Cyberpunk Dismemberment Bug? NPC’s not taking visible damage.

+
So this is really getting to me. I am playing on the PS5 and when I shoot characters in Cyberpunk as V, there is never dismemberment or noticeable visual damage to NPCs. The NPC just seems to be electrocuted when they die. So when I shoot them, even after they have died, electricity seems to spread around the area that I shoot them in, but that is it. They remain completely intact.

I only noticed this after playing the Johnny Silverhand sections of the game, because his gun does actually do physical damage you can see to the NPC’s. And I started wondering why that didn’t happen as V.

I am aware that mods and cyber ware can make your attacks non-lethal. However, I have even unequipped every weapon and item I have...completely discarded all of them, and bought a shotgun fresh from a weapons shop and this still happens, even with no clothing or anything equipped. I have even bought powerful weapons to see if that was the cause.The only ocular modification I have is the original that you get from Victor, the Kiroshi Optics Mk. 1 which I can’t unequip.

Anyone have ideas what is going on? Am I missing a setting or something? Is this a bug others are having?

So this is really getting to me. I am playing on the PS5 and when I shoot characters in Cyberpunk as V, there is never dismemberment or noticeable visual damage to NPCs. The NPC just seems to be electrocuted when they die. So when I shoot them, even after they have died, electricity seems to spread around the area that I shoot them in, but that is it. They remain completely intact.

I had exactly that problem, and I am interested too, what is the trigger for that.

Because, the first time, I've noticed that thing was after adding new implant (my guess, it was some skin implant, but I can't say you for sure) and after some changes and some hourse playing\upgrading everythng became again fine

EDIT: I think, I get it. If you had weapon upgrade "COMBAT AMPLIFIER", well, it switches off disememberment option. Try to get rid of all such upgrades by replacing it.

Last edited:
There are inconsistent wounds suffered by enemy NPCs. On the one hand, wounds taken from an Aegis Security Turret, esp. if V takes the gun off the turret, are correctly gibbed.

On the other hand, I've mixed Melee use (katana) inside a gunfight, and there are limbs scattered around, but all the bodies have intact limbs (minus the headshots). This is on PC.

You can definitely dismember enemies but it may be inconsistent. One thing is for sure, you can't dismember bodies.

However if you knocked someone incousious you can chop 1 limb or the head off and kill in the process.

I have the same issue on PC. where is the dismemberment and body damage to different parts of npc bodies? it was actually really cool now its missing.

Top Bottom