Will we ever get visible cybernetics besides arms?

+
Well, in Witcher 3 it was like this. The bartender open a trade screen. Nobody complained there, so they thought "why change it"?
You probably right.
But remember, they made this game EXCLUSIVELY in 1st person in order to "maximize" our immersion.
Not even a little 3rd person ouside of bikes and cars.
And then they go and make screens that pull you out of that immersion... smh

Well, in Witcher 3 it was like this. The bartender open a trade screen. Nobody complained there, so they thought "why change it"?

Why show of the by far superior and immersive sequence then? I mean... much of that sequence with Victor is still in the game... and every other ripper doc just teleports the chrom in your body after you select it in a screen that looks like it was made for an early 2000s action RPG or something... could have just reused most of the animations already in the game...
Post automatically merged:

Jack of all trades, master of none. And even then, it didn’t do “Jack” very well, either.

The by far most mediocre underwhelming buggy mess i have ever played for sure...

You probably right.
But remember, they made this game EXCLUSIVELY in 1st person in order to "maximize" our immersion.

Simple case of priorities. They focused on the main gameplay loop; Shooting, driving and especially the fluid first person conversation system. Those other things - outside key moments - are secondary. And every instance would have required testing and tuning. And thus cost development time.

Why show of the by far superior and immersive sequence then? I mean... much of that sequence with Victor is still in the game... and every other ripper doc just teleports the chrom in your body after you select it in a screen that looks like it was made for an early 2000s action RPG or something... could have just reused most of the animations already in the game...

The by far most mediocre underwhelming buggy mess i have ever played for sure...

So I will follow up both of these bits with a little addendum:

To those out there who claim this is a “next gen game”, it’s really not. Graphically, it’s pretty great, presuming you don’t have a PS4 that you bought at launch (I have a Pro and I got it pretty late, and a special edition one at that, so it’s a bit more modern than a launch PS4) but taking the whole kit and kaboodle into the picture, the game is definitely not “next gen”. It’s not even current gen. the game can’t even deliver things that were the standard in “open world” games fifteen years back.

Hell, the old GTA on the Xbox (old one, with that big green X and the black background when you booted it up, with the built in music system that had a cool design thing that played when you listened to music) had an effing workable Wanted system, and more advanced AI than 2077.

I’m not exaggerating.

It also had more freedom in the game, for that matter. You could say “fuck the main story” and go hang out and explore Vice City as you wanted, and have tons of organic experiences only you could have experienced, because other people might not have run into that same situation.

In Night City, though? Well, street lamps might turn on when you’ve already driven halfway down the road, intersections’ lighting might not turn on until you’ve realised you missed a turn and have spun out trying to get back on track, there’s about as many locations to go into in Night City as in Vice City, and in my opinion, a hell of a lot less variation in what you can do in the game as you could have with Vice City.

Simple case of priorities. They focused on the main gameplay loop; Shooting, driving and especially the fluid first person conversation system. Those other things - outside key moments - are secondary. And every instance would have required testing and tuning. And thus cost development time.
So all we've got is basically an Alpha build?
Because clearly not all advertised features are in.

So I will follow up both of these bits with a little addendum:

To those out there who claim this is a “next gen game”, it’s really not. Graphically, it’s pretty great, presuming you don’t have a PS4 that you bought at launch (I have a Pro and I got it pretty late, and a special edition one at that, so it’s a bit more modern than a launch PS4) but taking the whole kit and kaboodle into the picture, the game is definitely not “next gen”. It’s not even current gen. the game can’t even deliver things that were the standard in “open world” games fifteen years back.

Hell, the old GTA on the Xbox (old one, with that big green X and the black background when you booted it up, with the built in music system that had a cool design thing that played when you listened to music) had an effing workable Wanted system, and more advanced AI than 2077.

I’m not exaggerating.

It also had more freedom in the game, for that matter. You could say “fuck the main story” and go hang out and explore Vice City as you wanted, and have tons of organic experiences only you could have experienced, because other people might not have run into that same situation.

In Night City, though? Well, street lamps might turn on when you’ve already driven halfway down the road, intersections’ lighting might not turn on until you’ve realised you missed a turn and have spun out trying to get back on track, there’s about as many locations to go into in Night City as in Vice City, and in my opinion, a hell of a lot less variation in what you can do in the game as you could have with Vice City.
Personally, the only thing I am missing is Cyber-Gwent. I'll take that over any tons of "low quality" mini games in a Rockstar or Ubisoft game.

For the police my explanation is that V is not a terrorist and he is not supposed to massacre civilian. The police is just implemented (poorly I agree) to stop you from doing that.

