They did Evelyn Dirty [Spoilers]

+
What? The woman was smart therefore she should die? What kind of take is that?

I think it was more a comment on when you play with fire you might get burned. Evelyn decided to put her own caper together (the reference to being smart) in opposition to serious players with a documented history of killing to get what they want. Whether it be to achieve their original goals or teach double crossers a lesson---------as an object lesson to others.

Evelyn was never my priority but she hepls to understad Judy better, so I was OK with her. And I think, her unimportance for the entire plot is exactly what makes her death pointless. She's not Judy's lover to take some place - instead she could help them to grow closer and give V some hints about Judy, so we could use it in dialogues or texting. It's just a waste of a character - that's all. Death should mean something and only at the point where you really care about a character. Here, everyone saw her merely as a whore of a corp's guy. No personality, no interest - just a dead body who Judy wants to revenge. And you're helping her because you want to get closer with Judy - and not because you really care about Evelyn. Too bad, she could be much more tham that.

My biggest issue with the handling of Evelyn is that Judy and V never seem to want payback from the VooDoo Boys for what they did to her. Judy and V. are rightly pissed off at Woodman and Doctor Fingers for their roles in her downfall. And they straight up murder the Deaths Head BD studio guys for what they do to Evelyn.
But, even when I sided with Netwatch over the VDBs and ended up wiping out their leadership, I never got the feeling that V was looking for justice for Evelyn. Both V and Judy seem less than interested in bringing the VDBs to justice when they are the ones probably most responsible for her eventual suicide. That just never entirely made sense to me.

My biggest issue with the handling of Evelyn is that Judy and V never seem to want payback from the VooDoo Boys for what they did to her. Judy and V. are rightly pissed off at Woodman and Doctor Fingers for their roles in her downfall. And they straight up murder the Deaths Head BD studio guys for what they do to Evelyn.
But, even when I sided with Netwatch over the VDBs and ended up wiping out their leadership, I never got the feeling that V was looking for justice for Evelyn. Both V and Judy seem less than interested in bringing the VDBs to justice when they are the ones probably most responsible for her eventual suicide. That just never entirely made sense to me.

Its the same thing Judy did to V. Did you see Judy trying to help us with the chip? No. Even after romancing Judy and being in a relationship with her, she didnt give a sh.. about me. She didnt get up and help me, nothing. She left me to die, leaving me with the chip alone.

What kind of person does that to someone who you are suppose to love and be in a relationship with?
It just shows that theres so much wrong with this game, they cut or left out content here and there.
Until the very end shes hanging out at her apartment on that damn window, while im trying to survive..

Evelyn suffered from the same thing. Cut content, cut story, no screentime whatsoever, getting killed offscreen in a very unsatisfying way just to push the romance between Judy and V, which in the end also doesnt matter, because Judy doesnt give a damn about V even if shes in a relationship with her.

It's funny that Eve has no way in being saved. People really wanting to do it. But Takeruma. Who can be saved. Gets no hint in game. Majority of people guessed he got killed when we fall down. I'm like why is he not screaming, or making fighting noises for us to hear him?

The traditional concept of justice doesn't really exist in the world of Cyberpunk and you learn this the hard way in Judy's story arc. Her doll revolution fails spectacularly and inevitably. I found a shard in Judy's apartment just now that strongly hints at the genesis of Evelyn's character and to some extent Judy's character too. If you haven't seen the movie, this is basically the backstory to Chinatown and Evelyn Parker bears striking similarities to Evelyn Mulray, portrayed by Faye Dunaway.

Like in the film, there is no justice because the institutions with the power to administer it have long been corrupted beyond saving. I felt many powerful emotions when I watched Chinatown and playing through Evelyn/Judy's story arc but ultimately the one that stands out is a kind of quiet rage - the kind you can briefly glimpse on Jack Nicholson's face at the end of the movie. Its captures that feeling when you are fighting battles you can never win and all that is left to do is try to forget it and move on (or get moved on).

Attachments

• Cyberpunk 2077 Screenshot 2020.12.30 - 19.18.32.03.png
    Cyberpunk 2077 Screenshot 2020.12.30 - 19.18.32.03.png
    4.6 MB · Views: 141
  • Cyberpunk 2077 Screenshot 2020.12.30 - 19.18.37.50.png
    Cyberpunk 2077 Screenshot 2020.12.30 - 19.18.37.50.png
    4.6 MB · Views: 167
  • Cyberpunk 2077 Screenshot 2020.12.30 - 19.18.41.26.png
    Cyberpunk 2077 Screenshot 2020.12.30 - 19.18.41.26.png
    4.6 MB · Views: 169
Last edited:
You can still romance Judy if you side with Maiko. Just don't take her dirty money.
Post automatically merged:

It's funny that Eve has no way in being saved. People really wanting to do it. But Takeruma. Who can be saved. Gets no hint in game. Majority of people guessed he got killed when we fall down. I'm like why is he not screaming, or making fighting noises for us to hear him?

