Where is the fauna?

+
Yeah this is an actual part of the lore, it is why the iguana you smuggle in the Nomad life path is considered so valuable

But what is the dealio with the cats? I mean they kind of show up all over the city and are even pointed out by Takemura, then when you enter mikoshi you take the hallway to the rooftops where multiple cats watch you, is there some sort of hidden meaning that I am failing to grasp here?

I dunno if its already solved or anything.
If I remember correctly someone (in the game) stated they were the first to come back to bring back animal life.

In the Event where you observate the Arasaka Festival-Warehouse...building you have a pretty long and interesting talk with Takemura about all kinds of stuff, also this topic.
In this, like you mentioned he also brought it up in a way that he might think they are "Bakeneko", which kind of are like mythological cats which have several meanings. At least one of them is being appearing to someone who is at deaths door (if I remember it correctly, though it makes complete sense in the context of the game, because in some ending the cat is there in another she's not.)

During one of the quests V says that animals all left night city. And was amazed to see a cat.

The commercials say it's $40,000 a day to own a dog.

Corpo V makes comments that real meat, like fish is rare and expensive.

During nomad start, you transport a lizard, and is commented how rare it is and how much it's worth.

About wildlife tho.... If you stare at Vs apartment wall, you'll see roaches, I guess that counts as fauna

During one of the quests V says that animals all left night city. And was amazed to see a cat.

During nomad start, you transport a lizard, and is commented how rare it is and how much it's worth.

About wildlife tho.... If you stare at Vs apartment wall, you'll see roaches, I guess that counts as fauna

Roaches !!! That's free food. Lol

I mean they kind of show up all over the city and are even pointed out by Takemura, then when you enter mikoshi you take the hallway to the rooftops where multiple cats watch you, is there some sort of hidden meaning that I am failing to grasp here?
Was that a Matrix easter egg? I remember going up a flight of stairs and there was a black cat on each floor in the same spot just on the next level. Either that or I'm trippin' balls.

Don't forget the flies on bodies!

Mmmm...protein

Cats are extinct to, just not that one.

V and Goro Takemura in one of the cut scene's speculate on how 'the' cat survived. Takemura speculates its a spirit, as all animals are extinct.

There is a theory that the cat is actually a cat spirit as Takemura points it out. And I can easily see that being canon, considering you actually can find the cat sitting next to a bag at a accident, indicating that it's body is inside the bag.

Idk, but Misty can see that cat, V can see that cat, Takemura can see that cat.
Post automatically merged:

First time meeting Placide, he is cutting Chicken's head.

Well Misty is one of the most spiritual character in the story, so that can be an excuse. The cat is meant to follow the dead. So V is an explanation. Takemura is the one familiar with the story of the spirit. I mean spirits can show themselves whenever they want in many lore.
Also it is implied that the cat can see Jhonny's projection.

you can even steal the cat.
Okay.....how? Or would you be willing to point me in the right direction of obtaining the kitty? Just look at this face. I implore you. Where doth I getteth the kitteh? If this is already a thing, please let me know so I can move this convo since it is in a really bad spot for me to be posting this question here. (my humblest of apologies)

photomode_14012021_112552.png

There is a theory that the cat is actually a cat spirit as Takemura points it out. And I can easily see that being canon, considering you actually can find the cat sitting next to a bag at a accident, indicating that it's body is inside the bag.

The sprit cat of japan lore has two tails, and it may just me reading too much into it but when you see the cat the shadow of the cat lands on the ground in the right way (angle) to make it have (appear) two tails.

It is sad that you can not pet the cat once you have it in your apartment, WHAT THE HELL CDPR!!!??? ONE time petting the cat (when you get it) is such a tease!

First time meeting Placide, he is cutting Chicken's head.

oops! that was a heck of a continuity mistake! or a VERY expensive Voodoo experience!

Last edited:
Okay.....how? Or would you be willing to point me in the right direction of obtaining the kitty? Just look at this face. I implore you. Where doth I getteth the kitteh? If this is already a thing, please let me know so I can move this convo since it is in a really bad spot for me to be posting this question here. (my humblest of apologies)

View attachment 11143046
Down the hall from V's megabuilding apartment (same level) is a cat bowl on the ground by a vending mechine, bring some cat-food. :)

Well, I just caught something.....

Panam mentioned coyotes while you two wait at -----.

Sides, I find it hard to beleive that ALL animals are gone in the U.S. The ecosystem would collapse.

Top Bottom