Police in Cyberpunk are very poorly designed

+
Just like the title suggest I think the police in cyberpunk were very poorly made and idk if its by design or if the devs were just lazy. 1. You can't hack police. For a game that tells you that you can choose how to approach the game this is a very annoying oversight, no cops can be hacked and people might say cops have better security protocols so they're resistant but everything by Arasaka can be hacked the top tech company so that argument is baseless. 2. Cops teleporting, I get that you want cops to show up quickly but if I'm in a remote area that's basically impossible to get to and 10 cops teleport in from nowhere when i kill a random npc its kind of annoying and for some reason they cant chase but you cant hide from them meaning the only option once you have stars is drive drive a block away or maybe 2 but hiding from them isnt an option which is dumb. 3. This is a smaller one but still annoying, cops don't drop anything the only ones that drop anything are the humanoid drones and they only drop item components but all of them are shooting at you yet none of their corpses have guns on them. Really makes you go hmmm. To me it seems like they were made like this by design to discourage people from engaging with cops but if they're gonna go that far then just don't allow civilians to be killed or go ahead and make cops invincible and be able to one shot all characters.

1. The police don't use Cyberware. That's why you can't hack them.
2. That's just terrible/lazy programming. The people handling this should be fired
3. Haven't really bothered to kill cops as once you reach 3 stars they one shot you anyway. Also, it's possible their weapons are linked to their badge ID and are rendered useless

Just like the title suggest I think the police in cyberpunk were very poorly made and idk if its by design or if the devs were just lazy. 1. You can't hack police. For a game that tells you that you can choose how to approach the game this is a very annoying oversight, no cops can be hacked and people might say cops have better security protocols so they're resistant but everything by Arasaka can be hacked the top tech company so that argument is baseless. 2. Cops teleporting, I get that you want cops to show up quickly but if I'm in a remote area that's basically impossible to get to and 10 cops teleport in from nowhere when i kill a random npc its kind of annoying and for some reason they cant chase but you cant hide from them meaning the only option once you have stars is drive drive a block away or maybe 2 but hiding from them isnt an option which is dumb. 3. This is a smaller one but still annoying, cops don't drop anything the only ones that drop anything are the humanoid drones and they only drop item components but all of them are shooting at you yet none of their corpses have guns on them. Really makes you go hmmm. To me it seems like they were made like this by design to discourage people from engaging with cops but if they're gonna go that far then just don't allow civilians to be killed or go ahead and make cops invincible and be able to one shot all characters.

I played for 140 hours trying to like the game and i can tell you... the police system is by far not the only thing broken beyond believe... but yes it is a very prominent failure and very embarrassing to be sure... but only one of many severe flaws!

2. That's just terrible/lazy programming. The people handling this should be fired
3. Haven't really bothered to kill cops as once you reach 3 stars they one shot you anyway. Also, it's possible their weapons are linked to their badge ID and are rendered useless
Cops not using cyberware isn't it because you can't hack their drones either if it was only the human cops i wouldn't have an issue.
Cops don't 1 shot after 3 stars for me, I constantly get 4 stars and run around killing but once the crime deterrent thing comes on I instantly die so that's annoying. I guess it's possible their badge is linked but wouldn't that mean they'd be available for hacks like blowing it up.
Post automatically merged:

I played for 140 hours trying to like the game and i can tell you... the police system is by far not the only thing broken beyond believe... but yes it is a very prominent failure and very embarrassing to be sure... but only one of many severe flaws!
Oh yea there's a lot of other issues in the game but this is a big one for me since all the other bugs don't mess with my gameplay so much and the ones that did have been patched like when it registers everyone as an untargetable and then you cant shoot enemies. That was a very frustrating bug

Cops not using cyberware isn't it because you can't hack their drones either if it was only the human cops i wouldn't have an issue.
Cops don't 1 shot after 3 stars for me, I constantly get 4 stars and run around killing but once the crime deterrent thing comes on I instantly die so that's annoying. I guess it's possible their badge is linked but wouldn't that mean they'd be available for hacks like blowing it up.
You can hack the drones and the robot security tho certain drones and bots are only affected by some hacks. I used Cyberpsychosis on one of the security bots and it killed the police for me. Unless you are talking about the ones that spawn in. I haven't tried it on those as I'm usually booking it by then but any check-stop that has cops and bots, you can hack the bots

You can hack the drones and the robot security tho certain drones and bots are only affected by some hacks. I used Cyberpsychosis on one of the security bots and it killed the police for me. Unless you are talking about the ones that spawn in. I haven't tried it on those as I'm usually booking it by then but any check-stop that has cops and bots, you can hack the bots
I am referencing the ones that spawn in but I didn't know the ones at check-stops could be hacked I usually leave those alone. Although a big question that I didn't add to the post is why did they add police cars if police don't drive them?

I am referencing the ones that spawn in but I didn't know the ones at check-stops could be hacked I usually leave those alone. Although a big question that I didn't add to the post is why did they add police cars if police don't drive them?
There's a lot of "why's?" about this game lol

Rddc

Forum regular
Most things in Cyberpunk are very poorly designed. Go through the posts and count how many are complaining about one thing or another being "poorly designed", bugged, broken, not working properly etc.

I have zero problems killing police...

1609407990298.png

That's not true, it's the same reason you can't hack civilians/netwatch agents the game doesn't allow you too, police doesn't drop gear either. The only "civilian NPCs" you can hack that would invoke a police response are the trauma team. Basically they didn't want the players breaking the game by farming civilians/police so you get nothing from doing so. The lazy police design is also there to restrict the player freedom because they didn't want you to go and kill half the city, if you cause major disruptions the game breaks (not that it's not broken to begin with).

It's pretty easy to clear the cops as long as you continue running, use laser grenades and just spam them with weapons that apply an effect, if you scan them you'll see they are weak to poison, burn and shock. After 4 stars if you kill all off them they won't spawn again.

Do you REALLY think they we designed?

Cobbled together from the cutting room floor sweepings, seems near the facts ;)
Pop up from nowhere and then die in seconds, forgetting to report home first :LOL: - clearly well designed (NOT) :p

Well, I would be fine if Cops would not spawn on you all cops on hood should rush on your general direction or spawn 1-2 blocks a way oh and they should also chase you with cars!

Most things in Cyberpunk are very poorly designed. Go through the posts and count how many are complaining about one thing or another being "poorly designed", bugged, broken, not working properly etc.
Yea this game feels like its in alpha instead of a fully made game and the fact that it's a AAA game makes it even more pathetic.

That's not true, it's the same reason you can't hack civilians/netwatch agents the game doesn't allow you too, police doesn't drop gear either. The only "civilian NPCs" you can hack that would invoke a police response are the trauma team. Basically they didn't want the players breaking the game by farming civilians/police so you get nothing from doing so. The lazy police design is also there to restrict the player freedom because they didn't want you to go and kill half the city, if you cause major disruptions the game breaks (not that it's not broken to begin with).

It's pretty easy to clear the cops as long as you continue running, use laser grenades and just spam them with weapons that apply an effect, if you scan them you'll see they are weak to poison, burn and shock. After 4 stars if you kill all off them they won't spawn again.
Actually it is true. Most police are not allowed to use cCyberware. Why we can't hack their weapons tho is another question

Top Bottom