You probably right.
I would have preferred the animation too instead of inventory. I just tried to understand the reasoning of the developers behind the decison

Cyberware is just plainly missed opportunity, they are no more than stats boost Sadly. If it were done as op suggested it wouldnt do anything as there is no game mechaniq surrounding Cyberware, people dont react to whatever you are, just huge missed opportunity to explore humanity vs cyberware

So all we've got is basically an Alpha build?
Because clearly not all advertised features are in.

An alpha build is a build without the features greenlit for the finished product. Some features just got the yellow or red light instead of green. Most likely because they didn't contribute enough of an value add to the end product in proportion to the needed development time.

Cyberware is just plainly missed opportunity, they are no more than stats boost Sadly. If it were done as op suggested it wouldnt do anything as there is no game mechaniq surrounding Cyberware, people dont react to whatever you are, just huge missed opportunity to explore humanity vs cyberware
100% agree. There was if I'm not mistaken in the 48 min gameplay back in 2018, a "humanity cost" attached to any implant you purchased.
And what they've done with it? Nothing

Personally, the only thing I am missing is Cyber-Gwent. I'll take that over any tons of "low quality" mini games in a Rockstar or Ubisoft game.

For the police my explanation is that V is not a terrorist and he is not supposed to massacre civilian. The police is just implemented (poorly I agree) to stop you from doing that.

I would have preferred the animation too instead of inventory. I just tried to understand the reasoning of the developers behind the decison

I agree. I personally don’t have an interest in just gunning down civilians—doesn’t fit the V I choose to roleplay.

I would like something akin to Gwent, maybe a gambling mini game akin to New Vegas, maybe billiards or playable arcade games—more races, brawls, and shooting gallery challenges and what not, but I think you get that.

This is unforgivable, especially for a game that forces us to play in 1st person perspective with little to no 3rd person cutscenes, in order to "increase" our immersion...
lmao yes. I don't get how people can complain about even the notion of 3rd person in this game, yet be satisfied with how unimmersive everything else is.

Well even though I would absolutely love me some visible chrome. And even a chrome Real Skinn! In a way what we have now is fitting the lore. The less visible, but more intrusive under the skin, the more expansive it gets in Night City. The fully visible cybernetic arms and legs you see on NPC's are often, in lore, of less quality and older gen.

But yeah, I want fully visible cybernetic arms at least, with color choices and neon/leds lights.

It's not just fashionware, it's about immersion. Allegedly, the one thing they wanted for us to experience.
Not just with ripperdocks and cybernetics being visible. Even in a bar or a restaurant, immersion brakes because you have to enter the effin trading screen!
Why not just tell Claire at the Afterlife to give me a Jackie Wells, but instead I have to enter the DREADED TRADING SCREEN? And there is no Jackie Wells...
Why not just pick a kebab from a ventor (not happening) or a plate from a restaurant?

You seem to want a natural language interface for every vendor in the game.

That's not happening.

It's far more practical to implement basic vendor trees with some limited fluff options and a single menu system for all vendors. (But yes I wish there were more vendors and that they were a bit better structured.)

Is it immersion breaking?

That's up to you. For me it breaks immersion far less than not having peripheral vision - for V or enemies. Its less immersion breaking for me than not being able to sit on any chair or other object I could in the real world or even just lean against a wall or sit on the ground properly while in first person.

It's just a practical tool for solving a big problem across a game.

I also don't get the "I want to see the surgery" - really you want to watch someone remove the back of your V's skull and replace it with hardware, or replace all of your bones or your lungs? Sure some stuff (eg subdermal) in lore is done by nanites, but the idea of watching a surgery for every option you might want installed is a huge amount of development resources just so some people can claim to be more immersed by seeing 10s of animation. So they didn't include it because it wasn't a valuable investment of development time.

I want it for fashion.

photomode_22122020_215915 (2).png

20201229172519_1.jpg

Well even though I would absolutely love me some visible chrome. And even a chrome Real Skinn! In a way what we have now is fitting the lore. The less visible, but more intrusive under the skin, the more expansive it gets in Night City. The fully visible cybernetic arms and legs you see on NPC's are often, in lore, of less quality and older gen.

But yeah, I want fully visible cybernetic arms at least, with color choices and neon/leds lights.
I don't know if I would necessarily agree with that. If you see the picture in the OP, the top-tier netrunning gear is quite extensive and not at all subtle.
Another example is Takemura. Would call his gear older gen and cheap?
His position and status at Arasaka speaks of quality and late gen equipment.

Hey, remember when CDPR said all cybernetic implants would have some kind of cutscene for their installation? I thought that was cool AF, and it sounded like a great reason to keep the game in first-person (not that I was ever a "third person or bust" type of person)...

In the end all we got was the one scene from the 2018 demo. A real shame.

Top Bottom