Well you are two stories beneath him.

Can hear the enemies just fine.

Maybe your game bugged out? Im pretty sure I heard someone cursing in Japanese in the background but then I was playing a stealth character so I didn't immediately start shooting. Which might have been another reason some didn't get the hint.

Im still confused by Takamura. one minute im escaping with the relic after the death of his boss, next Takamura is helping me and im a passenger in his car. Did i miss something? (most likely :ROFLMAO:) bare in mind im about 3 quarters of the way through the storyline where i have to meet him again, concentrating on side quests at the moment.

The traditional concept of justice doesn't really exist in the world of Cyberpunk and you learn this the hardware in Judy's story arc. Her doll revolution fails spectacularly and inevitably. I found a shard in Judy's apartment just now that strongly hints at the genesis of Evelyn's character and to some extent Judy's character too. If you haven't seen the movie, this is basically the backstory to Chinatown and Evelyn Parker bears striking similarities to Evelyn Mulray, portrayed by Faye Dunaway.

Like in the film, there is no justice because the institutions with the power to administer it have long been corrupted beyond saving. I felt many powerful emotions when I watched Chinatown and playing through Evelyn/Judy's story arc but ultimately the one that stands out is a kind of quiet rage - the kind you can briefly glimpse on Jack Nicholson's face at the end of the movie. Its captures that feeling when you are fighting battles you can never win and all that is left to do is try to forget it and move on (or get moved on).
Justice, revenge, whatever you want to call it. My point is that V and Judy are angry at Woodman, Fingers, and the Deaths Head BD studio regarding their roles in Evelyn's fate. But even though VDB netrunners attacked and fried Evelyn, and thus are arguable most responsible for Evelyn's death, V and Judy never seem that terribly upset with them.

Im still confused by Takamura. one minute im escaping with the relic after the death of his boss, next Takamura is helping me and im a passenger in his car. Did i miss something? (most likely :ROFLMAO:) bare in mind im about 3 quarters of the way through the storyline where i have to meet him again, concentrating on side quests at the moment.

Really? Yeah, you missed close to 20 minutes of critical story if you literally went from swiping the relic to being a passenger in Takamura's car. That is a hell of a glitch.

Ah yes, Evelyn, a character that I never did care about, but the game pretended that I should.
She is classified as a primary character in the game files, they had much bigger plans for her.

You never missed anything tbh, your experiencing it through V's eyes and ears so naturally V doesnt know anything yet, just listen and explore dialogue with him when you can he explains what happened to him

She is classified as a primary character in the game files, they had much bigger plans for her.

Y
She is a primary character regardless of the length of time she was there

You never missed anything tbh, your experiencing it through V's eyes and ears so naturally V doesnt know anything yet, just listen and explore dialogue with him when you can he explains what happened to him

Y
She is a primary character regardless of the length of time she was there

The game defines 7 primary chars that have an extended configuration 6 if you exclude the player, there are chars that have much more content in the game than Ev like Judy that are secondary characters, heck have more interactions with T-Bug and she's defined as a minor (tertiary) character.
It's clear that w/e their original plan for Ev was we got a fraction of that, the content we got for Del is also probably less than what was intended.

As a natural hoarder and exp-gobbler I did just run around before exiting and if you even look at the staircase, the mission listing will change and add saving takemura to it (and Johnny will protest).

save_takemura.png

Well, its same with CPL, Hare you cant save him even if you talk him down he will still blow his brains to the wall!

Evelyn is easily the character I cared most about.

I killed the Voodoo Boys and wiped out Clouds on her behalf.

I really wanted more from her.

Also, Trauma Team FLAT OUT has a method for wiping PTSD and horrifying memories from your brain. You should have been able to shell out 20K or however many eddies you need to save her.
Remember, even with good Trauma Team service, Dorset is not unaffected by her experience. She even remembers some of it despite having good insurance.

They did everyone dirty because they were a part of some old storyline they had in mind... Jonny chronicles is not for them... Hell there is even a Jonny end cause V does not matter... butchered the living hell off the whole game and story...

Guys, i'm not gonna lie. First time meeting Evelyn i thought i will be able to romance her
And as my bud was a female V he saw that Judy was heads and tails in love with Evelyn he was like dude i got Vag blocked hahahahha... and he didnt even romance her man... and he only played female V for Judy lol

Top Bottom