards Male V. Perfect for Male V. The last scene Panam with Male V.
No it's not. It's basically a neutral ending. Which is CD's thing with these endings. They didn't want to put the work in for all outcomes. But you have to also consider people who didn't care about Judy. I played the game first as female V. I romanced River. And didn't care about Judy. All romances are snuffed for the stock Alcado ending.

BTW and I know it is off topic but I wanted to just say it anyways:

This is easily the bestest, civilisest, longest and interestingest [sic!] discussion i have seen on the internet in a very long time. Emotions are running high, people are expressing their points of view, but no one is going ad hominem.
Thank you for that, guys and gals!

No it's not. It's basically a neutral ending. Which is CD's thing with these endings. They didn't want to put the work in for all outcomes. But you have to also consider people who didn't care about Judy. I played the game first as female V. I romanced River. And didn't care about Judy. All romances are snuffed for the stock Alcado ending.
Judy and Panam have every reason to hate NC and leave it for good. River and Kerry, on a contrary, have their family and career in the city, so in the Aldecado endings they dump V. And Panam and Judy will dump V if he/she stays in NC. Logical.

This is easily the bestest, civilisest, longest and interestingest [sic!] discussion i have seen on the internet in a very long time. Emotions are running high, people are expressing their points of view, but no one is going ad hominem.
I like to think that people who care for the story and the protagonist, tend to have a certain level of empathy. That helps in a civil discussion. Ofc we do get the occasional "The endings are great, you guys just don't get it!", but luckily they don't last long lol

I like to think that people who care for the story and the protagonist, tend to have a certain level of empathy. That helps in a civil discussion. Ofc we do get the occasional "The endings are great, you guys just don't get it!", but luckily they don't last long lol
Well, those are opinions nonetheless and as long as they are put forth and explained in a civilised manner, I welcome them as much as any other point of view.
But let's better get back on topic.

A lot of that is mod-effort lol It’s gotten dodgy a few times but it gets cleared up fast.

Whats amazing After all the Shit Bioware took for Mass Effect 3's Ending and Mass Effect Andromeda's Launch That CDPR released this. Really tells me.. Something drastic changed in this company... They are not the CDPR of the Witcher 3!

I suspect they want to make a DLC about V being saved from dying. Like you need to go to some doctor and change your DNA or build a new body. So they need all of the endings to be sad for that DLC to work.
I'm afraid they won't do it at all. Or they will. 50/50.
Many developers, having received angry reviews for their plot decisions, put their horns on the ground and fundamentally defend their "artistic vision".

Judy and Panam have every reason to hate NC and leave it for good. River and Kerry, on a contrary, have their family and career in the city, so in the Aldecado endings they dump V. And Panam and Judy will dump V if he/she stays in NC. Logical.
Agree, the Arasaka ending doesn't imply that V was gona still stay in NC but just returning to Earth? So they could have done 2 options there, not outright assume V is gona stay in NC. Dunno, that's my gripe with that ending.

It’s logical but still leaves River and Kerry without a good ending. Legend ending is nothing at all like riding off into the sunset with Panam and Judy. It’s telling them to back off and then chasing your own glory. It might have been better balanced if you were allowed to stay in Night City without wanting to be a legend. Pick a tarot card that represents opportunity or effort and give V a chance to pursue leads in Night City for a cure, River as a P.I. helping out and Kerry as a rich man with connections.

Agree, the Arasaka ending doesn't imply that V was gona still stay in NC but just returning to Earth? So they could have done 2 options there, not outright assume V is gona stay in NC. Dunno, that's my gripe with that ending.
I agree with folks here asking for more romantic options. One option for each gender+orientation is not enough. Bioware usually solves that problem by adding 1-2 bisexual characters, easily compatible with any protagonist)
Post automatically merged:

It’s logical but still leaves River and Kerry without a good ending. Legend ending is nothing at all like riding off into the sunset with Panam and Judy. It’s telling them to back off and then chasing your own glory. It might have been better balanced if you were allowed to stay in Night City without wanting to be a legend. Pick a tarot card that represents opportunity or effort and give V a chance to pursue leads in Night City for a cure, River as a P.I. helping out and Kerry as a rich man with connections.
I've already said many things both about current endings and my wishful thinking about them. But it is logical that NPC have their agendas and may disapprove some of V's actions and decisions. Then again, you rarely get strong and established relationships after couple of quests in 2 weeks.

To me it is defined as "a linear story that has no player agency brances off into different flavour of same endings."

Which is true except for completely different world states and fates. Because:

1. Alive with Nomads
2. Immortal Secure your Soul God AI
3. Heroic Sacrifice so your friend can live

Are completely different.

This.

So, a desert rat says you will find a cure, despite the fact the Deus ex Machina says there is none and you're going to believe her ? So logical...

Yes, because that's what the game says. This is a world where they have technology that cures cancer and other crazy miracles.

Top Bottom